• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Off Loads !!!!!!!!!!!

If u can offload how? I've had a thought, u know there are different tackles can u only force an offload when u are in a tackle that drives u backwards slowly. I assume this might work cos u could move hands in the time you are tackled. But when u are dumped or spear tackled u wouldn't be able to offload.

Yes i've never actually tried this, but i was just thinking that would be the only really realistic way to make an offload

offloads would be great, you can sort of do them just now but have to get timing exactly right andas your being tackled, not mid tackle. Another good thing which ive always thought would be great in rugby games, (but would probably be real hard to design) would be the quick tap penalty - wee halfback taps and nails it through a completely disorganised defence. like i said though would be tough to make work properly

Originally posted by daveyboy164@Mar 23 2005, 10:52 AM
Another good thing which ive always thought would be great in rugby games, (but would probably be real hard to design) would be the quick tap penalty - wee halfback taps and nails it through a completely disorganised defence. like i said though would be tough to make work properly

They have it in JLR and that is years old

in Lomu the sidestep is great

and offloads are super

EA Rugby depends too much on big animations - Lomu had crap graphics and animations but great gameplay

Indeed tap penalties and quick lineouts have to be put in. No breaks in play. This would speed play up immensely.

Yeah tap kicks to play from base of ruck when under pressure. Maybe they can make set-plays on fly for penalties. Say up for quick tap and down for options menu of scrum, punt or kick for goal.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Mar 23 2005, 10:46 AM
When you time a pass right you will still let the ball go once hit, so i guess this is an offload and works well as you have drawn in a defender, there is no animation for it the ball just flys out.
The 'shake' is all your going to get, sometimes if you hold onto one for ages it looks better, but its hard to time. Dummies work in easy and normal difficulty but not on hard, you just dont have the time to do one, the defence is up so quick that you just have time to pass!! I managed to sell a dummie to the fullback and go all the way on normal mode, but alas, those days are gone, im permanantly on hard mode now, and special moves do work(sidestep etc) just not nearly as often.
I'm not trying to be offensive...just brutally honest. This comment echoes many others and I have to simply say this:

You need to get better at the game or better reflexes. I use dummy a lot on hard (step, fend etc also work but not all the time - however you will require t-i-m-i-n-g ...try practicing on the training level or something) level and I get essentially the entire pass motion (PS2) - left or right, sometimes a few times.....I suggest not always holding pace b/c this makes the defense pace...but either way I dummy preety much whenever I feel like it with first-fives...hell..anyone....the other day I scored a great try with Umaga where I sent the FB drifting to the winger with a couple of massive dummies after already throwing them left and then right twice to bust the gap initially.

Too may people are bagging this game and I have to quite frankly say, although it will be unpopular to do so, that the play of said people is not at a dominant enough level to warrant complaint. If you are not gamers or quick learners if you will, then just practise harder and give the game more time...? I dunno how to help. Try getting a more button-covering, dominant grip on your control pad for access at lightning speed to all controls. Your index and middle finger (rt hand) should be over the R1 and R2 buttons respectively, and your index finger hovering over L1 and L2 (L1 on attack, L2 on defense) with the middle finger (left hand - same hand) locked in behind, left thumb resting on the left analogue stick, with the rt thumb over the x, o buttons etc and rt analogue stick when the mood takes you.

If you can play better - the game will be better. Let this be your incentive.

Also Teh Mite you must qualify this offload comment.....you have not done so and it has been days as I see -that is BS.

Rightfully, no one will believe you until you comeclean with some sort of decent description of how, when etc....

help out your fellow rugby forum members. Off loads will make them game near perfect, so don't be coy, or worse, don't talk BS.

Originally posted by lemon@Mar 22 2005, 04:14 PM
Yeah but look at the leap from 2**4 to 2005. That's a lot to fit into one development cycle - more than likely offloads were WAY down the list and the manual ruck was probably way down the list also (seems they used the same engine as 2004 for rucks). but they stacked a HEAP into this version not the least of which is a bizzillion new animations which is the prettiest part of this game...

What I'm saying is, making a game like this is a mission and getting particular game elements right could take MONTHS, so it's not surprising they focus on the stuff they want to nail first and other things may not meet deadline. Just mean theres a (very) good base to build on for next time (rather than a **** base to build on).

nah-mean?
This is where I beg to differ........

The biggest difference between rugby 2004 and rugby 2005 is in the graphics by far. This is due to using the FIFA engine, rather then anything productive that HB studios has done.

The gameplay is much better in rugby 2005 in comparison to rugby 2004 - HOWEVER the difference in actual gameplay is not as great as some people are saying.

Basically it has been made playable (barely in single player) for a majority of people - whilst rugby 2004 was not.

A lot of crap things remain from rugby 2004, some more crap things have been added to rugby 2005.

I fail to see what HB studios have really done to improve major rugby elements in this game (re: lineouts, scrums, RUCKS, kicking, tackling (apart from increased animations, PENALTIES, basic rules, improving computer AI).

Personally I think EA sports were more on the right track with rugby 2001, and if that style of rugby game had been further developed (another couple of times since the original) we may have a real winner in our hands at the moment.

Yes, rugby 2001 had some massive faults and bugs, but for a game that was rushed from PS1 development to PS2 (virtually at the last moment) it had a hell of a lot to like about it too.

OI TEH MITE!!!!!!!!

EXPlain yourself as per above!!

You can't just make remarks about pop balls like that and then be a coward and not even respond to answer:

a/ why you are lying beeyach

or....

b/ how you have managed to achieve something no one else has - and don't say it's only PC or something or I will hack into your computer and destroy it.

Latest posts