• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nice pic from a Belgian team's website

R

RoyalBlueStuey

chouin27.gif

Waterloo in Belgium

I like that pic a lot actually
[/b]

It captures the real grinding struggle you get between the two teams in a maul. Very good indeed.

That's where I was married! I've seen them play!
[/b]

Cool....did you got to see the battlefield? I'm off to the Benelux later this year. Not sure it's work trudging down their just to see a field.

<div class='quotemain'>
I like that pic a lot actually
[/b]

It captures the real grinding struggle you get between the two teams in a maul. Very good indeed.

That's where I was married! I've seen them play!
[/b]

Cool....did you got to see the battlefield? I'm off to the Benelux later this year. Not sure it's work trudging down their just to see a field.
[/b][/quote]
Well, it depends how into history you are. The memorial site is this gigantic hill with a lion on top with his paw resting on a cannonball (it's the town symbol). There is a museum which walks you through the battle, and all the sights are still there. The church where Wellington prayed just before battle is there, it's gorgeous. Plus your less than 20 minutes away from downtown Brussels, which is one of the most amazing cities ever.
http://www.waterloo.be/home/index.cfm?l=2

Well, it depends how into history you are. The memorial site is this gigantic hill with a lion on top with his paw resting on a cannonball (it's the town symbol). There is a museum which walks you through the battle, and all the sights are still there. The church where Wellington prayed just before battle is there, it's gorgeous. Plus your less than 20 minutes away from downtown Brussels, which is one of the most amazing cities ever.
[/b]

I'd like to see the ridge the redcoats held (in the face of the Imperial Guard) and l'Haye Saint & Hougemont.

How easy is it to get to from Brussels if you've no car?

thomas_tank_engine.jpg

35-40 min by train. They have a decent metro system...we'll take it occasionally when we don't feel like having to find parking and all that crap when we go downtown to shop and to the grand place (A must see).

Latest posts