• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

No manager mode ?

Will Lions tour be back. And also the Currie Cup is much better than New Zealand provincal championship

seriously, if they implement online play in the game, nobody would care about world league. You can make tournaments with your friends if you like. Better yet, an online portal (like battlenet) that holds track of player performance would be awesome.

An online upgrade system of the Blur/MW2 variety would potentially be an option also - Start with a very basic number of teams available and not custom tactics. As rank increases, custom set plays and more teams become available (Lions, BaaBaas, Maori, PIs, Classic teams etc.). May jusy increase the online longevity of the game.

A rough idea, but perhaps a goer if it were refined.

An online upgrade system of the Blur/MW2 variety would potentially be an option also - Start with a very basic number of teams available and not custom tactics. As rank increases, custom set plays and more teams become available (Lions, BaaBaas, Maori, PIs, Classic teams etc.). May jusy increase the online longevity of the game.

A rough idea, but perhaps a goer if it were refined.

and it's cheap! if a couple of college students can create a browser game, any game studio can make a ratings server!

seriously, if they implement online play in the game, nobody would care about world league. You can make tournaments with your friends if you like. Better yet, an online portal (like battlenet) that holds track of player performance would be awesome.

Im not disputing the fact that online gaming is great, it is. I game online quite often but unless a game's online section is made seamless and without major faults then there may be doubts for a game's replability - even then once the online gets tiring or less active, that is when modes such as world league and similar modes manager mode builds on the replayability of a game.

In terms of comparing Rugby games to Football games they are a world apart, first of all Fifa having "billions" of features and neat stuff is because of their budget and the fact that they reached where they are due to the many iterations of ***les along with hard competition in that market. I would like to think that if Rugby gaming ***les ever reach that level of complexity then a need for a forum like this would be very low, even then in my honest opinion it would not be a negative aspect for the game.

I have bought and played most if not all Rugby games since JLR and what I enjoy most is their competition & season modes. With RLL, their main focus was the online feature and they decided to leave out the season modes but this has eventuated in the game becoming practically dead. I'm quite certain that this may be because of the reasons I have been mentioning or market factors. Not to mention lots (and I mean lots) of gamers onsold their RLL game after realising there were no season modes.

After commenting yesterday, I hopped on RLL to have a few online matches as I already played the competition modes to death - but I couldn't find a player for up to 30min so I gave up but when I first got the game the online was decent. Now that this has happened I cannot see myself playing the game unless I have friends over or until the next NRL season picks up.

To sum up online play alone in my opinion is not the key to a game's longevity.

Last edited:
he has to be defensive... Rugby 2012 is a game that we are getting exclusive info on. no one else is getting the kinda info we are and also we are alligned with HB to have this sort of knowledge... I feel the rugby 2012 project is now under threat of everyone forgetting [not completely] about it and moving onto anticipating the Rugby Challenge game... We must show some form of loyalty to the HB guys, we have been in the loop for quite some time now, and just because we aren't getting a feature we were all hoping for, we've now all lost hope and feel it's ok because of the Sidhe game... We must show some form of loyalty....

so how many rugby games are comming out ?

2 atm. Rugby 2012 & Rugby Challenge both due to be released in time for RWC 2011.

Except those of us who want to play with real friends... Lounge mode is a must for this game!

Latest posts