Newport-Gwent Dragons Takeover?

Discussion in 'Guinness Pro14' started by gjohn85, May 8, 2007.

1. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

I'm unsure of how many of you know, but the Dragons are having talks over a multi-million takeover bid by a few Gwent based business men. This bid will include a brand new stadium by 2009. The following is what the Dragons have said in their press statement;

I hope this happens for the Dragons, I used to love watching them when they used to have a top side. They deserve this takeover from the season they had. Considering the lack of talent throughout the side Paul Turner & his assistant Dai Rees has done excellent this season.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Rugby_Cymru

Rugby_Cymru Guest

This is great news in my opinion.
    Dragons are a team with heart and passion and if someone is up for investing millions into the region then it can only be good for Welsh rugby, because right no Dragons are struggling to do anything with their players other than sell them on just to keep afloat.
    This money could encourage some sensisble and effective buys (Welsh prefereably, not too many foreigners) of whom would not "block" the way forward of the youngsters of Gwent, but would aide as an experienced member lending valuable knowledge when it counts.
    Becuase we all know that Gwent is a massive region of potential as far as young up and coming stars are concerned.
    I hope this comes through.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!