• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nottingham to leave Meadow Lane (sort of)

SelimNiai

'Ark at ee mun!
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Bristol
http://www.englandrugby.com/news/nottingham-rugby-confirm-move-lady-bay-sports-ground/

Nottingham Rugby and Notts County have today jointly announced that from Sunday 18th January 2015 the rugby club will be playing its rugby matches at Lady Bay Sports Ground, in West Bridgford.

The clubs have agreed heads of terms for a new eight year agreement that will also ensure that, should Nottingham Rugby gain promotion to the Premiership, then the club will return to Meadow Lane to fulfil its fixtures. The new agreement is effective until the end of the 2022/2023 season.

Good move.

Own their own ground with an appropriate capacity, but still able to gain promotion should they be in that position.

True rats but Lady bay is/was nothing short of a training ground with a nice club house for Clubs like Boots who used to play there but not really where a championship club be aiming for. That said it wasnt much fun watching a once great club playing at an empty meadow lane either.

I used to play for Nottingham Boots Corsairs. I've scored a try on the first team pitch. It's weird to think Lions such as Ryan Jones and Ian Evans could be playing there.

True rats but Lady bay is/was nothing short of a training ground with a nice club house for Clubs like Boots who used to play there but not really where a championship club be aiming for. That said it wasnt much fun watching a once great club playing at an empty meadow lane either.

Sorry for the bump, I don't visit too often. Not sure I follow the comment about it not being where a Championship club should be aiming for. Outside of Bristol and Worcester, budgets are tight and ambition is limited. The unfortunate result is that capital expenditure is limited, a large proportion of budgets go towards sustaining a Championship standard squad.

Latest posts