Discussion in 'General Gaming Chat' started by St Helens RLFC, May 25, 2004.
Discuss the soon to be greatest football game the world has ever seen here.
Some exerpts from PCZone interview with (soccer video game making god) Seabass.....online play will not be in the next version.........
Can we expect PES4 to have online compatibility?
Seabass: I'd love to announce online for next year- and its coming closer. In fact, PES could be online on the PC before the PS2 version.
Will PES4 have completely fully-licensed teams?
Seabass: Yes, were hoping. We can tell you that it wont get worse! Were already acquiring more licenses for this game and the teams personal dream is to have PES fully-licensed. Its not the Research & Development side, but the political company side. The future is bright for us in that area.
Also copy of what I pasted into the old thread..........
Features of WE8 (Japanese version of pro evolution soccer 4, released 8th August).
- More master league teams; 138 teams
- Real team names from leagues in Spain, Italy, England, Germany, France and Holland
- A total of more than 200 club and national teams
- More elements added to the development/retirement of master league players
- 1 of 2 players can take a free-kick (2 people stood over the ball)
- New modes for through pass and centering allowing more control to the player
- New feint turn and ball control techniques
- New soccer rules and game control help screens
- User-friendly pause menu with quick control view
- Referees will be seen on pitch during the game, and according to the pitch conditions, wear and tear/dirt will be see on the player's uniforms
- Editable trophy and league names
- JFA licenced Japan A team and Japan under 23 team (under 23s - WE8 only).
Also read somewhere that it will have a completely new penalty kick system.......
Release date for pro evolution 4 is October, 2004 in Europe. Also if you didn't already know it will be released on X box as well........
Im still playing PES3 daily so if PES4 improves on just one thing I will be happy.
- Licenced teams & Players & Stadiums will give the game a better feel to it. Playing Trad Bricks vs West London at Blue Bridge ain't the same as playing Chelsea vs Man Utd at Stamford Bridge with authentic kits and names for example.
- Menus and presentation. FIFA owns this catagory, PES3 is like the inside of a factory in terms of layout.
- Players to have better spacial awareness, to make more of an effort to keep the ball in play if it os going off, though PES3 was an improvement on 2 in this area.
- Curling shots. Where you would expect a striker to bend it with the inside of his boot to the bottom corner, the players in PES3 slice across it with the laces and go under the goalie or wide of the goal. The curl on crosses in PES3 is nice though.
- Free Kicks - more options, 2 players, lay offs, dummies, etc... the actual shot meter + direction for curl is still the best system though
- Goal Kicks, wasier to have greater accuracy with power bar.
- Tricks and skills. They made a start on this last time and the system merely needs to be updated and refined with a few more tricks. Players like Ronaldinho (look away pass), Joe Cole (reverse kick) and Zizou (Roulette) should have their own moves.
+ no doubt they will make these and many more improvement that nobody though were possible to the game making it the best yet.
I always found it amusing when playing on Level 5 against England that Heskey would almost always have a terrible game. It actually mirrored real life as Owen would set him up time and time again only for that man Heskey to hit the side netting or put one into row Z!
And yet Heskey would STILL be better than any footballer to come out of Ireland!
Saw a picture of a new animation that has the players involved in a bit of "push and shove", finger pointing etc, and the ref forcing his way between the two players to break it up. Now if you could only take out the ref..........................
i think robbie keane is better than hesky
Robbie Keane is better than Rooney. HE's fantastic. His goal vs the Dutch was obscene.
That means "foul."
Where was that mate?
winning eleven 8 (jap version of pro evolution 4) pics......
winning eleven 8 pics
Also master league will have more of a "managerial" focus, with individual players having morale issues that have to remedied by the game player. Also older players in master league will retire for good from the game.
whats so good about this game...everyone has been harping on about it?
i havent played too many soccer games which makes perfect sense because i dont like this sport...but why is it so good?.....the only favored soccer game i hav played was international superstar soccer on the n64..which was one of the better sports games of that era
yeah ive often wondered too. never been tempted to try it out though. i have this is soccer 2003 and thats great fun so one soccer game is enough for me
Pro Evolution is the best sports game available by a mile. The gameplay is obscene, just so realistic. Worth a 3-day rent. However I thought it was shite after I rented it, so I rented it again and decided that it was actually fu***ng amazing, and I bought it (PES1) immediately.
A couple of extra things I want to see in PES4
-Use Master League team in friendlies
-Better goalkeeping anim, tip overs esp.
You can in PES3!!!
Hwo the heck can you use ML teams in PES3? I swear it's impossible.
When choosing teams for a friendly, press R1 or R2.
Ah! It was there all along. Never noticed it hiding down in the bottom corner there!
Just some more info from PESinsight.com..........
The following is an unconfirmed list of countries who will have real player names and likenesses. This does not mean the team will have official kits.
Algeria, Argentina, Australian, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Cameroon, Chile, Cyprus, Denmark, England, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay, USA
Thanks to ThomasGOAL for the translation. This list was originally posted on a Japanese Forum.
The following features were mentioned in the latest edition of the Japanese magazine Famitsu. They are however unconfirmed, as they come from a Spanish forum... so they have been translated twice... and obviously some mistakes may have been made.
- No online play
- High through-pass ( L1 + /\ ) now has a power bar
- Post-tackle brawl animation in which the referee gets involved
- Linesman animation, seen after a player is given offside
- 5 new abilities: Keep Dribble, Line Positioning, Side Player, Centre Player, Sliding
- New passing system. You can now choose the distance of the pass and more accuratley select the player you want to pass too
- More dribbling movements
- New types of Penalty and Free Kicks
- Increase in the AI of the CPU
- The referee will not issue a yellow card for the first average tackle, but if a player continues to commit average fouls, a card will be given
- Winning a game in Master League will raise the abilities of your players
In addition there is this, again unconfirmed, list of new stadiums:
Deportivo La Coruna
France (Stade de France)
Marseille's velodrome is confirmed to be in the game, however.
All good, esp:
Netherlands player names
Power bar for passing
Separate names with a comma.