• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ earthquake

In Wellington there are small earthquakes about 3 times a day, most go unnoticed. NZ is right on the equator. We are inbetween the Indo-Australian and Pacific plate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Aug 17 2009, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In Wellington there are small earthquakes about 3 times a day, most go unnoticed. NZ is right on the equator. We are inbetween the Indo-Australian and Pacific plate.[/b]
We're right on the equator? That's not what I have been taught. Maybe the earthquake actually moved us more then 30cm? Looking out my window right now you really wouldn't think it.

I find it weird that the earthquake was 7.8 yet did about no damage. 7.8's in Pakistan or whatever have caused massive loss of life. It must have been deeper in the ground or something.

Depends where the epicenter is - in Pakistan chances are it's going to be in the middle of some slum full of millions people crammed crappy buildings made out of crappy materials which collapse if a car backfires too close, while in New Zealand there are large chunks of nothingness.

well main is to be safe and OK after disaster happens

so what authorities and scientists say?

is there any threat or Tsunami or something like that?

Earthquakes frequently trigger some huge wave storms in oceania

be cool guyzz, glad to hear you' OK

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Aug 18 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Depends where the epicenter is - in Pakistan chances are it's going to be in the middle of some slum full of millions people crammed crappy buildings made out of crappy materials which collapse if a car backfires too close, while in New Zealand there are large chunks of nothingness.[/b]
Yeah, it hit in Fiordland. Fiordland is the biggest chunk of nothingness in a country with much nothingness. Still, though, the buildings out there hardly recieved any damage.

Latest posts