• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas thread

Lol, Vinewood!
<

This game should be pretty damn fun.

But I said it before and I'll say it again, the game would rock if it had dinosaurs.

Seriously, think about it.

Yeah.

Hell yeah.

In one of the new screenshots he's running on a treadmill.

Anyone else think this eating and exercising **** is going to get in the way of killing and mayhem? Last thing I want to think about is what to order on the damn menu. Surely you can just shoot the fastfood worker, grab a milkshake and go talk to the ladies. How you doing, girl? You like my gun? Yeah, I'm tough.

Seriously though, eating and exercising? What the *****?

I must admit that I have had my reservations about that myself. I wonder if there will be an option to turn it on or off, though I think it's a good idea.

What next; being FORCED to read the highway code before driving on the game?

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Aug 4 2004, 08:55 AM
I must admit that I have had my reservations about that myself. I wonder if there will be an option to turn it on or off, though I think it's a good idea.

What next; being FORCED to read the highway code before driving on the game?
Why don't they just call it Sim-Crime-Life?

Todays ruthless killers need a wholesome breakfast to start the day. I always like a good jog round the block, but I found training with Michael Johnson to give me the edge I need when running from cops or rival gang members.

I read somewhere that you don't actually have to eat as often as you think.
Like eat some fatty foods once or twice a day and also as long as you do swimming and ride the bmx a wee bit you don't really need to go to the gym. I think the gym is just to buff you out. It said that each gym has its own focus, like if you go to the one in Las Venturra you can practice your karate and get good at kicking etc. I think it adds a nice element to the game. I especially like it how you can get fat or skinny. Think about it. If the game was just vice city with a graphical facelift and a countryside, people will buy it but it won't have the wow factor.
That was the problem with vice city. It was just gta3 with better graphics and a few more vehicles. There wasn't enough improvements to make you go Oh My God! like gta3 did when you first played it.

yeah i agree plus going on mass killings gets boring after a while

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Aug 4 2004, 08:56 PM
yeah i agree plus going on mass killings gets boring after a while
Go on a mass killing spree, then grab a McDonalds before the cops show!!
<

I would be great if they had the drive through at McDonalds... get u meal, then re-drive through a do a Drive by Shooting!!

New info:

Computer and Video Games link

I hope that works, you may need to register. If not.........

Country life in San Andreas - less milking cows, more running over someone's head in a ride-able lawnmower. From raging forest fires to downhill bike races to garden shovel trade-offs, the outskirts of San Andreas offers almost as much excitement as the polluted, noisy metropolis of its city centres. Here are the latest screens and details regarding GTA: San Andreas' peril-ridden outskirts, with new information on its brand new targeting system.

CAN YOU DIG IT?

While Vice City introduced golf clubs and chainsaws, San Andreas has a few extra items hidden up its sleeve. The garden shovel, for example, not only allows you to dig shallow graves (Rockstar never disclosed whether this allows you to bury folk), but it also enables you to enjoy the satisfying 'klunk' or a shovel connecting with somebody's bonce.

Apparently, each melee weapon - and there are a few other new additions too - features a number of attacks, and as a first, CJ can now both lock onto opponents and block incoming blows. Very handy.

BULLDOZIN' OFF

The bulldozer is one of several new vehicles you can operate. This weighty beast boasts a plough (controllable with the right-analogue stick) that allows you to flip cars, frighten passers-by and destroy vast parts of the scenery. Be warned though - the bulldozer utilises rear-wheel steering (where the front wheels are locked into place), and can be a right git to drive.

FLYIN' HIGH

Thanks to San Andreas' incredibly huge environments, air travel is rising to prominence, with a number of plane varieties to fly. The Dodo has miraculously grown wings, and handles far better as a consequence, while the Crop Duster biplane benefits from improved plane physics, enabling you to perform barrel rolls, loops and hammerheads.

ON YER BIKE

Endure a tiring traipse to the top of Mount Chiliad, and CJ can enter into a perilous downhill mountain bike race all the way back to the bottom. Numerous gears enable riders to travel faster, plus there are a number of obstacles to be avoided/leapt. Be warned though - your fellow competitors are all mischievous foes, and will have no hesitation in knocking you flying - not that similar tactics cannot be employed by your good self, of course.

TWISTED FIRESTARTER

Fires can spread like, well, wildfire, and it's not unknown for one burning car to start off another and another, and before you know it, it's panic time! Although the San Andreas Fire Department is often at hand to solve such burning issues, you can't always count on it. Thankfully, CJ can also fight flames with extinguishers, rescuing damsels in distress as he sprays flames from the bottom upwards.

Seeing that firefighting was listed under 'countryside details', we're guessing that the threat of fires is far more serious in the proximity of surrounding forests.

LAWNMOWER MAN

Not exactly the fastest vehicle around, but if you're desperate, you can always pick up a lift with a riding lawnmower - at least they'll get you over tricky terrain. Plus, we imagine it would make a nasty mess if you run someone down. Ouch!

BIG TRUCK

Short of cash and passing through the rolling hills west of Los Santos? Then get some work with the RU Haul shipping company, where your daily task will involve transporting cargo (some legal, some 'hot') to various destinations in an 18-wheeler truck. This monstrous vehicle promises authentic handling and physics, meaning that it's possible to jack-knife if you lose grip, plus if you crash too much, expect to go up in a ball of flames.

ROAD RASHIN'

For boy racers with a difference, the countryside hosts numerous race events for you to enter. From 4x4 truck jaunts to motocross action, simply take your pick.

GUNS A-GUNG-HO!

San Andreas features an entirely reworked shooting system. While R1 still raises your weapon and Circle fires it, it also gives you a number of targeting options - firstly, it will try to lock on to the nearest aggressor. Failing that, it will select the closest target in front of you within a range of just over 90-degrees. If this still fails, you enter 'free aim' mode, which gives you an over-the-shoulder, behind-character camera and a targeting reticule in the centre of the screen.

Left analogue is then used to move CJ backwards and forwards and strafe left and right, while right analogue operates the camera. L1 now becomes your trigger button. The aim of this targeting mode is to deliver a more classic third-person shooter feel during intense shootouts. However, R2 and L2 can still be used to cycle through locked targets.

WEAPON SKILL

CJ is graded in various categories of weapon use. The more he uses a firearm, the better he becomes with that particular item. The specific areas are: reload time; fire rate (shoot more bullets in less time); accuracy (your reticule becomes larger); weapon stance and movement (each weapon boasts unlockable abilities such as moving whilst firing, faster strafe speed and moving backwards whilst firing); and dual weapons (using two firearms at once).

COUNTRY GUNS

The countryside features one weapon totally exclusive to it - the Desert Eagle, or simply, the DEAGLE. This strapping handgun is extremely powerful, but very difficult to use. In fact, CJ will look like a right muppet when he first tries to squeeze its trigger.

Any news on whether the rumours about hunting/fishing for food in the country are true? THis game sounds so ridiculously obscenely brilliant.

Yeah, i think its true about eating & so on, I streamed gamspot's video preview & mentioned about that!

He also said that if you have put on weight, it would be slightly harder to fly planes, due to your big gut!
<

Goto gym, go cycling, walk more and eat healthily to stay fit and strong, and build fitness. Eat fast food, drive everywhere and become a fat slob.

Originally posted by woodie@Sep 11 2004, 08:15 AM
drive everywhere and become a fat slob.
You mean drive everywhere and become a l33t driver.

...goddamn I hate l33t sp33k

Latest posts