• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

oh dear guys!

W

wrighty15

guys, really bad/interesting news.

i read on a post that a demo may be out somewhere in the uk today, being monday. i phoned up my local game store in birmingham and asked them. they sadi they didnt know of any demo unless it may be attached to a ps2 magazine. i then asked them when the release date was, they said in the month of JUNE! what? i thought it was march!

this is very confusing and frustrating, i have no idea whats going on and when the game will actually be coming out. where do we go from here?

i hope that anyone, especially from the uk, can help me and try and get on the phone to their local gaming store and get a date of some kind!

aaaaaaaaaaaa, to clarify, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ok, i just went onto the game webste to check if they had re-done the release date to a june date. no they hadnot. i phoned the website number and asked them if i orderd the pre order i would get it on the 11th of march, they said i would get it on the 11 march. great. i then asked them what i had bin told by my local game store and they said, no, the release date it the 11 march!

ok. so now, do i pre-order it hoping for the 11th? or pre-order it and get a call saying, aint getting it till june time?

whats going on!?!!!

breathe!

Originally posted by wrighty15@Mar 1 2005, 02:51 AM
ok, i just went onto the game webste to check if they had re-done the release date to a june date. no they hadnot. i phoned the website number and asked them if i orderd the pre order i would get it on the 11th of march, they said i would get it on the 11 march. great. i then asked them what i had bin told by my local game store and they said, no, the release date it the 11 march!

ok. so now, do i pre-order it hoping for the 11th? or pre-order it and get a call saying, aint getting it till june time?

whats going on!?!!!

breathe!
<<breathe! >>

Yes, please do this!

I am cleaning the vomit from my keys having read the first post.

jesus man! This is my life here!
<
<

nah seriously.
<

What!!! I've already pre-ordered here in SA and was told my order might be delayed by a day or two tops(ie. 14 march, so perhaps 16th).

I wouldn't worry if i was you. I would have been notified by now if my order would be two months late, surely!!

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear......

No! Hope your game store just didn't know what they were talking about wrighty...
<

wrighty15 i also wrang the gamestation in birmingham both in new street and the pallasades. The one in new street said they had no release date but they expected it to be available in the next couple of months but they already had the pc version on sale. Then i rang the one in the pallasades and they said it was due out on friday!

P.S. Where did you hear about the demo information?

If you believe the person i spoke to on the phone its at gamestation in birmingham on new street. I should ring the store before you go. You can find the number on www.gamestation.co.uk under store locator.

I have just had a very reliable source saying the PS2 and PC will be released on the 11th

I phoned the official ps2 magazine and the guy said that rugby 2005 will be featuring in the april addition with a playable demo but who wants that after the game is released

A contact who works for Ea who I emailed when Rugby 2004 was due for release. However this person told me that Rugby 2004 was one of the best games I could have wished for

sean43 you said that the ps2 and pc version is out 11th march. Did they say anything about the xbox version?

Xbox is out on the 4th - I guess the gaystation gets it's version than n'all.

And going by tradition, the PC should be a week later.

What's up with you English?

HMV's website has the release date as March 4th for all versions.

How can this be sooooo screwed up? Why is there so much confusion on the release date over there?

I will go to town tomorrow to check with the shops, this is really stupid. Ea say when they ship it to the UK. All the game companies know what to put as the release date-not hard

Exactly.

But right now, it's looking as if you lads will be getting the game first, and that means one thing . . . you get to play it first (I have logic!).

And I'm consumed with jealousy.

And then I laugh cause the SH won't get it till half the month is nearly over.

Sean, it seems like you'll be lucky to get a straight answer if you go to a couple different stores. This is pretty weird.

Yea very stupid. I rang Play and Choices today

Play = 18th March
Choices = 11th March
Amazon = 18th March
HMV = 4th March
EA = 11th March (they have actually said, does not mean much though)
Game = 11th/18th they are not sure
Software Store (last week told me) = 11th March

So my guess is as good as anyones. It is a stupid cock up which can still be avoided

Very strange, but at least one things consistent -- all those dates fall on the same day of the week (Friday).

Whereas here, on a few websites (gamespot, definitely) it says the release is the 8th, but every place I've walked in/phoned, etc have said the 9th . . .

Good luck.

in Cardiff the one Game in Queen Street said its been brought forward to the 4th for PS2 but the Game in St Davids centre has it as the 11th.

Latest posts