NRL Trial game Sydney Roosters vs West Tigers 23/02 9:35-11:35

Amobokoboko

Waikato Junglist
Country Flag
Belgium
Club or Nation
Chiefs
Curious to see if the West Tigers can keep their momentum of last week.:D

Rooster are overwhelming the Tigers at this stage. With only 10 minutes to go and a 22 point lead. This game looks already decided.

Man...that was a thoroughly draining performance by the Tigers. It's like they just bent over for the Roosters and said "have your way with me"

The Warriors (and me) will miss Maloney but he'll be enjoyed by the Roosters fans more. Roosters will have a fearsome pack and they were missing SBW as well. Daniel Tupou is a BEAST. He is one large Human.

Although it's early days, the tigers can't rely on their little bag of tricks anymore, Benji is not the Benji of old, Farrah is a supremely better player than he ever was but they seriously need some options and I don't think Tedesco (is old enough) and Moltzen (is talented enough) to do provide it.

It'll be interesting come origin time if Maloney (who's been on the lips of a few NSW supporters) will oust Carney. And Campese is back in the books. And Soward needs a big year as well.

Benji had a calm game as well during the All star game. Maybe he has lost it?

Calm is an understatement. He was practically flaccid that whole match. I think he's actually worn out, there's the personal issues, Media commitment, plus the things going on with his ex-coach in Sheens, his relationship issues with Tigers players (and ex-players) it's all coming to a head.

He excelled at a very young level, was gradually introduced but barring some serious shoulder injuries, he's pretty much played in the thick of it against arguably the toughest physical specimens of either code.

Don't get me wrong, he's NZs most exciting league player in the last 10 years BUT I think it's time he had a break. And the Kiwi's need to develop without him, especially as captain. Apart from Scott Prince, he's never really found a foil to his attacking genius even at Test level. The less Tigers players around him (that are use to his plays) the more he looks human.

True, do you think that with Sheen not longer involved with the Tigers, Marshall might move to another team next season?

True, do you think that with Sheen not longer involved with the Tigers, Marshall might move to another team next season?

Hard to say. I think he needs to refocus, the selections that were made haven't really helped to have developed his game. More than a coach, he needs someone who can allow him to unleash like he did in 05. The fact that he hasn't been able to click with a player as highly rated as Kieran Foran over the matches they've had together is pretty telling as well.

Calm is an understatement. He was practically flaccid that whole match. I think he's actually worn out, there's the personal issues, Media commitment, plus the things going on with his ex-coach in Sheens, his relationship issues with Tigers players (and ex-players) it's all coming to a head.

He excelled at a very young level, was gradually introduced but barring some serious shoulder injuries, he's pretty much played in the thick of it against arguably the toughest physical specimens of either code.

Don't get me wrong, he's NZs most exciting league player in the last 10 years BUT I think it's time he had a break. And the Kiwi's need to develop without him, especially as captain. Apart from Scott Prince, he's never really found a foil to his attacking genius even at Test level. The less Tigers players around him (that are use to his plays) the more he looks human.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/8362518/Benji-Marshall-stripped-of-Kiwis-captaincy

Big things happening, curious to see who's get the honour. Not a big fan of Mannering.

Big things happening, curious to see who's get the honour. Not a big fan of Mannering.

Then you probably shouldn't read this:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/8368580/Simon-Mannering-named-as-new-Kiwis-captain

I'm a fan of Simon Mannering, BUT he's probably the best current candidate at the moment. I wouldn't see Blair, Nightingale or even Jeremy Smith as a viable option. That said, I think it's a push to get Benji back to the top of his game. Simon will captain the ANZAC, Benji will take it back during the WC.

And I'd stake alot on Alex Glenn being tipped for future honours.

Latest posts