• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] England vs. South Africa (12/11/2016)

SA actually already have a lot of players out but Etsebeth brings an irreplaceable physical edge SA needed today. There is little doubt his injury was a key point in the match, the penalty count had built against England and their scrum was up the left.

Itoje is good but also a bit overhyped based on club form, Kruis was the better of the two test locks this year.

Lol good trolling.

Now bow down to the god Itoje

I thought Brown was OK - a mix of crap and good.
Certainly wasn't good enough that we shouldn't be actively looking for another fullback though.
He was adequate, which isn't enough at the top level.

You're wrong as well, then.

"My father used to say: "The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."

"My father used to say: "The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."

Your father shouldn't have listened to all the neigh sayers ;)

So AC has the most unenviable record of all SA coaches with more PA than PF

Time for Indaba version 1.2

I was shouting at England to kick the penalty at the end. I had England to win by handicap -18

In all seriousness, the penalty would not have changed the score, but surely to twist the knife in South Africa they should have wanted another 3 on the scoreboard?

I was shouting at England to kick the penalty at the end. I had England to win by handicap -18

In all seriousness, the penalty would not have changed the score, but surely to twist the knife in South Africa they should have wanted another 3 on the scoreboard?

I thought that, would've made it 40 points which sounds a lot better than 37.

Brown's running of the ball was poor.

Not sure how you can really say otherwise.

Yarde, Wood, Hughes and Brown were quite poor. Ford did well but needed someone -anyone - to actually look like they wanted to receive a pass so he kicked a bunch instead. TIme to find a new captain.

God only knows what was happening at the end, albeit it didn't matter.

Brown's running of the ball was poor.

Not sure how you can really say otherwise.

Brown's running of the ball wasn't poor???

Seriously though, he put May in for his try and came into the line well to dribble the ball for Lawes try. His defensive work in the first half stopped Combrink time and again.

While I'm not saying he was brilliant, to say he was poor is wrong, IMO.

Brown's running of the ball wasn't poor???

Seriously though, he put May in for his try and came into the line well to dribble the ball for Lawes try. His defensive work in the first half stopped Combrink time and again.

While I'm not saying he was brilliant, to say he was poor is wrong, IMO.

You're literally the only one who thinks this TBH.

I'm hoping Haley starts v Fiji. (Along with Genge and Sink).

You're literally the only one who thinks this TBH.

I'm hoping Haley starts v Fiji. (Along with Genge and Sink).

I hope Haley starts against Fiji as well. I think Brown is on a downward path now and we need to find someone to take the shirt off him and I like the look of Haley.

Certainly England out classed us but I have to ask, with 5 jumpers to 2 why didn't SA contest in the line outs? Why did we think we would out kick a team that is playing brown and 2 flyhalves? It's naive to blame the lack of Rohan or injuries, we are headless chickens with no plan.

I didn't see the game but it looks from the scoreboard at HT and FT that England bossed the game and they scored plenty of points so congratulations on the win.
Was it an exciting game to watch?
I'm asking because the Jocks vs the Convicts was an excellent game for the neutrals with a cliffhanger finish.

It was decent, fairly comfortable victory.

Worth a watch, but nothing to go out of your way for as a neutral.

I didn't see the game but it looks from the scoreboard at HT and FT that England bossed the game and they scored plenty of points so congratulations on the win.
Was it an exciting game to watch?
I'm asking because the Jocks vs the Convicts was an excellent game for the neutrals with a cliffhanger finish.

I had both games on and the Jocks v the Convicts was the much better game of the two.

Certainly England out classed us but I have to ask, with 5 jumpers to 2 why didn't SA contest in the line outs? Why did we think we would out kick a team that is playing brown and 2 flyhalves? It's naive to blame the lack of Rohan or injuries, we are headless chickens with no plan.

Even a headless chicken runs till it drops. These palooka's are the chicken heads.

Haven't read all the in game comments but having seen the game I'd say England had pretty much total control of that game after the first 15 mins. Misses at least a couple of other try opportunities and could have been a much heavier defeat for the Saffers. Good to see Daly play well, May back to form and a cameo form Teo that was quite solid. Wood seemed fine to me, nothing special but held up just fine and good to know he's there if needed. Laws and Launch were great, especially Launch, and the Ford Faz axis still seems to be working fine. All in all a good day in the office for the boys and solid performance with obvious areas to improve but made SA look distinctly average, which should be sniffed at as a NH side. Let's kick on and dispatch Fiji and the Argies then see if we can fell a much improved Aussie side. Then we will have full on bragging rights. Long way still to go.

Odd game. Still, a decent margin in filthy conditions. Lost what shape it had when all the subs came on.

Billy was, well Billy. Thought May did well given how little rugby he's had. Surely space has to be found for Launch by moving Itoje to the back row when he's fit?

SA are going through a bad patch. Off field stuff needs sorting out, but they'll be back.

Latest posts