• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NH Side v SH Side

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Mar 3 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 3 2010, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 3 2010, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Mar 3 2010, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure the 6N winner would be good enough to have a close game with a test standard super 14 team like the Crusaders or Bulls, but Crusaders or Bulls would beat the 6N winner 9 times out of 10.[/b]
Six Nations Winner vs Tri-nations/Lions/World Champions
This years 6N Champions vs Tri-nations/Lions/World Champions
[/b][/quote]

:bravo: says it all really
[/b][/quote]

Yes. It says: "Donder, maar die Bokke het kak aangevang einde verlede jaar. Fokkit."
[/b][/quote]
The internet tells me you just said:
"thunder , but the goats have **** aangevang end past years . fokkit ..."

I wholeheartedly agree :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 3 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm sure the 6N winner would be good enough to have a close game with a test standard super 14 team like the Crusaders or Bulls, but Crusaders or Bulls would beat the 6N winner 9 times out of 10.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Again, loving the fact that you boys base absolutely everything you say on the AI's. For you guys, it's like the end of year tours are the be-all and end all of what the entire rugby season means. It doesn't matter who did what, or when, all that matters, are what happens during the AI's.

World Cups? What's that? Is it like a mini AI?

Lions tour? Ah doesn't matter. We won during the AI's!

Morne Steyn? Ah whatever. Sexton played better during the AI's.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 3 2010, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Mar 3 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 3 2010, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 3 2010, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

:bravo: says it all really
[/b][/quote]

Yes. It says: "Donder, maar die Bokke het kak aangevang einde verlede jaar. Fokkit."
[/b][/quote]
The internet tells me you just said:
"thunder , but the goats have **** aangevang end past year. fokkit ..."

I wholeheartedly agree :p
[/b][/quote]

Not too bad. A lot lost in a very direct translation (but waht can you expect) but it gets the message across.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 3 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 3 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

Again, loving the fact that you boys base absolutely everything you say on the AI's. For you guys, it's like the end of year tours are the be-all and end all of what the entire rugby season means. It doesn't matter who did what, or when, all that matters, are what happens during the AI's.

World Cups? What's that? Is it like a mini AI?

Lions tour? Ah doesn't matter. We won during the AI's!

Morne Steyn? Ah whatever. Sexton played better during the AI's.

[/b][/quote]
Twas more a reaction to Dale's comment than a declaration that only the AI's count surely?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 3 2010, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I love how you pick and choose which matches count (obviously only the ones that the SH teams won ;) )[/b]

Erm... it's called IRB world rankings??? You know, that table that none of you care about because you never seem to be at the top of it? No matter though.

Besides, last years AI's eclipsed the face that we beat the Lions, or New Zealand 3 times in a row, and won the Tri Nations didn't it?

The 3 Southern Hemisphere teams SA,NZ and Australia are better than the teams up north. Always have been, always will be. We are just better at rugby. Obviously there are numerous times where you guys are highly competitive, and manage to beat us in your own back yards once our seasons are finished. But overall, we are better than you. Or do you think otherwise?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 3 2010, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Again, loving the fact that you boys base absolutely everything you say on the AI's.[/b]

You mean as opposed to this very well documented and flawless argument :

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Crusaders or Bulls would beat the 6N winner 9 times out of 10.[/b]

?

On what else would you base a comparison between 2 teams than the last few times they played against each other?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 3 2010, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 3 2010, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love how you pick and choose which matches count (obviously only the ones that the SH teams won ;) )[/b]

Erm... it's called IRB world rankings??? You know, that table that none of you care about because you never seem to be at the top of it? No matter though.

Besides, last years AI's eclipsed the face that we beat the Lions, or New Zealand 3 times in a row, and won the Tri Nations didn't it?

The 3 Southern Hemisphere teams SA,NZ and Australia are better than the teams up north. Always have been, always will be. We are just better at rugby. Obviously there are numerous times where you guys are highly competitive, and manage to beat us in your own back yards once our seasons are finished. But overall, we are better than you. Or do you think otherwise?
[/b][/quote]

Thierry Dusautoir. End of. France are as good as any of the tri nations teams, as proven last year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 3 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
overall, we are better than you. Or do you think otherwise?[/b]

I agree the 3N teams are absolutely awesome, keep bringing the game to higher levels and one of them is the World Champion, however I think everyone would agree that the fairest competition is the World Cup, with every team being given the same amount of time to prepare it.

2003 : England wins it
2007 : Two of the three teams you are putting on a pedestal don't even reach the Semis

Since 1999 there has always been a NH vs SH final

The world rankings are however correct, your teams are the better ones basing it on all the times they played against each other.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 3 2010, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But overall, we are better than you. Or do you think otherwise?[/b]
I've never said that.
I was just pointing out instances, to Dale, that these greatly inferior teams of ours have actually beaten SH teams before.

O, yeah certainly. Personally I have huge respect for France. For me, the 3 best teams in world rugby at the moment is NZ, SA and France. Anyone of these can beat the other at any given time. The rest.. it would be a bit of an upset IMO.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 3 2010, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thierry Dusautoir. End of. France are as good as any of the tri nations teams, as proven last year.[/b]

No, France are in a league of their own.

There are the 3 Southern Hemisphere powers.

There are the 4 Northern Hemisphere Powers.

Then there's France.

Also, Dale is fishing. I don't think he is being serious, as that statement is beyond far-fetched.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 3 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 3 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
overall, we are better than you. Or do you think otherwise?[/b]

I agree the 3N teams are absolutely awesome, keep bringing the game to higher levels and one of them is the World Champion, however I think everyone would agree that the fairest competition is the World Cup, with every team being given the same amount of time to prepare it.

2003 : England wins it
2007 : Two of the three teams you are putting on a pedestal don't even reach the Semis
Since 1999 there has always been a NH vs SH final

The world rankings are however correct, your teams are the better ones basing it on all the times they played against each other.
[/b][/quote]

No-one here is puting Aus on a pedastal. They were great in and around 1999 and remain hugely competative but the fact that rugby actually just isn't that huge in Aus really hampers them. Also, don't get any Kiwi started on 2007 RWC.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 3 2010, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 3 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Silly me, I thought France was in the northern hemisphere.[/b]

It's a common mistake. They are in fact part of the French Hemisphere.
[/b][/quote]

:lol:
The french hemisphere:

camembert.jpg

...Well, it's been a good 2 days since this argument has been brought up. If I may add my final view to this pointless and endless debate -

1. The All Blacks have been the best team of the professional era. This is shown by the fact that we hold the record number of win pecentage, tries and points. The All Blacks have won the most Tri Nations and Bledisloe Cups. In terms of club rugby New Zealand teams have won it more then the other two countries. When it comes to the Rugby World Cup, we choke (definition of choke includes getting food poisoned and Berrick Barnes), however despite these things, we still lose. We still however remain the most dominant team over the past 20 years with winning Two Grand Slams, 9 Tri Nations, 13 Bledisloe Cups, 2 Lions Series and 2 Grand Slams while remaining on the top of the IRB rankings longer then any other team. In current form we are still rated number 1, however are possibly worse then South Africa. We look to peak for the RWC.
Winning record against (not all are relevant today):
South Africa: 53%
Australia: 67%
France: 72%
British and Irish Lions: 76%
England: 77%
Ireland: 95% (Drew once)
Wales: 88% (Unbeaten in over 20 years)
2. South Africa have been the second best team throughout the last 15 years. They have won 3 Tri Nations (Including the latest one), 1 Lions Series and have the very impressive statistic of winning half the World Cups they have ever entered. By far the most successful team in winning the tornement that counts for the most in World Rugby, South Africa has consistantly been the second best team in recent years and last year and 2007 were the number 1 team.
New Zealand: 42%
British and Irish Lions: 48%
Australia: 58%
France: 54%
England: 58%
Ireland: 77%
Wales: 91%
3. Australia have fallen out of form and currently barely cling onto their current rating on the IRB ratings as third. In the last 20 years they have also won two World Cups, 2 Tri Nations, 7 Bledisloe Cups and a Lions Series. In current form they are perhaps behind France from the Northern Hemisphare however they have been consistantly better over the last 5 years.
4. France have been impossible to rate as they either perform very highly or fail miserably. They have not won a World Cup at any stage, however they have caused several upsets in beating the All Blacks twice in knock out stages of the World Cup and have appeared in a final. In the last 10 years they have won 4 Six Nations, the best of any Northern Hemisphare Side.

In terms of club rugby, there is no comparible way of rating the teams as the rules, weather conditions and length of seasons are different.

At the current stage, I'd find it very hard for any person from the North Hemisphare to claim that they're team is better then either South Africa or New Zealand. There is bound to be the odd win here and there, and it's not meant as an insult towards North Hemisphare National Teams, it's just we are currently better and have all ways been better. The gap is decreasing and in thirty years that gap may be gone or even reversed. France as a Nation seems to be getting into more of a rythm, and if they keep improving I can see them being a real challenge for the RWC. Ireland is also improving however they seem to be doing very well for a NH team, I think there is still a large gap between a red hot Irish team and a red hot South African/New Zealand team. They did do very well last year however and I think they are in contention for a spot in the RWC Semi-Final. England are sh*t. They did well in 2003 and then went down hill. They stand no chance of winng the RWC, however they could make it to the semi final/final because they all ways do. In Current form the two teams who would make the best game for the RWC Final would be South Africa vs New Zealand. Will that happen? Depend if we choke or not.

Long winded and boring review, however I wanted to get my opinion out and now stfu during these annoying debates.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Mar 4 2010, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
...Well, it's been a good 2 days since this argument has been brought up. If I may add my final view to this pointless and endless debate -

1. The All Blacks have been the best team of the professional era. This is shown by the fact that we hold the record number of win pecentage, tries and points. The All Blacks have won the most Tri Nations and Bledisloe Cups. In terms of club rugby New Zealand teams have won it more then the other two countries. When it comes to the Rugby World Cup, we choke (definition of choke includes getting food poisoned and Berrick Barnes), however despite these things, we still lose. We still however remain the most dominant team over the past 20 years with winning Two Grand Slams, 9 Tri Nations, 13 Bledisloe Cups, 2 Lions Series and 2 Grand Slams while remaining on the top of the IRB rankings longer then any other team. In current form we are still rated number 1, however are possibly worse then South Africa. We look to peak for the RWC.
2. South Africa have been the second best team throughout the last 15 years. They have won 3 Tri Nations (Including the latest one), 1 Lions Series and have the very impressive statistic of winning half the World Cups they have ever entered. By far the most successful team in winning the tornement that counts for the most in World Rugby, South Africa has consistantly been the second best team in recent years and last year and 2007 were the number 1 team.
3. Australia have fallen out of form and currently barely cling onto their current rating on the IRB ratings as third. In the last 20 years they have also won two World Cups, 2 Tri Nations, 7 Bledisloe Cups and a Lions Series. In current form they are perhaps behind France from the Northern Hemisphare however they have been consistantly better over the last 5 years.
4. France have been impossible to rate as they either perform very highly or fail miserably. They have not won a World Cup at any stage, however they have caused several upsets in beating the All Blacks twice in knock out stages of the World Cup and have appeared in a final. In the last 10 years they have won 4 Six Nations, the best of any Northern Hemisphare Side.

In terms of club rugby, there is no comparible way of rating the teams as the rules, weather conditions and length of seasons are different.

At the current stage, I'd find it very hard for any person from the North Hemisphare to claim that they're team is better then either South Africa or New Zealand. There is bound to be the odd win here and there, and it's not meant as an insult towards North Hemisphare National Teams, it's just we are currently better and have all ways been better. The gap is decreasing and in thirty years that gap may be gone or even reversed. France as a Nation seems to be getting into more of a rythm, and if they keep improving I can see them being a real challenge for the RWC. Ireland is also improving however they seem to be doing very well for a NH team, I think there is still a large gap between a red hot Irish team and a red hot South African/New Zealand team. They did do very well last year however and I think they are in contention for a spot in the RWC Semi-Final. England are sh*t. They did well in 2003 and then went down hill. They stand no chance of winng the RWC, however they could make it to the semi final/final because they all ways do. In Current form the two teams who would make the best game for the RWC Final would be South Africa vs New Zealand. Will that happen? Depend if we choke or not.

Long winded and boring review, however I wanted to get my opinion out and now stfu during these annoying debates.[/b]

Statistical data looks quite impressive

I always come from Rugby World Cup results

Mostly the country and hemisphere dominance is counted from World Cup tournaments' results

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Mar 5 2010, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Mar 4 2010, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Long winded and boring review, however I wanted to get my opinion out and now stfu during these annoying debates.[/b]

Statistical data looks quite impressive

I always come from Rugby World Cup results

Mostly the country and hemisphere dominance is counted from World Cup tournaments' results
[/b][/quote]
If that's the case, a teams worth is judged every 4 years and England are the best team this decade. Considering how crap they are inbetween World Cups, I'd say it's a pretty illogical way of looking at it, especially as teams can often peak in between World Cups. I'd say an overall tally of results is the most objective way of looking how good a team is by winning percentages, as it is a consistant standard of how good a team is.

Latest posts