• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Why no online code for xbox 360

HB are making it really hard for me to buy the game, too little information. Even if the code has nothing to do with online multiplayer, no one is going to buy a used copy of the game with old kits because the code has been redeemed are they. It appears the code is only available in game or if log in with HB on their website, I assume the code is one time use and not universal.

Why lock something out that is on the disc, is this a joke or what? Will the code be available for free on XBL/PSN is anybody's guess.

If this code is not universal, I expect the value of the game to plummet, something I am not going to entertain as there are a ton of games on the way, and to support the franchises I want to support, play and trade is the only way.

Oh dear....is the game turning sour? Expectations were high....maybe it really is 08 rehashed over the past 1/2/3 years *. (*delete as applicable).

Too late Glen... you've already lost something like a gazillion sales over this code idea - was just too complex a notion for anyone with a patience tolerance equal to the memory capacity of a carassius auratus auratus

But to even it all up, I'm going to buy a gazillion copies myself as I think this code idea is the best thing since the sliced pan and will add unlimited longevity! Consider yourselves gazillionaires!

On a serious note, your explanation was what I'd been expecting the whole time regarding the code availability and it's re-use, it's just a shame that others couldn't contain themselves until release date before fretting and cancelling expected purchases.
It means a person less to play against online, which is a shame, but then again, with a tolerance level so low would they ever last a match when they began losing? S'pose we'll never know...

Guys,

the code is not a one time use code. It will be the same code that everyone enters to unlock the kits and online play.
If you go to www.rwc2011game.com you will currently see a message saying that the code will be available August 24th.
Once you enter it as long as you have a profile you should never have to enter it again. If you buy new, rent or buy the game used, the code will still work so there is no need for conspiracy theories about the code devaluing the game :)

The primary reason for our unlock code was to keep the Kits under lock and key until they were all announced. We also locked Online so that everyone was using the latest kits when playing online games.

It seems as if EB Games might be selling the game early based on some of the other threads which is something out of our control but no to my knowledge, no one should have been able to purchase the game until August 26th. so if you are one of those that have well consider yourselves lucky :)

Thank you Glen, Friday purchase is back on again, the main reason for my cry was I wanted buy my game, play it for a month (maybe keep forever if i'm happy of course), trade it/sell it on for one of the big christmas games and return to RWC when the price is right. If things were possibly locked out I would not play online, unlock kits in case I wanted to sell my game on. I see nothing wrong with this attitude there are a lot of games this winter I want but I cannot afford, either time-wise or wallet-wise.

As for my Irish pen pal I never quit, spare your patter and save it for some tramp.

Yes, apologies for my meltdown, I am buying a lot of boy toys - a new flashy car, a whole new rig for BF3, the inner nerd is in a candy shop, meanwhile the big house which is beyond my means and the parrot on my shoulder just won't let it go. My new dilemma is FIFA 12 do I really need the new FIFA, or should I stick with having two rugby games instead. I can leave that one for another day.

Latest posts