• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] England vs. Fiji (19/11/2016)

Some players need to be dropped.

Please loose Harrison. Over rated for Saints as well.

Roko really should have given that rather than go himself, good work leading up to it but you cannot butcher tries by being selfish like that.

Goode flops over the line so will now be spaffed over by the media (regular and social) for years.

Some players need to be dropped.

Please loose Harrison. Over rated for Saints as well.

I thought he has played well today. Did a load of work but not physical enough for England yet.

As for us he's been amazing when he's played at the saints. Not sure why you'd think otherwise

Nathan Hughes giving a penalty at the breakdown, there's a surpise... He really doesn't understand the laws at all.

Cant see roko getting another cap after today... Jones obviously not the biggest fan and been pretty bad overall today. Who would you want as your back three going forward then? it would be cool to see something like watson as fullback and daly and may on the wings imo.

Some slick hands on show, at times, out there.

Goode loves doing that long jump when he's running - only issue is the defence know he doesn't have an explosive step so it doesn't really fool anyone.

2 Fijians took out 2 England guards creating that massive gap they just ran through... We cannot keep giving away such easy penalties in our own half though, it's what has allowed Fiji to compete.

Interesting to note that Twickham no longer plays music when a try is scored, I'm kinda glad they've stopped.

HAHAHAHA you English fans are funny. You guys thrashed us and you're still not happy.

As for Roko, I don't know what else more he could have done. The commentators did seem to be hyping the **** outta him, talking about him every 5 mins, talking about him at half time and awarding him man of the match. But good on him cause he did have a good game. The guy had to make his debut marking Julian Savea, not an easy task at all and today he had to mark Nemani Nadolo. I think its easy any winger would look bad if their 2 caps are marking those two.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA you English fans are funny. You guys thrashed us and you're still not happy.

As for Roko, I don't know what else more he could have done. The commentators did seem to be hyping the **** outta him, talking about him every 5 mins, talking about him at half time and awarding him man of the match. But good on him cause he did have a good game. The guy had to make his debut marking Julian Savea, not an easy task at all and today he had to mark Nemani Nadolo. I think its easy any winger would look bad if their 2 caps are marking those two.

Apart from his attack he played terribly. His positioning, tackling and general play etc was not up to standard for an international winger. He was outplayed by Daly who isn't even a winger but performed like a well rounded winger.

Ford was excellent, ruddy excellent yesterday.

Fully expecting wins in the last 2 games, in fact the interest I've gained over the AIs is our squad depth which is starting to look ominous and that France are starting to look half decent ball in hand.

Apart from his attack he played terribly. His positioning, tackling and general play etc was not up to standard for an international winger. He was outplayed by Daly who isn't even a winger but performed like a well rounded winger.

Sometimes I'm not sure I've watched the same match as other posters.
Literally the only thing that makes me think you might have the right of it, is that Stuart Barnes gave Roko the MotM award.

Last edited:
Sometimes I'm not sure I've watched the same match as other posters.
Literally the only thing that makes me think you might have the right of it, is that Stuart Barnes gave Roko the MotM award.

After about 10 minutes in I just focussed on Harrison and Roko (out of curiosity). Harrison looked under powered but had a good work rate.

Roko seemed lazy, didn't know what he was doing off the ball and constantly in the wrong position. He did loom great going forward but other than that had a terrible day at the office. If Jones gets his positioning improved he will be lethal.

Well our defence needs work, that much is certain. If were to face NZ next week like that we'd get torn a new one. Harrison has to be done now? He's just not powerful enough and made no real impression.

Ford had a great game, real classy stuff. JJ on good form again as was Faz. Daly must have nailed on a shirt with that performance, he was great, even when out of position.

Goode was ok. Threw some decent passes and was alright with ball in hand. Still not enough for test rugby but ok.

Teo made a good impression from the bench and there could be some real potential there. Slades cameo was also pretty good. Lovely hands that led to the late try. Again I think more game time for both would be good to see.

I really don't agree with the Roko comments. He looked lethal every time he had the ball in hand. Finishing was top notch, powerful, fast and good in the air. There was nothin he could have done about the Nadolo try they had the overlap and even if he was face to face with him he would have been steam rollered. Certainly needs some defensive work but arguably the most potent attacking winger England could have. I agree there were a couple of occasions that he could have passed and took it on himself but he was under so much pressure to perform and that was bound to effect his game. He needs Tonge given more game time and space to relax into the role.

What I would have liked to have seen was England focus hard on their defence. We were always going to win the game, what would have been impressive is if we could have let no tries slip through, alas we bled silly points and silly penalties.

I think this game would have informed EJ and will be really interested what next weeks line up looks like.

I really don't agree with these comments about dropping Harrison. He wasn't as physical as Haskell, but his work rate was outstanding. He did slip off some tackles, but none led to anything. It's only his 3rd cap, and each time he's been capped he's been dropped straight afterwards. His confidence must be deteriorating by the game. I say give him a decent run of games and see how he goes. He can't grow into the shirt if he's constantly being torn out of it.

I'll be interested to see who the wingers are next week. Jones has some tough choices. Joseph impressed again at 13, so I can't see Daly moving back there, but after yesterday he has to be in the team. I agree Roko's positioning was pretty awful, but he's just so good in attack. Positioning play can be taught, but the attacking flair that he possesses comes naturally and no other English winger has it. He wasn't also very good on the kick chase. For me, Yarde is out of the equation. Lacklustre in attack and weak in defence. May was impressive vs South Africa and his pace is a real weapon. Plus he's been pretty good in the air too. However I don't think he offers much flair in attack, he's just a straight line runner, and I think Roko is just as capable at that, and he's got many other strings to his bow besides. I'd like to see Daly and Roko remain on the wings next week.

I thought Slade did more than Te'o yesterday, and in less time, plus he covers more positions. I'd like to see him in the 22 shirt rather than Te'o, but I doubt it'll happen.

Sinckler showed why he deserves the bench spot more than Hill. He's so explosive and powerful. However i think once Cole moves on, Hill will be the more reliable starter and he needs to get good game time. ATM if Cole was to get injured, we would be truly f***ed.

Ford was impressive. His talent really shines through in games like yesterday's where it's a lot of open, free flowing play. However, I'm still concerned about his game management in close games. Against South Africa he went missing, and we can't have a fly half that does that. For now he's safe in the 10 shirt, but if he continues to get so flustered in high intensity games, then Faz needs to shift to 10.

The team I'd like to see face Argentina:
1. Mako
2. Hartley
3. Cole
4. Launchbury
5. Lawes
6. Robshaw
7. Harrison (I think his work rate will be crucial against a team as fast flowing as the Argies)
8. Binny
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Daly
12. Farrell
13. Joseph
14. Rokoduguni
15. Brown

16. George
17. Marler
18. Sinckler
19. Attwood/Ewels (Depending on Attwood's availability)
20. Hughes
21. Care
22. Slade
23. May

Latest posts