• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

No manager mode ?

hen2511

Academy Player
Reading the question and answer post, would just like to clear this up,

does this mean no world league ?

i was looking forward to a strong manager mode as that is wher emost my time will be spet on the game, where else would i spend it, continuous quick matches ?

Yes apparently no manager mode, so in my opinion, less sales of the game, so less profit so if there is a follow up game it may not be as good as this one. No manage mode or be a pro mode is a huge let down in my opinion.

Look at it this way... they are focussing on delivering a quality gameplay experience so that is what we should be happy about for now

And what's that got to do with 2012?

Agreed Bullitt. In another thread I think Dan and I just agreed to wholesale deletion of posts that are irrelevant to the rugby game in question and totally focused on another.

markshaw - The Rugby 2012 forum is for discussion of the merits/features of exactly that, Rugby 2012.

Agreed Bullitt. In another thread I think Dan and I just agreed to wholesale deletion of posts that are irrelevant to the rugby game in question and totally focused on another.

markshaw - The Rugby 2012 forum is for discussion of the merits/features of exactly that, Rugby 2012.

frredom of speech? lets assume he didnt know there was going to be another game with franchise mode..
Bullit , i like your posts as they always make sence and I beleive you have a great rugby knowledge but your being a bit defensive about rugby 2012. I dont want trouble just speaking up.

he has to be defensive... Rugby 2012 is a game that we are getting exclusive info on. no one else is getting the kinda info we are and also we are alligned with HB to have this sort of knowledge... I feel the rugby 2012 project is now under threat of everyone forgetting [not completely] about it and moving onto anticipating the Rugby Challenge game... We must show some form of loyalty to the HB guys, we have been in the loop for quite some time now, and just because we aren't getting a feature we were all hoping for, we've now all lost hope and feel it's ok because of the Sidhe game... We must show some form of loyalty....

frredom of speech? lets assume he didnt know there was going to be another game with franchise mode..
Bullit , i like your posts as they always make sence and I beleive you have a great rugby knowledge but your being a bit defensive about rugby 2012. I dont want trouble just speaking up.

Freedom of speech is fine for public spaces, your own private spaces and even public online spaces, but this is a privately owned online space. That said we don't alter or move 99% of the posts that appear on this forum and we don't generally censor personal opinion.

In this case, we are trying to make sure that all discussion on Rugby 2012 specifics and features are discussed in the Rugby 2012 forums. All information related to other ***les is to be posted in the appropriate forums. If we don't do this over a few months it can become a slippery slope of confusing information being posted in the wrong gaming forum.

We want information relating to HB to be readily available to them, as they do read these forums. We do not want them to have to sift through information relating to any other ***les. The same goes in reverse.

This is about a few things.

1. We don't want either developer to find this forum less than useful due to having to sift through pages and pages of info on other ***les.
2. We don't want people trying to tauntingly wave the fact that another ***le has 'x' or 'y' feature under the nose of a developer and that theirs doesn't appear to.
3. We don't want our members to confuse a post on one ***le for a post on another.

Let's just use some common sense and post about Rugby 2012 in the appropriate forums. There will be some interesting information on the ***le about over the next while and it'll only get better as it gets closer to release time.

*** Fairly well put above Dizzy! Although I wouldn't quite say there's much chance of everyone forgetting about this project, as things get closer to release time there'll be more than enough interesting info to keep people interested. ***

Would like to have a world league mode again (with better player recruitment) or manager mode to add longevity to the game. I understand that the game has a certain budget but leaving both these features out will have a detrimental effect not only on sales but to replay value of the game. For instance although I quite like the recent league ***le, their lack of a franchise mode alongside lackluster competition modes - I have not played a single match for a few weeks (would be playing more if their online mode didn't have long connection times).

On the flip side, Fifa 11 has around a billion different game modes yet all anyone ever does is play online - I don't know many people who lasted long on the Fifa career mode simply because they got so bored with page after page of statistics and loading screens.

Online play is the key to the games longevity, not a manager or season mode.

On the flip side, Fifa 11 has around a billion different game modes yet all anyone ever does is play online - I don't know many people who lasted long on the Fifa career mode simply because they got so bored with page after page of statistics and loading screens.

Online play is the key to the games longevity, not a manager or season mode.

Here I agreeing with Bullitt again, this could be my quota for the week, but yes indeed. Online play (as much as I prefer playing against my friends in person), has really become the number one focus in most video games now. Single player can suffer in the occasional ***le from too much depth and too many expectations for a person to spend 45 hours of their life getting halfway through a season (yes I know that's a slight exaggeration, but the point still remains).

Lads 2 quick questions off the topic.
1. Is there online option in 2012
2. What date roughly are we expecting game out

I play fifa 09,10 and 11 and barely ever play online. I find the manager mode and be a pro mode extremely fun, altering teams to your liking so you can have the best players in the world. One thing I hated about the world league in rugby 08 was there was a limit to the amount of star players you could have, I think I would of enjoyed it more if I could have a star studded team like in Fifa. Of course I still play the online, but the manager and be a pro modes are a huge part of the game and should be for Rugby 2012 as well, not having them will be a mistake.

I play fifa 09,10 and 11 and barely ever play online. I find the manager mode and be a pro mode extremely fun, altering teams to your liking so you can have the best players in the world. One thing I hated about the world league in rugby 08 was there was a limit to the amount of star players you could have, I think I would of enjoyed it more if I could have a star studded team like in Fifa. Of course I still play the online, but the manager and be a pro modes are a huge part of the game and should be for Rugby 2012 as well, not having them will be a mistake.

No, not having them will not be a mistake. It would be good to have them, but the game simply does NOT have a market big enough to pay for the Be A Pro mode and Management mode would be also take a big chunk of development time too.

I've probably said this a few dozen times on TRF, but Fifa is made on a huge budget of many millions of dollars. This game possibly has less than 10% of Fifa's budget. How on earth do they do all these things people want? Do they just decide to not pay their staff and stop work on other projects?

A management or franchise mode would be nice, but if they start work on it, then time goes away from making the game play correctly, the AI from being better than it's been before, from the graphics looking any good. I don't think anyone with common sense wants the game to have a whole bunch of features and none of them function very well.

Individual leagues and maybe a re-hash of the old World League would do for the first outing - I wouldn't be surprised if the WC tournament isn't the biggy HB are going for, the competition are making too much of a song and dance about the NZ provincial competitions and ignoring the rest for me to think otherwise - then also including a good "offline party mode" or lounge mode for the at-home competitions. So long as it plays right and has good online options I'll be happy for the time being.

Lisences are certainly a welcome bonus (and we know that at least some are on the way), but not the be all and end all IMO.

Latest posts