• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northampton

A

allblacksfreak

Northampton's relegated... ouff.. what a disaster.. what you guys think though? I mean we do have quite a number of saints in our midst, will you still be faithful to your club? or will you not attend the games? will you guys be able to conquer national league one????

Still gonna by a season ticket. The big name players will stay. It'll be another tour like 95-96. We'll be back in the GP for 08-09.

Keep up!

Purposefully trying to stir things up, methinks.
Don't bother goading people, it's not like they are the Chealsea of rugby and are just hopping on the successful bandwagon. They have been successful but not recently (barr heinenken) - so there's no reason to assume these fans won't be faithful.

Northampton's relegated... ouff.. what a disaster.. what you guys think though? I mean we do have quite a number of saints in our midst, will you still be faithful to your club? or will you not attend the games? will you guys be able to conquer national league one????
[/b]

You're an idiot.

The fact that you've clearly never ventured into this dark corner of the forum becomes quickly obvious.

We've all discussed the relegation in other threads, but you must have missed those in your rush to stick the boot into a team you know f*** all about.

This isn't some Super 14 franchise, it's a club with a hell of a lot of history and a loyal fanbase. We don't just run off and support some other team when ours isn't doing so well. Once any of your teams play in a league where relegation is even a prospect, then come back and discuss how it feels and what the implications are.

In terms of "fair weather fans" haven't saints had decent gates despite not winning at home untill final day?

Most games are sell outs, although the glory hunters won't bother next season so I can see it going down to around 8,000 for each game.

I will be there next season, still renewing my season ticket.
Most of us will stay. There are a few glory hunters but they can sod off to Tigers if that makes them happy!

I mean, we get the second biggest crwod and we are by no means the second most successful team.... so that's a success in itself.

SAINTS TIL I DIE.
We are coming straight back up.

Saints have very few fairweather fans as far as I can see. Those who are fans are dedicated as far as I've seen. I may be wrong but the support does seem to be almost exclusively hardcore.

Saints aren't exactly some glamourous team who people can ride the success of.

We're the rugby equivilant of heroin - hell of a lot of ups and downs, but once you're hooked it's nigh on impossible to lose the hunger.

So, all the big name guys are staying? Your Carlos Spencers? <----haha!
If so, that's great! I admire that.

So, all the big name guys are staying? Your Carlos Spencers? <----haha!
If so, that's great! I admire that.
[/b]

I will be there next season and we will be back up for certain

I for one can't see the problem we will be playing new teams, going to proper rugby grounds, win more games and won't have to endure 'Glaaaaaaawwster Glaaaaaaawwster Glaaaaaaawwster' or Ogi ogi ogi...' for a season. but i will mis europe...

I for one can't see the problem we will be playing new teams, going to proper rugby grounds, win more games and won't have to endure 'Glaaaaaaawwster Glaaaaaaawwster Glaaaaaaawwster' or Ogi ogi ogi...' for a season. but i will mis europe... [/b]

Hate to do this to you, but most of the ND1 sides use an "Oggi-Oggi-Oggi" chant in one form or another.

looks like saint fans are like leeds fans! The club has so much money i'm sure it'll buy its way back into the GP - now that's politics.

looks like saint fans are like leeds fans![/b]

Don't make me ban you!

But, I don't know where you get this "buy their way back into the premiership" from, they'll get promoted this year because they'll keep the Premiership standard squad and will be going against ND1 standard opposition. Hardly 'buying' their way back in when they'll have a team stronger then the opposition like say Chelsea have done in the football as that implies.

i meant leeds football fans! As in the most faithful in the wolrd. And Northampton need some more homegrown talent. I'm just generally sick of seeing these damn imports. Northampton do really epitomise it.
they'll still be paying these higher standard players and it seems unfair that the ND1 teams just can't compete - how will they ever get promoted? There should be a salary cap.

Latest posts