• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official Pro Evolution Soccer 4 Thread

You would have to choose your players wisely. Buy the wrong players and that's a season wasted. I think Konami must work a lot harder on getting licenses and just generally polishing things up. Almost everything else is virtually flawless.

I tend to stiffen up my strikers, attacking mid fielders first - then work my way back from there......seems to work for me.........

You can't win games if you don't score goals, so I invest in two good strikers and a world class goalkeeper usually.

I'm on my third ML now. First one I went on 1* and got through D2 and then gut it up to 3* and established myself in the D1. Won everything for a few years.

Next one I Went on 4* the whole way. Took 4 seasons to make D1. Lost in playoffs twice.

Now I'm doing one where I started on 3*, Im on my 13th season, now on 5* and have pretty much the best squad possible, and about 500000 credit.

Currently I'm using

3-5-2

01 GK Buffon / Yatin

02 RWB Cafu
06 CBT Nesta
03 LWB Carlos

04 DMF Gerrard*
05 CMF Zidane
07 OMF Nedved
23 RMF Beckham/Ronaldinho*
11 LMF Kewell/Duff*/Rivaldo

14 CF Henry
09 CF Owen/Ronaldo/Vieri

*Stats improved

Looking very, very good.

Though we need Sanzar to translate some of the screens.
<

No Online Mode As Yet for Pro Evolution Soccer 4
Posted by M @ 2:26 a.m. NZST

Undoubtedly one of the year's most anticipated sports games, Pro Evolution Soccer 4 is looking increasingly unlikely to incorporate online play.
The Pro Evoluion Soccer series has released on all formats apart from Xbox to date, and it was hoped the series would match Fifa and This is Soccer by going online especially with an Xbox version in the works. But despite the online-friendly console's inclusion for the latest release this Autumn, there still has been no mention of including Xbox Live, PlayStation Net or online PC gameplay.

www.gameplanet.co.nz

Here's another article:

Pro Evolution Soccer 4 - first look

By M (2 July 2004)
It's the greatest football game on the planet. We take a first look at what's new in the latest version in Konami's super series.

FOOTBALL FANS WILL REJOICE this Autumn, as Konami confirms the first details of what will rate as one of the most anticipated games of 2004: Pro Evolution Soccer 4. Due for release on PlayStation 2, PC DVD and for the first time in the series' history, Xbox, Pro Evolution Soccer 4 looks like it will once again set new standards in control, aesthetics and realism.

Developed by the legendary Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka and his team of footballing experts at Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo, Inc. (Konami TYO), Pro Evolution Soccer 4 marks a "quantum leap forward" for both the Pro Evolution franchise and the football genre as a whole. With the series famed for its intuitive controls and the realistic movement of players on and around the ball, Konami TYO has further pushed the envelope with a wealth of new moves and tricks that flow fluidly within the fast-paced action. New free kick and penalty techniques can now be used, while an innovative indirect free kick move has been implemented to add further variety to set pieces.

This level of realism has also been extended to the game's many players. More individuality can now be found in the ways players run, move both on and off the ball, and how they control the ball. Likewise, even more advanced player stats that govern every aspect of their play affect how well players can bring a high or fast ball under control, hit it first time past an encroaching defender, or flick the ball on to a team-mate. As such, the total control that has become synonymous with the series will ensure Pro Evolution Soccer 4 is even closer to the real thing.

A new dribbling system is also available giving more control as players go one-on-one and try to pass opposing players, while crosses and cut-back passes can now be made with more precision. In keeping with this level of detail, player likenesses are also enhanced to match the noticeable individuality of the world's greatest stars. Both international and club players are instantly recognisable due to almost photo-realistic graphics, while additional realism is added via kits that get progressively dirtier as the match progresses.

Pro Evolution Soccer 4 will also boast an on-screen referee for the first time. Whereas previous versions have featured an un-seen referee, Konami TYO's game now features an official who runs up and down monitoring play - and even steps in to calm things down when the action gets heated! The referee AI has also been further refined, with advantage being played for minor infringements, while each of the referees available will react instinctively to fouls and the flow of play depending on how strict they are deemed to be.

With every aspect of Pro Evolution Soccer 4 refined and enhanced, it is no surprise that fans of the series are already expecting it to become the definitive football ***le. Further additions to the game include more club and international teams, extra formation screens to offer total control over the way each team lines up and plays, while the ever-popular Master League has also been vastly improved. A new 'My Best Eleven' option allows fans to save their greatest teams for prosperity, and players can now be forced to retire through severe injury during the course of a Master League season, forcing the user to work around the loss of key stars and restructure around the abilities of suitable replacement players.

It all adds up to a new milestone in football gaming, and football fans will already be counting the days until Pro Evolution Soccer 4 kicks off for PlayStation 2, PC DVD and Xbox later this year...

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/mag.dyn/Features/2380.html (with some screenshots)

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 24 2004, 09:21 AM
The union team would be nothing about the rugby league coaches. They would struggle enormously.
Oh yes, the English Rugby team attack is something too be in awe of, That Joe Lyndon is doing such a good job with the attack.

Remind... When was the last time England scored a try against NZ?

England base their game on solid defence. They used to do it very, very well.

You may have heard, but ther latest on WE8/PES4 Looks pretty good...

3 Fully Licensed Leagues Confirmed:

Spanish La Liga (20 Teams)
Seirie A (20 Teams)
Dutch League (18 Teams)

All Of these teams have fully licensed kits etc. These are for WE8 which means it's possible PES4 could have a few more licenses by the time it's released, but no garuntees...

Confirmed new Stadiums:

St James Park - Newcastle
Parc des Princes - PSG
Stade Velodrome - Marseille
Rasunda Stadion - Sweden
Ennio Tardini - Parma
De Kuip - Feyenoord
westfalenstadion (Dortmund)

A few new screens in this thread at pesinsight (you might have to register to see them) : Screens

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jul 3 2004, 12:19 PM
England base their game on solid defence. They used to do it very, very well.
Interesting that England are following South Africa of '95 with a rapid decline from glory. Doesn't matter as long as you win every 4 years. Interesting to note that out of the 4 World cup winning nations all of them except one has been beaten with the oppostion score exceeding fifty WHILE THEY WERE CHAMPIONS. And that one world cup champion nation has in fact NEVER had another nation post more than fifty on them. Because if any nation did, then all the players would be executed. Strangely enough this nation with the fantastic defensive record is an attacking nation, nowadays more in backplay while in times past with the forwards.

Back to the topic...has anyone played Fifa 2004. apart from the speed button being too slow it was close to rivalling PES with gameplay. they just needed to speed things up.

FIFA 2004 is a solid game. It gets 80% from most reviewers. The thing is PES gets at least 95%.

Originally posted by Hypnotised@Jul 13 2004, 11:54 PM
3 Fully Licensed Leagues Confirmed:

Spanish La Liga (20 Teams)
Seirie A (20 Teams)
Dutch League (18 Teams)
Who carees about the Dutch league...and Serie A...La Liga is ok. WHERES THE BLOODY PREMIERSHIP!

Latest posts