• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NRL: Round 1

The Juice

Academy Player
Country Flag
Spain
Club or Nation
St Helens
Well its not long till the season kickoff so thought i would put this up so people can make there prediction or just chat about the start of the season.

11 March 2011 Matches

Brisbane Broncos VS North Queensland Cowboys
Sydney Roosters VS South Sydney Rabbitohs

12 March 2011 Matches
Gold Coast ***ans VS St George Illawarra Dragons
New Zealand Warriors VS Parramatta Eels
Melbourne Storm VS Manly Sea Eagles

13 March 2011 Matches
Canberra Raiders VS Cronulla Sharks
Penrith Panthers VS Newcastle Knights

14 March 2011
Canterbury Bulldogs VS Wests Tigers

I'm mostly looking foward to the Gold Coast vs St George, I'm hoping that Gold Coast will win but not hanging my hat on it. Also will be watching the Sydney Roosters VS South Sydney Rabbitohs, they always seem to have good rivalry games.

Should be all home team wins except for the Dragons and Tigers imo.

Man I can't wait!.

Deciding on my NRL team in this week, cannot decide between Rabbitohs, Roosters or Warriors.

Rabbitohs: They're boss :p
Sam Burgess is an absolute machine, as well - his brother is apparently a beast too

Reckon they could beat Roosters too - Looking forward to seeing Inglis tearing it up for them

Last edited:
Rabbitohs: They're boss :p
Sam Burgess is an absolute machine, as well - his brother is apparently a beast too

Reckon they could beat Roosters too - Looking forward to seeing Inglis tearing it up for them

Thought Inglis was still injured?

I'm looking forward to this season because...

1. We got channel 9 from sydney which means live friday night NRL and whatever else they have rights to.

2. I've got pay tv so almost every match live

3. Melbourne Storm are playing one match in Adelaide and i'm going. :D

4. Der storm are playing for points all season and got there house in order.

I'm fired up GO YOU STORM! :yahoo:

Inglis to make Rabbitohs bow

Rabbitohs Squad

1) Rhys Wesser
2) Nathan Merritt
3) Dylan Farrell
4) Greg Inglis
5) Fetuli Talanoa
6) John Sutton
7) Chris Sandow
8) Luke Stuart
9) Issac Luke
10)Roy Asotasi (c)
11)Sam Burgess
12)David Taylor
13)Ben Lowe

Interchange:

14)Scott Geddes
15)Ben Ross
16)Eddy Pettybourne
17)Shannan McPherson
18)Dave Tyrrell

Bloody hell, SSR getting munched atm

[Edit]
This game:
HomerDrool.png

Only caught the second half of the Broncos game, but that was quality too! Felt for sure they'd sneak it at the end

Last edited:
Deciding on my NRL team in this week, cannot decide between Rabbitohs, Roosters or Warriors.
correct answer would be the Raiders, always written off at the season launches to only surprise a few.
on the rabbitohs/roosters game....Inglis was fat. Roosters miss Carney's creativity.
JT is officially bringin sexy back with his brilliant display against the broncs

John Lang called him 'solid' in a post match conference along with 'lacking urgency', which is sugar coating calling him fat and has lost a lot of speed.

I'm getting hold of a copy of the game as we speak so can see the match, have not seen the score so I'm quite excited.

I need to suscribe to Aussie Sport TV so i can watch this season. Last year Premier Sports were broadcasting NRL games but then they went to a suscription this year and there coverage was fairly bad. Great start to the season for the Roosters however, a win against a local rival is always a good one.

Hopefully Burgess is alright, he looked livid with the icepack on his shoulder

Anyone else catch the second half of the Broncos game? Was quality
Thaiday was quality, and Thurston was kicking beautifully

NZ warriors obviously. Alto the West Tigers and Parramatta are also on my to follow list. Benji and Moimoi.

Kick ass

Latest posts