• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Off-Season Journal

Thursday, 29 June
Well, the last of day of waking up early this week! Finally thank god! I decided early on today that i needed a day off, thus substituting my sunday for today. My leg feels alright to begin with.

Well had breakfast, a little cereal then off to driving school for 3 hours of fun! Get back around 12:20, im dead to be honest, so i ate and hit the bed for a solikd 1 to 4 shift! Woke up feeling rejuvinated. Had a baseball game at 6 so i had to start getting ready around 5 to be there at 5:30. Played a solid game tonight, towards the end though my leg was getting sore. Its sore as i type and i hope it doesn't hinder my kicking at all. Well not much to write about today, so i'll leave it at this, and hope my leg gets better quick.

"The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can't do."
-Dennis Waitley

Friday, 30 June
Finally a decent long night of rest! Very very much needed, woke up feeling awake and well. I woke up around 11, and had a bite to eat. Decided i felt the need to go swimming today for some fun, but first i had to cut the grass. Nice little work out in swimming and cutting the grass.

I was pretty tired by the time those two tasks were done, which was roughly 5 pm. I then went out to eat.. mexican pretty good should i say so myself! I still had training to do though, so once i got home i got changed and went downstairs to lift weights.

Good weight session, despite being a bit tired. Felt good afterwards during passing, i recently passed a rugby ball today and believe it or not i noticed a difference in my passing. Looks like the tennis ball training is really doing a good job. I decided i would wear my rugby socks to kick today, helped with my sore left leg, it felt good throughout until i got up to 26 kicks made it started to get a little sore, besides that though i was pleased to see it didnt hurt. Great kicking day nonetheless started off 8 for 8, and probably only missed bout 5 or 6 the whole kicking time. I must say kicking at dusk is really a nice change than in the hot afternoon sun.

Well guys i am completely "knackered" and im just jotting these notes down before i head off to bed.

Tuesday, 4 July
Well, i've had a long time since my last update, sorry about that one. Anyhow the last few days have run down and a few of them were for rest, and yesterday, monday, was weights, passing, and kicking. They all went smoothly.

Today, feels good to finally be back after a good rest. Noticed my lower back has started to act up again though, so thats not really a good thing. Today i was lookin at just some kicking and passing, no cross country today, not really in the mood, have felt tired lately, very unexplained. Anyhow, i figured that these two would be good enough for today.

Passing went well as usual, with the tennis ball training really starting to prove its worth. I was passing with my brother the other day and my weaker left hand was improved by at least a full 10% i'd say. And this is only really the second full week of tennis ball training! So just think.. in a matter of months how much i will improve, exciting thought.. at least to me!

Kicking.. Well the kicking wasnt to bad today, but my god does my back hurt. When i come to follow through it hurts, and theres no way i can generate a good amount of power into my kicks with this pain. Nonetheless i still made a solid 30 kicks, and i think my back pain will go away in a matter of weeks.

So im in an optimistic mood today as you guys can tell, optimistic of the future, and i see the future to be a bright place.

Thursday, 6 July
Well guys sorry, ive been rather sporadic with my updating as of late, i just havent really had to much time! Anyhow i have been feeling rather down the past few days, as i have not been able to pass or kick. Back has been acting up lately, lower back that is, what shame. I feel like i can do it if i want to, but i dont want to risk further injury, but i dont want to lose anything that ive worked for... its such a bad feeling!

Anyhow, today i finished my 6th driving class only 2 more to go! So i had to wake up early this morning 8 a.m. after going to sleep at 2 a.m.... healthy six hours of sleep for me!! I then came home and had a bite to eat, then fell asleep on the sofa for about 45 minutes, which felt very good, especially when i woke up to workout. I went and did just nordic track cross country trainer today, it was a good session, 10 mins. I am still dying at that length!! Great thing is, is that i now have my hottub back up and running in the backyard, and i have it on a very warm temperature. Ive been hitting it once a day now, trying to loosen or help my back heal quick, so i can get back to the passing and kicking that i so dearly miss. I have to admit after two days of hottub i felt my back starting to improve, and today i had a session after the nordic track and around 7 p.m. im hoping that this treatment, plus loads of stretching will help me get my training back on track and quickly.

Its just an overall shitty feeling that i have, knowing i want to train so bad, but if i do will i injure it further, it just sickens me to see these precious days slipping away and me being virtually helpless.

Well, cannot wait until this week is over, hope the back is better, and ill update you guys later.

Saturday, 15 July
Well, i decided i shouldnt update my journal until im ready to get my training back on track. Good thing is, is that my back is at minimal pain, and im looking foreward to going back to my usual training starting monday. I found that doing hottub, stretching, and believe it or not situps has really helped out my lower back. So right now i am in a pretty good mood!

Lucky for you guys i didnt update, you would be bored reading about my days, with nothing but rehabbing pretty much, what fun eh?

Well short update today, and probably the same for tomorrow, but im looking foreward to monday, and getting back down to my routine and feeling good about myself again!

Well basically whats been up is ive been terribly busy

but that doesnt mean im not training ferosciously

basically im not trying out for the USA U17 even though i got the invite

im going to forgoe it and go straight for USA U19 this year

as of right now i can kick equally well with both feet, box kicking 30-35m

and i pass over 150 times a day..

lift and run everyother day (weights one day, run the other)

im doing 2 1/2 miles running at the moment

i havent kicked because it has really started hurting my lower back or so it seems, but i have done some limited kicking and really drained a few..45m...

thats pretty impressive, who knows you could get called up to the USA team :)

looks like they need it, and you could be come our second TRF international :)

DC, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to wish you the best of luck on your road to being an international...go for it pal.

Latest posts