• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Offsides

D

daveyboy164

anyone agree?? bloody offsides in this game i am still getting used to it and especially in 2 player you turn the ball over constantly, it seems like if your offside when the ruck is created, your opponent immediately wins possession. its a damn nuisance because a lot of the time its not even your fault its just the AIsupport player running on.
<

thats the thing, i understand it but its where the AI continue their run when they should be rejoining the backline and bam you get turndover

im just use to how in 2**4 the players would go to there spot automatically, but now you have to move them, or they get penalized. it ****** me off to, but ill get use to it...

To be perfectly honest I can work it out fine. I use broadcast so i can actually tell if i'm behind the ruck and if i go infront the blue cirle around player with flash and i'll run back onside.

in 2**4 you could turn it off completely. Wish they had put it in this game, I know it's part of rugby but Madden lets you turn it off so why not this game.

What's the point? makes it harder and more fun with offsides if u stay onside most of the time. It gives u more of a challenge and something else u have to concentrate on. It's easy to avoid offsides eg. changing player or just running back onside.

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 25 2005, 05:19 PM
What's the point? makes it harder and more fun with offsides if u stay onside most of the time. It gives u more of a challenge and something else u have to concentrate on. It's easy to avoid offsides eg. changing player or just running back onside.
Quoted in agreement.
<

Yes ditton on Teh Mite's point and FFS!!!!

Just choose defensive plays which you are obviously not currently - and then your players WILL all be moving into position. Do you also claim the AI kick too much and you can't catch the ball etc??

Same again - select defensive plays - reckon they're going to kick? THEN choose KICK defense....and so on and so on.....

hope this helps. Sorry if sound frustrated, but I am!! I think people need to keep trying to improve in the game and just apply more logic/commonsense.

My biggest problem with the offside rulings is that there appears to be one set of rules for you, and another for tha computer controlled team.

I was amazed after playing LOTS of games to receive a penalty due to the computer tackling me in an offside position. In celebration I took a shot at goal from 30m out (and slotted it).

Havn't seen one since.......even though I'm forever getting tackled by players in offside positions..........

Hate to say it but I really miss having the odd penalty going my way (apart from the "collapse maul" one).

That would add a whole new (and important in rugby terms)element to the game.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Mar 30 2005, 04:08 PM
My biggest problem with the offside rulings is that there appears to be one set of rules for you, and another for tha computer controlled team.

I was amazed after playing LOTS of games to receive a penalty due to the computer tackling me in an offside position. In celebration I took a shot at goal from 30m out (and slotted it).

Havn't seen one since.......even though I'm forever getting tackled by players in offside positions..........

Hate to say it but I really miss having the odd penalty going my way (apart from the "collapse maul" one).

Wait a sec and they'll get onside....seriously...just a second or two.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Mar 30 2005, 03:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Mar 30 2005, 03:15 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Mar 30 2005, 04:08 PM

Wait a sec and they'll get onside....seriously...just a second or two. [/b]
Why would I want to wait till the opposition is on side or not???

Isn't that a common ploy in rugby to have quick ruck play, catching defenders offside, and receiving a penalty???

Originally posted by NZL fan+Mar 30 2005, 04:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Mar 30 2005, 04:25 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 30 2005, 03:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan

Isn't that a common ploy in rugby to have quick ruck play, catching defenders offside, and receiving a penalty??? [/b]
Sorry I thought you were trying to get around the problem not dabble in semantics.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Mar 30 2005, 03:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Mar 30 2005, 03:29 PM)</div>
Originally posted by NZL fan@Mar 30 2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 30 2005, 03:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan

Isn't that a common ploy in rugby to have quick ruck play, catching defenders offside, and receiving a penalty???
Sorry I thought you were trying to get around the problem not dabble in semantics. [/b]
No I'm trying to play a fluid game of rugby (a good game is a fast game!!) and not have to wait for the computer to get its players on side because they rarely get penalised for being offside.............

As I say a second isn't exactly "waiting" and anyway, I don't wait, I just pass quick enough or dummy etc or change direction and they don't get me anyway.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 30 2005, 03:48 PM
As I say a second isn't exactly "waiting" and anyway, I don't wait, I just pass quick enough or dummy etc or change direction and they don't get me anyway.
I was talking more about the base of the ruck running from the halfback, though quite often a retiring (well offside) computer controlled player standing in your backline will tackle your first receiver if he is close by.

Originally posted by NZL fan+Mar 30 2005, 04:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Mar 30 2005, 04:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Mar 30 2005, 03:48 PM
I was talking more about the base of the ruck running from the halfback, though quite often a retiring (well offside) computer controlled player standing in your backline will tackle your first receiver if he is close by. [/b]
I'm glad it doesn't gift penalties for a cheap tactic like that. In a real test match can you run from the base through gigantic forwards whenever you feel like it?

Latest posts