• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

North Korea

The truth is, the 80's in America were great. We had a real arch-nemesis in the USSR (CCCP).
Remember Rocky IV?
rocky14.jpg

We hated the commies. All of our sitcoms and movies all made fun of them. Then, they announced the cold war was over, and the age of innocense was lost. America needs it's evil twin. It's the Ying and Yang principle. We need someone to hate, and since the 90's we've been looking for someone.

The truth is, the 80's in America were great. We had a real arch-nemesis in the USSR (CCCP).
Remember Rocky IV?
rocky14.jpg

We hated the commies. All of our sitcoms and movies all made fun of them. Then, they announced the cold war was over, and the age of innocense was lost. America needs it's evil twin. It's the Ying and Yang principle. We need someone to hate, and since the 90's we've been looking for someone.
[/b]

:) that makes me laugh a lot ... ying and yang ... and i bet america is the white part ... the "goods" :) :). i can remind you that your actual president uses some kind of nazi methodes : control of the population by the medias, propaganda, free acces to the police to personal data, guantanamo, patriot act 2 ... so don't say anymore that you are "the land of freedom" please !!!
but i agree with your ppoint of having someone to hate.
Could you tell us how do ppl think in the US about all that **** going on in irak ?
btw i've got nothing against you mate as you seem to be interested by the rest of the world (on the contrary to many of your compatriots). i think you could put nz aus or wales on a map ... A lot of ppl in america could not even situate irak on a map (a lot of them put it in africa) !!!

<div class='quotemain'>
I'm really not sure what the concern is as North Korea are weak.
[/b]
Well, if my neighbor is carrying around a nuclear bomb, I wouldn't exactly call him "weak." That's the problem. The DPRK (Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea) is lead (or held captive) by a crazy man (Kim Il jung). Mr. Kim ("I'm so ronley") is off his rocker.
dae-jung-kim-met-kimjong-il.gif

He is said to have a library of 20,000 Hollywood movies and to have even written a book on the cinema. He even went so far as to engineer the kidnapping, in 1978, of a South Korean film director and his girlfriend.

This taste for the exotic apparently extends to gastronomy.

Konstantin Pulikovsky, a Russian emissary who travelled with Mr Kim by train across Russia in reported that the North Korean leader had live lobsters air-lifted to the train every day which he ate with silver chopsticks.

The two men shared champagne with a bevy of female companions of "utmost beauty and intelligence", according to Mr Pulikovsky.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/1907197.stm
[/b]

Personally I believe that there is more chance of the USA using nuclear weapons than North Korea anyway.
[/b]
Really? I don't see that happening. The problem with the countries that have nukes is that they are all basically in one of those crazy movie scenarios where everyone has a gun pointed at everyone else. So if one party pulls the trigger, everyone else will. That's the problem with nuclear weapons (or any WMD). Since we already have that scene in play, why would you want a crazy North Korean midget joining in...he just might fire.
[/b][/quote]

Well the Americans have already used a "nuke"! Twice. Okay it was an atomic bomb but essentially atomic and nuclear bombs are pretty similar especially if you happen to the victim of one.

euh not really mate ... atomic bomb is a nuclear bomb. the one you wanted to say isthe hydrogen bomb which is alo a nuclear bomb but something like 10 000 times more powerful (10 megatons/cm² for a H bomb).

:) that makes me laugh a lot ... ying and yang ... and i bet america is the white part ... the "goods" :) :). i can remind you that your actual president uses some kind of nazi methodes : control of the population by the medias, propaganda, free acces to the police to personal data, guantanamo, patriot act 2 ... so don't say anymore that you are "the land of freedom" please !!!
but i agree with your ppoint of having someone to hate.
Could you tell us how do ppl think in the US about all that **** going on in irak ?
btw i've got nothing against you mate as you seem to be interested by the rest of the world (on the contrary to many of your compatriots). i think you could put nz aus or wales on a map ... A lot of ppl in america could not even situate irak on a map (a lot of them put it in africa) !!!
[/b]
Well, I am interested in the rest of the world. I've lived and worked in Europe, married into a family from there as well, and hope to move there to raise a family (as opposed to doing it here).
Uhm...America is a really divided place...so much so, it's to our own detriment (sp). Like the Patriot Act for example. The Extreme Right Wing Conservatives have manipulated the religious groups of the country in believing that everything is done out of Christian, Moral Principles. I, myself, am a religious person, but do not subscribe to the idea that God wanted any of this. Interestingly enough for the first time since the Bush elections a Christian Minister called Jim Wallace who is addressing this issue. It's a book worth checking out:
godspolitics_large.jpg

On the other extreme we have all the "rights" groups. The minorities, the gays, the pro-choice, the pro-immigration, ect... Because there are so many factions that make up the left, they haven't been able in the last two major Presidential elections get together like the right-wing has. So a lot of things are slipping through because we don't have a real system of checks and balances any more (or we do and they are just being ignored).
Anyway, that paints the picture. The majority of people here are very ignorant and believe whatever they see in the media (hence Greendays' "American Idiot"). We have Fox News for the conservative and CNN for the liberal. They both equally put so much spin on a situation that no one really knows the truth. Plus Americans are only interested in America, not the outside world, unless it negatively affects them. Everyone is overly patriotic (These colors don't run, ect..) to a point where they believe we are invincible and superior. We're constantly told that we should be spreading freedom and liberty whilst our own freedoms and liberties are being stolen in the name of "National Defense" or "Homeland Security".
Family values are thrown out the window, for the sake of capitolism. Most people work over 45 hrs. a week and only get one to two weeks vacation a year. Also, most families have two parents working (some both working more than one job). The children in America are raising themselves and I think we all see the results of that on the news (I think we've had 4-5 school shootings in the last month and a half). For some reason the rednecks think that you need automatic assault riffels to go deer hunting.
As far as Iraq, Iran, North Korea...people just know they talk funny and aren't as "free" as we are.

mtae i'm hallucinating !!!
i've never ever heared any american speaking like this and being so lucid on his country's situation ... i'm not here to give you lessons (even if you might think so) as its very crap inside my country (but not as much as yours i bet). the problem of USA is that they belong to an anglo saxon ppl (well originally). these ppl are very easy to govern (its rarely the mess with strikes and so on) but very controllable whereas in france, italy or spain its latin ppl who are no easily controlable but its often the mess (see the power of police in italy, near zero, or the mess due to strikes in france). it means you can make everyone think they are the best with the only tv in the US... and think the rest of the world is ****. your country is a pseudo democracy using dissimulated nazi methods of population control. they are trying to do so in france but as we are f****** never-happy-ppl its a bit harder for them. but they are about to suceed and it makes me throw up !!! when you have to vote for only two ppl i can't call that democracy. there is no way for f****** off the candidates if nobody likes them ... its like if you had to choose between the left or right punch when a guy wants to punch you ... you cannot guard ...
for me bush is more dangerous than the presidents of north korea, iran and bin laden all together as he is more intolerent than everybody else. but as you live in a "free country" you can't say whatever you want !!! AMERICA THE LAND OF FREEDOM, THE HOME OF THE BRAVES !!! f*** it, it has been now 60 years since they haven't been brave. 'cause we can say what we want... your grand parents freed us ... but since then ??????????? Anyway the feeling on americans is goig bader and bader here ...

Unfortunately for you citizens of France, your image is getting worse and worse over here. I about lost it a few years ago when people had the audacity to call French Fries (Pomme Frites, which are actually f___ing Belgian) "Freedom Fries." My boss (a wine lover) decided to boycott French wines. That was all over not supporting us in a freaking war (which we probably would have had support on if we'd only waited a few month longer). Then the info about taking money from Sadamm came out about some of your MP's or whatever. Now I get emails about how the french are anti-semites and are trying to kick "God's People" out.

Personally, I love Paris (I haven't traveled much else of France as my inlaws currently reside in Bruxelle). I have no problems with the French (because people and government are two different things), and I support Stade Francais (yes, the pink wearing, flower embracing, nude posing rugby team).

Oppose America and get ready for a smear campaign. That's an absolute.

The Latin vs. Anglo thing is an interesting view. Origionally (going back to the Roman Empire) it was opposite of that: the Anglo's, Cetls, Gauls, ect... were harder to manage, from a governmental standpoint. But I do see how the idea has reversed. Co-ersion (sp) by the media and the governments control of ideas has really messed a lot of Western Society up. Also, yes, only being able to decide who will rule your country from two individuals isn't really democracy. Last election here was Bush v. Kerry...neither of which would were good...it was a vote of the lesser of two evils. Domestically, I agreed more with Bush than Kerry. Internationally, it was the opposite. I made my choice and have to live with that (as does everyone else).

It's a crazy world we're living in my friend. I don't, however, think that Bush is crazier than Kim Jong Il. Bush can still be shut down by the people (ie congress and the senate), unfortunately, the people in those offices all support him, because the people all support them. So, the majority of America still supports what we do. Whereas with our nutter North Korean friend, he is a true absolute dictator and will do anything to suit his fancy.

i've got one only thing to reply to this : O'Rothlain for president of USA !!!!!!!!! you are the only one good enough for that :)

btw you should go to the rest of france ... the wc is an excelent reason i think ...
we had a bad rep in the states 'cause we were "the leaders" of the "anti irak war coalition" ... but it didn't prevent us from living our lives ... on the contrary, the anti american feeling in france has grown a lot. i'm personally of those (but more anti american foreign politic). nothing against u mate !!!
and what is this **** on anti semitism ???? a **** propaganda text probably. who does give money to isreal for its war against palestinian ? -> american jews&christians my friend so ... something to make them think france is a sort of ennemy !!! pffff a f****** huge pile of crap i say
for bush & kim jong hummm ... bush succeded in bringing over 100 000 guys to irak. i'm not sure "our nutter korean friend" could do so ... who would prevent bush from sending his boys to another so called "terrorist country" ????? so i'm not sure about who's the threat ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2892125.stm
Articles like the above are being circulated, along with the stories of Temples being burned, ect...
Then there was the French Ambassador to the UK who called Israel "that shitty little country" a few years back. It's a lot of thing strewn together, but the over-all picture people are having to paint isn't difficult. I assume this picture could be painted of a lot of places, it just happens that there is motivation to display france in a negative view.

Very interesting...particularly when you consider that France is being
considered as one of the international "peace keepers" to be situated on the

Lebanon/Israel border. This anti-Jewish thought process makes you wonder
just how much of a peace keeper they will be, if put on that strategic
border, especially when they have failed to protect the Jews of France from
anti-Jewish persecution and hate crimes at the hands of others. Also,
considering the fact that France has one of the highest Muslim populations
in Europe, things could get pretty dicey. Wouldn't it be a tragedy for
Israel to deliver herself of the terrorist Hezbollah only to have to rid
herself of others who hate her as much![/b]
That was taken from an email I personally recieved. The idea is France is biased against Israel internationally because it does not support the Jews domestically.
Anyway, enough of that...hopefully just propaganda. There's a big difference between not supporting war, and hating a people group.

I'd love to visit the rest of France. I will, in time. I'd love to be able to be there for the RWC!!! I don't see that happening, but I'll dream.

It's the lack of worldview (or the negative worldview held) here that bugs me. When Rome could only see Rome and not the rest of the world, they began to crumble...no Empire should be so large that you can't see past yourself.

France is very Anti-Jew

Originally posted by Stupid Frog
i've got one only thing to reply to this : O'Rothlain for president of USA !!!!!!!!! you are the only one good enough for that

btw you should go to the rest of france ... the wc is an excelent reason i think ...
we had a bad rep in the states 'cause we were "the leaders" of the "anti irak war coalition" ... but it didn't prevent us from living our lives ... on the contrary, the anti american feeling in france has grown a lot. i'm personally of those (but more anti american foreign politic). nothing against u mate !!!
and what is this **** on anti semitism ???? a **** propaganda text probably. who does give money to isreal for its war against palestinian ? -> american jews&christians my friend so ... something to make them think france is a sort of ennemy !!! pffff a f****** huge pile of crap i say
for bush & kim jong hummm ... bush succeded in bringing over 100 000 guys to irak. i'm not sure "our nutter korean friend" could do so ... who would prevent bush from sending his boys to another so called "terrorist country" ????? so i'm not sure about who's the threat ...

Here's a hint, Learn to spell at least 5% of your words correctly (for example "Irak" is "Iraq") and secondly, please stop being the liberal mouthpiece you and the rest of your countrymen are and actually bother to learn what is actually going on. Why do you hate America? Is it because they wouldn't let you remove the sanctions against Saddam so he could rebuild his military why his people starved? Is it because they actually managed to defeat the Vietminh on the battlefield? Is it because they saved you in World War 2? Is it because they back Israel who want to just co-exist against radical extremists who wish to commit genocide? Is it because France so much wanted to be a superpower like them, but couldn't manage it?

Tards like you make me hate France and mainland Europe.

France is very Anti-Jew

Originally posted by Stupid Frog
i've got one only thing to reply to this : O'Rothlain for president of USA !!!!!!!!! you are the only one good enough for that

Here's a hint, Learn to spell at least 5% of your words correctly (for example "Irak" is "Iraq") and secondly, please stop being the liberal mouthpiece you and the rest of your countrymen are and actually bother to learn what is actually going on. Why do you hate America? Is it because they wouldn't let you remove the sanctions against Saddam so he could rebuild his military why his people starved? Is it because they actually managed to defeat the Vietminh on the battlefield? Is it because they saved you in World War 2? Is it because they back Israel who want to just co-exist against radical extremists who wish to commit genocide? Is it because France so much wanted to be a superpower like them, but couldn't manage it?

Tards like you make me hate France and mainland Europe.
[/b]

what the f*** are you talking about ?
1) sorry for my faults but english it's not supposed to be my mother tongue. in french it is spelled irak, putting a "k" instead of a "q" is not dramatical ... and if you can speak in a world understandable language like me (spanish or french) then you could give ppl lessons on spelling ! its easy for you to say that but i could wright the same text in spanish if you want so don't try to give lessons to ppl !
2) what is all this **** about ? we don't like america because they want to control the world by imposing their will (with the strengh if needed). if you resist to them they'll try everything to make the other think you are the world's enemy (and aparently it succeeded with you Ripper). I don't think america involved themselves in the WW2 only 'cause of freedom ... they were frightened by the fact hitler could control the whole europ (wich is totally understandable), and even if the soldiers who came to die on our beaches came for the freedom of our countries. I'll always thanks them for that but I can't do it with their governments.
3) Do you know History ????? America lost against the Viet Cong and never fought against viet minh (who were the ennemies of france during the indochina war that took place several years before the viet nam war).
Do you know the israel state was founded in 1948 by UK to give the jews a homeland after the holocaust ??? thats why the palestinian are fighting. what would you do if a band of ******** came and give your land to another ppl you hate (imagine that nz is given to france) wouldn't you fight to get your country back ? so don't blame the palestinian.
4) i hate my country's government for their inside politic but i like their foreign one. it seems you didn't notice we were opposed to the iraQ war 'cause of the false reasons they wanted the war (and collin powell recognized it himself that there was no WMD in iraQ ! i f****** hate sadam as much as you so why do you write those **** on us wanting saddam to come back or i don't know what !!! are you sick, dumb or silly ? and i don't have a f****** care of being a superpower !
5) i was talking to an american who agreed what i was saying so ... take care of your own ass before saying so many **** please

"...Is it because they saved you in World War 2?..." Ripper.

I would hardly say that the USA saved France during WW2. Actually Great Britain and Russia have bigger claims than the USA. It was only when the USA realised that a Germany-controlled Europe was a big threat to them that they decided that they should join in - just a couple of years late.

At the time that German tanks rolled into France no nation on earth could have stopped them. If Britain wasn't an island the Germans would have staged a pretty good invasion there as well. The Allies (sans USA) and the Germans pretty much fought themselves to a standstill and it was the Germans decision to invade Russia that doomed them. The USA just decided that then would be a good chance to join in.

It would be like two guys fighting and then a third jumps in and KO's one of the guys with a punch from the side and then claiming that they had won the fight.

It ****** me off when (mainly Americans) try and argue that they were solely responsible for winning WW2 and without them Brits would be talking German and Aussies and Kiwis would be talking Japanese. It just shows them up for how little of the outside world that they actually know.

"...Is it because they saved you in World War 2?..." Ripper.

I would hardly say that the USA saved France during WW2. Actually Great Britain and Russia have bigger claims than the USA. It was only when the USA realised that a Germany-controlled Europe was a big threat to them that they decided that they should join in - just a couple of years late.

At the time that German tanks rolled into France no nation on earth could have stopped them. If Britain wasn't an island the Germans would have staged a pretty good invasion there as well. The Allies (sans USA) and the Germans pretty much fought themselves to a standstill and it was the Germans decision to invade Russia that doomed them. The USA just decided that then would be a good chance to join in.

It would be like two guys fighting and then a third jumps in and KO's one of the guys with a punch from the side and then claiming that they had won the fight.

It ****** me off when (mainly Americans) try and argue that they were solely responsible for winning WW2 and without them Brits would be talking German and Aussies and Kiwis would be talking Japanese. It just shows them up for how little of the outside world that they actually know.
[/b]

thanks mate it seems you are defenetly not american as you know what is happening in the world. but at least we could thank the soldiers that died for us all. not their governments only interested in their own asses (probably less than the other for the brits) but complitely for us and ussr

1) sorry for my faults but english it's not supposed to be my mother tongue. in french it is spelled irak, putting a "k" instead of a "q" is not dramatical ... and if you can speak in a world understandable language like me (spanish or french) then you could give ppl lessons on spelling ! its easy for you to say that but i could wright the same text in spanish if you want so don't try to give lessons to ppl ! [/b]
Whatever Frenchie

2) what is all this **** about ? we don't like america because they want to control the world by imposing their will (with the strengh if needed). if you resist to them they'll try everything to make the other think you are the world's enemy (and aparently it succeeded with you Ripper). I don't think america involved themselves in the WW2 only 'cause of freedom ... they were frightened by the fact hitler could control the whole europ (wich is totally understandable), and even if the soldiers who came to die on our beaches came for the freedom of our countries. I'll always thanks them for that but I can't do it with their governments.[/b]

The only reason America involved themselves in WW2 was because in Pearl Harbour, they seemed happy enough to sit there and see France rolled in a couple of weeks.. it wasn't until December 1941 when Hitler preety much had everything but Europe that they actually started fighting rather than just sending arms and supplies. Although i've seen a bunch of theroies that it was all a big plot

And how are they trying to impose their will... I don't see them blowing up Greenpeace ships in Auckland Harbour like a certain other European Government just because they disagree with them. All they've done is take out a person who has killed thousands upon thousands of his own people while he used the oil to build statues of himself and try to rebuild his military and actually not bother to roll over like a dog like Clinton did.

3) Do you know History ????? America lost against the Viet Cong and never fought against viet minh (who were the ennemies of france during the indochina war that took place several years before the viet nam war). [/b]

Meh, always get them confused... and America weren't defeated on the battlefield... they were defeated by the News media who got it into their head (after Tet - which was a success for the Americans - they drove out the Vietcong and regained virtually everything they lost) that they were losing the war, when they were inflicting crazy casualties like 18 Gooks for every 1 American. The French on the other hand tried to trick the Vietnamese by putting 10,000 troops in a camp and sat there and waited to be tunneled into and pounded with guns.

Originally posted by Frenchie+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frenchie)</div>
Do you know the israel state was founded in 1948 by UK to give the jews a homeland after the holocaust ??? thats why the palestinian are fighting. what would you do if a band of ******** came and give your land to another ppl you hate (imagine that nz is given to france) wouldn't you fight to get your country back ? so don't blame the palestinian.[/b]

For a start, France and New Zealand have nothing in common, except a small town near Christchurch, while where current Israel is is preety much the same land where the Jews lived thousands of years ago, and it's not like they packed up and moved, than 2000 years later came back and demanded to have their country back, they had been slowly immigrating back to Israel for Hundreds of Years.

And maybe if they stopped worrying about Genocide, the Palestinians wouldn't be in the **** as much as they are.

Originally posted by Interweb Link@
According to World Bank figures, Palestinian per capita gross domestic product, a basic measure of economic output, has plummeted from $1,493 in 1999, before the intifada broke out, to an estimated $904 this year. The poverty rate has soared from 20 percent in 1999 to 54 percent. Unemployment is approximately 28 percent.

and some more interesting facts

<!--QuoteBegin-Another Interweb Link

The first 20 years of occupation have brought about a pronounced improvement in the standard of living of the Palestinians. Private consumption per capita rose during 1969-1986 at an overall rate of 5% per annum. 69 This is evidenced by economic indicators, such as increase and improvement of quality of the food consumed; housing conditions; ownership of private cars, refrigerators, television sets, cooking appliances, sewing machines, etc. 70 According to the World Bank Report, 95% of the Households in Gaza had running water and 100% had electricity (compared with 3 percent for water and 14% for electricity in 1974). This does not relate to the disadvantaged refugee camps. However, the quality of water in Gaza is far from satisfactory and electric shortcuts occur all too often. In the West Bank 79% of the households have running water and 75% - electricity, compared with 24% with water and 46% with electricity in 1974. 71

4) i hate my country's government for their inside politic but i like their foreign one. it seems you didn't notice we were opposed to the iraQ war 'cause of the false reasons they wanted the war (and collin powell recognized it himself that there was no WMD in iraQ ! i f****** hate sadam as much as you so why do you write those **** on us wanting saddam to come back or i don't know what !!! are you sick, dumb or silly ? and i don't have a f****** care of being a superpower ![/b]

Because in the 90's it was the French who led the charge to get rid of the sanctions put on Saddam... and it was Charles De Gaulles life dream that France would be the 3rd Superpower along with the Americans and Soviet Union during the Cold War.

5) i was talking to an american who agreed what i was saying so ... take care of your own ass before saying so many **** please[/b]

And? I can go find many Americans who disagree with you... you do know that America has a population of 300 Million?

It ****** me off when (mainly Americans) try and argue that they were solely responsible for winning WW2 and without them Brits would be talking German and Aussies and Kiwis would be talking Japanese. It just shows them up for how little of the outside world that they actually know.[/b]

True, although I don't see how they aren't virtually responsiable for the Japanese, Australia helped out along with others, but the bulk of the fighting in the pacific was funded by America and fought by Americans. Europe the Russians played a major part, if Hitler hadn't invaded Russia than D-Day would've been a hell of lot harder to pull off. Than again, you could say Mussolini won the war for the Allies, it was his failed invasions of Balkan and North Africa which forced Hitler to delay Russia and send some of his best troops to finish off the Italians job.

Either way, I just don't like the French... and that comment usually ****** them off.

i agree with a lot of what ripper said

the americans won the war in the pacific, while they euro allies worked it in central europe.. and then the usa gave the extra push to help secure the win for the allies..

the american who agreed with you ***us was probably a left wing cook who thinks that hillary clinton is the second coming of God..

Latest posts