• PS3 - Considering it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Revolution - Considering it

• Stick with the PC

• Total voters
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 22 2005, 04:18 PM
I'm surprised to see that the Xbox 360 is well out in front.
prolly coz it comes out 1st

if the gap between xbox360 and ps3 is too long, i'll get both

i couldnt handle people rubbing in my face next gen madden/tiger woods, if i was waiting for the ps3

the ps3 in the end will be bought - i want blue ray and the other jazz

if the xbox has good launch ***les they could sway my hard earned (look Bill, ak47 will buy ur ****, if u launch a good library)

in the end, I need Gran Turismo........and by the sounds of things, Rugby League may not be an xbox product.........which is bible to stay away from xbox360 if thats the case, provided RL3 can be developed

Hardware wise their seems to be way more problems with Sony's PS2 than there was for Microsofts XBox. Wonder if this trend will continue.

The reliability of the XBox brand (Microsoft. Did I just say that?) may now sway me to their side if after a couple of years all I hear is PS3 breakdowns.

I really like the new XBox 360 controller.

I will be going on price, and what games are promised.

However, I'm undecided, so I'll let my current Sony liking do the voting.

Umm, I'm not sure if I understand you, or if you understand me.

I voted for "PS3 - Considering it" since I currently have a PS2, but really I'm still undecided.

Originally posted by ak47+Sep 22 2005, 05:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Sep 22 2005, 05:54 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Sep 22 2005, 04:18 PM
I'm surprised to see that the Xbox 360 is well out in front.
prolly coz it comes out 1st

if the gap between xbox360 and ps3 is too long, i'll get both

i couldnt handle people rubbing in my face next gen madden/tiger woods, if i was waiting for the ps3

the ps3 in the end will be bought - i want blue ray and the other jazz

if the xbox has good launch ***les they could sway my hard earned (look Bill, ak47 will buy ur ****, if u launch a good library)

in the end, I need Gran Turismo........and by the sounds of things, Rugby League may not be an xbox product.........which is bible to stay away from xbox360 if thats the case, provided RL3 can be developed [/b]
To get the effect of the Blueray disk you will need to have a High Definition TV, so its gonna cost ya...

ps3! ps3! ps3!

have ya seen the thing under its hood?!?!

bloody humungo jungo madness thingy freaking mad!!!!

without doubt ps3 they have the backing of most of the big insitutions - best games without dount, sony are giants.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Sep 22 2005, 05:31 PM
Hardware wise their seems to be way more problems with Sony's PS2 than there was for Microsofts XBox. Wonder if this trend will continue.

The reliability of the XBox brand (Microsoft. Did I just say that?) may now sway me to their side if after a couple of years all I hear is PS3 breakdowns.
Highly unlikely... you have to remember sony did most of the Hardware themselves with the PS2. The PS3 on the other hand is a combined effort from a number of highly respected computer hardware developers, most notibly perhaps, the GPU (graphics processing unit) was designed by nVida, the leading company for PC graphics hardware and the designers of the current XBOX's own graphics hardware... If anything, the XBOX will be less stable because they got upset with nVidia and decided to dump them for their competetor ATI (did the gamecubes graphics).

Hopefully with the next gen they will enable to at least have X-Boxers play PS3ers over the internet.

Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 23 2005, 11:19 AM
Hopefully with the next gen they will enable to at least have X-Boxers play PS3ers over the internet.
not a bad idea really, they'll both basically be PC's in disguise, so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible... mind you it would require collaboration from Sony and Microsoft, something which would be a significant conflict of interest for both companies... Possibly if a 3rd party were to organise it.

I read somewhere that Need for Speed Underground 1 had that capablity, may be wrong though.

There's an XBOX 360 road show goin on in australia

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=3119&si...fb16f9348406631

Sydney show on my B'day - hahahaha, and at Home Bar, hahahaha

I will send an PRANK invite to all my mates saying my B'day will be at home bar, get ready for a big night, of drinks music and chicks
<

from PALGN - new news regarding the release of ps3...........the most concering thing for microsoft are the survey figures at the end - even surprised myself at the lop sided results

Microsoft have been banking on the Xbox 360 having a massive head start over Sony's PS3 in the next generation in order to gain some serious market-share in Japan. However, a recent report from Gamefront suggests that this head-start will not quite be as big as Microsoft anticipated.

Sir Howard Stringer, CEO and chairman of Sony, has confirmed that the company intends to launch the PS3 during spring 2006 - so, Q2 then, for those in countries with backward seasons. Much earlier than various analysts and experts predicted.

While no territories were named, it seems pretty obvious that Japan will get the PS3 first, around April or May - presuming this strategy doesn't collapse, anyway. Of course, US and PAL launches would be looking at a Q4 2006 launch as a best-case scenario. Funnily enough, April/May is looking likely to see the release of the GameCube's last hurrah, Zelda Twilight Princess.

The PS3 is currently high on the most wanted list of many Japanese pundits, as a recent survey found out. Surveying 500 male gamers and 500 female gamers, a rather disturbing 72.8% said they would be buying a PS3. This is compared to 29.1% who said they were interested Nintendo's Revolution, and an upsetting 5.8% who were interested in the Xbox 360.

Looks like Microsoft will need every day of that head start when the Xbox 360 launches on December 10 in Japan.

Originally posted by ak47@Sep 23 2005, 02:38 PM
from PALGN - new news regarding the release of ps3...........the most concering thing for microsoft are the survey figures at the end - even surprised myself at the lop sided results

Microsoft have been banking on the Xbox 360 having a massive head start over Sony's PS3 in the next generation in order to gain some serious market-share in Japan. However, a recent report from Gamefront suggests that this head-start will not quite be as big as Microsoft anticipated.

Sir Howard Stringer, CEO and chairman of Sony, has confirmed that the company intends to launch the PS3 during spring 2006 - so, Q2 then, for those in countries with backward seasons. Much earlier than various analysts and experts predicted.

While no territories were named, it seems pretty obvious that Japan will get the PS3 first, around April or May - presuming this strategy doesn't collapse, anyway. Of course, US and PAL launches would be looking at a Q4 2006 launch as a best-case scenario. Funnily enough, April/May is looking likely to see the release of the GameCube's last hurrah, Zelda Twilight Princess.

The PS3 is currently high on the most wanted list of many Japanese pundits, as a recent survey found out. Surveying 500 male gamers and 500 female gamers, a rather disturbing 72.8% said they would be buying a PS3. This is compared to 29.1% who said they were interested Nintendo's Revolution, and an upsetting 5.8% who were interested in the Xbox 360.

Looks like Microsoft will need every day of that head start when the Xbox 360 launches on December 10 in Japan.
Microsoft will never, NEVER penetrate the Japanese market in the same way Sony has the US and European markets... Microsoft just carries such little credibility in Japan for some reason and people generally regarded the XBOX with disdain. When I was there if you went to a department store or something looking for games, there would be several shelves devoted to PS2 and GC, and then maybe a ROW from a DVD shelf for XBOX... I personally think Microsoft should cut their losses and just pull out of Japan, they're all too loyal to sony and nintendo.

Latest posts