• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

North American release

C

captainamerica

Was beginning to sweat a little, as easports.com (US) is covered with Arena Football. If I could find the guy who thought that was a good idea I'd punch him in the throat.

Arena Football . . . in a video game . . . anyone who buys that should cut off their head.

In other news, if you go to the EA Store, you can see that they are pre-ordering for Rugby 2006. There is no release date set, but the almighty coupon for Free Shipping expires March 31st (and it's only valid for Canada & USA)

Just updating for the northside americanos.

EB Games have a shipping date of Feb 14th and for 30 bucks (wow
<
). I'd like to think they're somewhat reliable over here in the States as I've never really been let down by them so . . . we'll see.

EB Games Rugby 2006

Does look as though the EA stranglehold on the franchise tightens with each year

Now shipping to non-rugby regions
Now advertising on non-rugby regions

Thats like a Madden advert in australia.

For all good and purposes I hope this is a beauty, so we can jump on the EA bandwgaon like we do with Tiger Woods and Madden.

In the past we have been shooting EA in the foot

Hopefully we wont be doing that much more, and perhaps shooting any challengers in the foot.

OK, foot in mouth, i'll shut-up now.............but i'm excitied!!!!!!!

Originally posted by captainamerica@Jan 16 2006, 05:29 PM

<
). I'd like to think they're somewhat reliable over here in the States as I've never really been let down by them so . . . we'll see.

EB Games Rugby 2006
Hmmmm........................................

http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=4114
The Rugby Forum -> Release Date For Rugby 06

hehe just messin' with ya Capt', but yea I posted that back then.

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 16 2006, 05:44 PM
Does look as though the EA stranglehold on the franchise tightens with each year

For all good and purposes I hope this is a beauty, so we can jump on the EA bandwgaon like we do with Tiger Woods and Madden.

Hopefully we wont be doing that much more, and perhaps shooting any challengers in the foot.

Well Ak, even if Ea get there rugby franchise up to scratch there is always Ea's cricket franchise to abuse...............
<

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche+Jan 19 2006, 01:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ride The Cliche @ Jan 19 2006, 01:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jan 16 2006, 05:44 PM

Well Ak, even if Ea get there rugby franchise up to scratch there is always Ea's cricket franchise to abuse...............
<
[/b]
mate the way that project is heading, we will always be able to abuse EA until we die

that is the worst sports game of all time.........its worse than Rugby2004

EAcricket needs to sell its rights to ICC liscenses to codies

That way BLIC/RPIC can get on with things and make the world a better place

will be interesting to see how arena football goes for EA, and will give us an indication how much effort they put in to our sports ***les, coz i bet Arena Footy will be atleast a decent playable game, unlike Rugby 2004.
<

Originally posted by Boltman+Jan 19 2006, 12:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boltman @ Jan 19 2006, 12:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Jan 16 2006, 05:29 PM

<
).  I'd like to think they're somewhat reliable over here in the States as I've never really been let down by them so . . . we'll see.

EB Games Rugby 2006
Hmmmm........................................

http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=4114
The Rugby Forum -> Release Date For Rugby 06

hehe just messin' with ya Capt', but yea I posted that back then. [/b]
Doh!
<

Nice one!
<
Glad to see that the date hasn't changed then! Roll on February.

Nice find with the cover, DC.

Interesting bit of marketing having Ireland (and only Irish players) on the cover.
Very interesting indeed.

Also, if you follow the Gamespot to the guy who previewed it (here), he has this thing to say:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The first thing I noticed was that New Zealand was statistically the best team in the game, followed closely by England and South Africa.[/b]

Proberby because of the statistic when somthing like 70% od Americans claim to be Irish.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jan 22 2006, 11:35 PM
Proberby because of the statistic when somthing like 70% od Americans claim to be Irish.
yea true, i am irish tho
<
like over 50%.. but its ridiculous how many claim to be irish here

anyways rejoice NA friends, i just looked on EA united states site and they have a rugby 06 site in the works
<

check it out i took a screen shot

yes!
<

Latest posts