• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Not Long To Go...

Well, I personally am looking forward to the release of the Xbox 360 as the online abilities sound pretty damn sweet. I read somewhere that you can play Xbox Live with current Xbox's as well. If so, then I look forward to thrashing my brother at Halo 2 every now and then. (does this mean you can system link as well?)

Also, by the time the 360 get's released down here, there may be some half-decent games out as well.
At this stage I am picking the 360 over the PS3 as it seems to have more longevity factor imo, what with Xbox Live etc.

Ultimately I want all three consoles, however.

Gamespot just review the Newest Nxt gen game Madden NFL. And it doesnt sound good at all. It look nice, but what would you expect, ofcourse it would but apparently its missing lots of the best features from the older games and just isnt that nice to play. I think this isnt a good trend to get into.

I think, from what ive seen, the games have been rushed and put together just well enough to satisfy people on release. Maybe due to Microsofts push to release early or just EA's lazy , gamers come second attitude, that this has happened but it surely doesnt make me wana go out and spend my $$ on a 360. Ill settle for my ps2 and RC2006 for now and see what PS3 has to offer.

The next gen EA games are purely to show off the visuals (I know that all the features were dropped for NFL). By the time the 07 games come out, it'll be business as usual.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Nov 21 2005, 01:48 PM
RELEASE GAMES ARE ALWAYS ****, KNOBHEAD.
You were owned and you can't accept it. Here's a nice 5% warning for abusing staff.
<

I'll probably be getting both eventually, but first and foremost I'm going to get the PS3. Reason being is that, 1. while it will be close, I believe that the PS3 will be the more powerful system, the fact that it will have an Nvidia designed GPU also helps, as I personally much prefer Nvidia to ATI (who are doing the 360), and also the PS3 will utilize blue ray, so will have more room for expansion and improvement later on. 2. I generally have always preffered PS2 games to XBOX games becuase they tend to come in a wider range... There were no games on XBOX that I really ever felt were definitively XBOX or stand out, most of the games I liked were FPS's and were heavily inferior to all the big ***les on PC.

I'll be picking up the Revolution because it gives us something new. Console gaming really hasn't changed an awful lot since 1996 and it's really time that it did. PS1.3 and Xbox v1.1 (whoops, PS3 and Xbox 360): Better graphics? Wow. Nothing a PC won't be able to do in 12-18 months time. I'm not saying they'll be bad consoles, I'm just saying that someone needs to do something different for a change.

what do you mean 12-18 months time? pcs can pretty much do it now if you really want to fork out for it, and its not that expensive either. nowhere near as expensive as one of these. sure the graphics cards they get are purly for games, and made to optimise such games, but the pc would be able to handle them no problem if you have the right specs

Speaking of which, I need to start thinking about uprading my computer sometime soon...

Quake 4 looks badass.

Also, I am really looking forward to the Revolution, but it's really going to be more of a backup to my 360 or PS3.
Although it's the most innovative, sometimes you need the gruntiness, and the online capabilities and the fact that theres millions of people around the world that can play it with you.

Revolution will be a secondary that you can have a blast with some mates. Nintendo have already tried downplaying their role in this race.

Yeah ps2 does have a much wider range to offer to gamers but to be fair the ps2 is exactly the 2nd playstation so in this current gen it had all the backround for a wide range. This is manly because they had the whole market at there knees. They had the asian market and the american and european markets aswell. This ofcourse made it easy for the PS2 to get games of all different types around the world e.g. Rugby games and final fantisy. XBOX mainly stuck to what americans enjoy, for what i could see anyway, e.g. first person shooters

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Nov 22 2005, 01:29 AM
I'll be picking up the Revolution because it gives us something new. Console gaming really hasn't changed an awful lot since 1996 and it's really time that it did. PS1.3 and Xbox v1.1 (whoops, PS3 and Xbox 360): Better graphics? Wow. Nothing a PC won't be able to do in 12-18 months time. I'm not saying they'll be bad consoles, I'm just saying that someone needs to do something different for a change.
Nintendo certainly will be the most "revolutionary" and I generally like their systems, but I'm yet to decide if their latest move will be a master stroke or a disaster...

Same here, but kudos to them for actually trying something new. Good on them for being one of the last truly innovative companies in modern gaming.

Well I'm still undecided between two.

Personally I rule the "Revolution" out simply because of its games. I'm just not into them.

XBox 360 is priced at NZ$720 with all the stuff you need to get it up and running, release date 2/3/05. Wireless controllers and battery packs are bloody expensive though, if I do go with the XBox 360 my mates will be playing with the wired ones.

I like the whole media experience that you can get out of the XBox 360 and I also think it has a better controller.

PS3 on the other hand isn't coming out for a while, and may not be that bigger leap except for the better graphics/load times.

I dunno. I think I'll still wait for prices to drop for both then try and decide.

JJ, is that the standard pack with a wired controller? Apparantly the value pack or whatever isn't much more expensive.

Personally, I'm sort of glad we are forced wait until next year, as I would probably have a 360 by next week otherwise. It's good that it's delayed as we get to wait for more info of the PS3, as there are a lot of lies going round (in both circles).

2nd actually.
<

Gamestation and GAME have it down for a 2nd release, but in stores on the 1st.

Originally posted by JJ-@Nov 23 2005, 06:09 PM
Well I'm still undecided between two.

Personally I rule the "Revolution" out simply because of its games. I'm just not into them.

XBox 360 is priced at NZ$720 with all the stuff you need to get it up and running, release date 2/3/05. Wireless controllers and battery packs are bloody expensive though, if I do go with the XBox 360 my mates will be playing with the wired ones.

I like the whole media experience that you can get out of the XBox 360 and I also think it has a better controller.

PS3 on the other hand isn't coming out for a while, and may not be that bigger leap except for the better graphics/load times.

I dunno. I think I'll still wait for prices to drop for both then try and decide.
720 nz! Bugger that. Plus buying games at 100 each...

PC is good enough atm.

yeah pc for me atm

may have a look when the ps3 comes out compare them and the games and make an informed decision then.

also may be alot cheaper than that. 720 is a tad expensive, hell my xbox cost me 280 o_O brank new.

but all you people who have a 360 tell us about it
<
if you have it that is

From what I've seen of a limited number of games (NFS: Most Wanted, NBA Live 06) the 360 appears to be slightly disappointing. The graphics arn't even that amazing compared to the current range of consoles, not like the jump from Playstation to Playstation 2 anyway. Only early days yet though.

P.S. How long 'till we see Halo 3?

They will wheel their one trick out asap, don't worry yourself about that!

I've just seen Perfect Dark 0 in action, looks pretty damn good. They may be a two trick pony from now on.

Latest posts