• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ 7's squad

N

nik

New Zealand Sevens wider squad for Commonwealth Games: Sosene Anesi (Waikato), Charles Baxter (Bay of Plenty), Josh Blackie (Otago), Edwin Cocker (Otago), Tamati Ellison (Wellington), DJ Forbes (Auckland), Doug Howlett (Auckland), Craig Hudson (North Harbour), Nigel Hunt (Wellington), Tafai Ioasa (Hawke’s Bay), Cory Jane (Wellington), Tanerau Latimer (Bay of Plenty), Zar Lawrence (North Harbour), James Maher (Counties Manukau), Lachie Munro (Auckland), Alfred Pelenise (Canterbury), Lote Raikabula (Wellington), Hayden Reid (Bay of Plenty), Alando Soakai (Otago), Dwayne Sweeney (Waikato), Onosa’i Tololima-Auva’a (Auckland), Amasio Valence (Auckland).

at the moment there are 22 players...as we get closer to the games the squad will be cut down to 12..

NZRFU have allowed 5 S14 players...1 from each franchise..they are:
Doug Howlett
Sosene Anesi
Josh Blackie
Tamati Ellison
Tanerau Latimer

from what i saw in the wellington tournament...the nz team was pretty solid
in the semi-final against fiji i thought they had played well..they had alot of skills but lacked pace and composure at times...and that was evident against fiji

Isnt the commonwealth games on during the super 14?

I wish oz would let our pro players play sevens

it would be good to see ....

giteau
mitchell
rogers
tuqiri
stapleton
rathbone
gerrard
etc..

...playin sevens.......but i dont see it happening.

We've got the same policiy as NZ I think, but it is a max of two from each team.

Originally posted by Jacko@Feb 5 2006, 08:41 PM
We've got the same policiy as NZ I think, but it is a max of two from each team.
Yeah but they aint gonna pick anyone decent.

7's is considered a joke over here

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Feb 5 2006, 10:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The TRUTH!! @ Feb 5 2006, 10:13 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jacko
@Feb 5 2006, 08:41 PM
Yeah but they aint gonna pick anyone decent.

7's is considered a joke over here [/b]
lol, do you know whats a joke, league 7's
<
its like nrl teams vs about 10 internatinal teams. f*** its dumb.

lol so true sambad 5.

aus i heard would have at least 4 super 14 players maybe more

thats a weak ass nz team,im expecting fiji to take it out

william ryder and danivuca are awesome azz..if they had a full strength squad they would surely win this tournament with ease in saying that the comp is pretty even..thats the thing i like about sevens...there are bound to be big upsets in any given match

I think New Zealand is trying to get some flair and speed in the team, Good to see Howlett in the Squad, Looks like hes focusing on speed again.

Dont know though Ryder has killed the last two tournaments. Daunivucu is just as good with abit more Power.

Originally posted by cavan@Feb 6 2006, 02:14 AM
Ryder is good with the ball but on defence he's a turnstile.
A bit like Serevi then ;)

What do you NZ people think of Brent Wilson? He's joined us until the end of the season, with the view of staying longer if he impresses.

He's been part of 7s before.

He played pretty well for North Harbour in the NPC and is not a bad player if he stays, sad for North Harbour.

Latest posts