• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Newbie controller problem.

B

bushdoc

Hi just got the game on my pc, and am loving it, only problem being im having trouble winning on easy.
My joystick config is screwed and was wondering if the right analogue stick was used at all. It doesn't mention it in my booklet but on the EA site the guy that made the game said this.

Another great addition to the controls of Rugby 2005 is the use of the right stick for side-steps, dukes and hand-offs/stiff arms. With a ‘quick flick’ of the right stick in the appropriate direction, the in-game players will be side-stepping and stiff arming like the champions they are.

My right analogue doesnt work in game and was wondering what buttons i have to map to what so that my PS2 controller works the way it should.( igot a converter thingy)

Thanks

Originally posted by bushdoc@Mar 23 2005, 02:38 PM
Hi just got the game on my pc, and am loving it, only problem being im having trouble winning on easy.
My joystick config is screwed and was wondering if the right analogue stick was used at all. It doesn't mention it in my booklet but on the EA site the guy that made the game said this.

Another great addition to the controls of Rugby 2005 is the use of the right stick for side-steps, dukes and hand-offs/stiff arms. With a ‘quick flick’ of the right stick in the appropriate direction, the in-game players will be side-stepping and stiff arming like the champions they are.

My right analogue doesnt work in game and was wondering what buttons i have to map to what so that my PS2 controller works the way it should.( igot a converter thingy)

Thanks
Can't help you with that, sorry mate.

I've only got the PS2 version, so not totally sure.

Teh Mite has the PC and I think maybe Umosay (actually, not sure if Umosay does have the PC version, now come to think of it), so maybe they can help you out.

Jamie Gough

make it so that you press L2 then the face buttons eg. L2 + triangle = shoulder charge, L2 + circle = Step right. That is how I have it set up, seems to work fine.

I am using the Joytokey program that someone (Jared?) suggested in another thread. This allows you to reconfigure your gamepad keys, so that each button on the gamepad will coreespond to a designated key on the keyboard. This is good coz you can completely re-configure the controls to how you want them to me. Only downside is that the control stick seems to be very sensitive with this, to the point that it's sometimes difficult to control the direction your guy is running in.

Leaving aside using Joytokey, you're gamepad should have re-programable buttons, so that you should be able to designate different numbers to different buttons. You ought to be able to reconfigure the controls to suite your needs this way - suggest you use a pen and paper to jot it down as you do it though, otherwise your head will be spinning !

The controls are my main grouse with the pc version.

I find that right trigger works best as the sprint button, with the left trigger being equivalent to the shift key, so holding it and pressing a face button will enable a side step/hand off/shoulder charge (or change player on defence).

Unless you can program the the directional moves of right stick as "buttons"(which i doubt) as a button, can't see how we can use the right stick for moves on pc version.

Thanks guys I have got the Joytokey program to work and have set up like this

triangle= shoulder charge
x =handoff
square =sidestep
circle =sidestep
r1 =pass right
r2 =pass to forwards
L1 =pass left
L2 = pass to forwards
I dont use the collapse scrum buttons or hands in ruck. should i be?

So i gather that the right analogue stick works for no one?

thanks for your help

Unless you can map the right stick movements as programmable "buttons", think it can't be used.

Latest posts