• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Oh no, one more bloody french guy...

Sapinou

Academy Player
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Bayonne
Hello everybody, I just found out this awesome while wandering and here I am. Please excuse my average english, my school years are pretty far now. I'm a basque from Bayonne, exiled in Bordeaux for my studies and finally winegrowing. Of course supporter of Aviron Bayonnais -you know the little rival of Biarritz (Bayonne-Beach) Olympique, and the club who destroyed Ireland 2007 RWC- that make me a masoshist I guess :rolleyes: 10 harsh years of struggling to keep up in Top 16 and then 14 and still here, to the great unpleasure of Don Sergio Blancorleone :cool:

hello, welcome. Hopefully you stay a little bit, we need as much various flavor as we can get on this website. So far from the Top 14 clubs we've got a Montpellierain, a Toulousain, a Biarritz-follower, and me (a fake Toulonnais). A guy from Grenoble comes in every once in a while too, but the rest are really rare. I wish we had a jaunard Clermontois here, the one we had disappeared...
Make sure you go to the European Challenge or Champions Cup sections - the weekend is approaching.

hello, welcome. Hopefully you stay a little bit, we need as much various flavor as we can get on this website. So far from the Top 14 clubs we've got a Montpellierain, a Toulousain, a Biarritz-follower, and me (a fake Toulonnais). A guy from Grenoble comes in every once in a while too, but the rest are really rare. I wish we had a jaunard Clermontois here, the one we had disappeared...
Make sure you go to the European Challenge or Champions Cup sections - the weekend is approaching.

Oh, sure, totally leave out me, racingmetro92 and racingmetrofan. Criminal regligence right there.

BTW, welcome, @Sapinou. I hope you enjoy your stay here and it will be a stay I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yeah, and there's a Racingmetrofan who appears once a month to talk transfers, and also we have a fake Racing Métro fan wannabe although this one is a regular. He likes Racing and France because they have lots of South Africans in them.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah wine growing blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Did someone say WINE??!

Welcome aboard! Watch out for Big E...he's not only French, but crazy, too! And we love him that way. :D

das

Last edited:
Haha, thanks for the greetings. But it's weird, I don't see Biarritz in the 2014-2015 Top 14 fixtures :) Good to see our selfproclaimed "Best Championship in the whole universe of the world of rugby" has followers abroad, we had some Saffies too here, not big names: Rob Linde, Sam Gerber (Danie's nephew), Louis Strydom (a waste of money) , Jacques Deen...
I guess I'll had to make you discover and love one of the most crazy club in Top 14, Bayonne ;)

TigsMan, I heard Tait signed for 2 years in Bayonne. Salvi not yet, but we'll need to compensate the retirement of Dwayne "the Warrior" Haare...

& das, if I say I work in a winyard in Pessac and Talence holded by an american family since the 30's? :p

Last edited:
Did someone say WINE??!

Welcome aboard! Watch out for Big E...he's not only French, but crazy, too! And we love him that way. :D

das

I know you're just being polite and I appreciate that. But that doesn't really need distinction, das.

oh yeah, and there's a Racingmetrofan who appears once a month to talk transfers, and also we have a fake Racing Métro fan wannabe although this one is a regular. He likes Racing and France because they have lots of South Africans in them.
A fake wannabe? Like I'm some sort of nut who really is the most hard core RM fan but going around faking it to look a wannabe fan only? How did you see through my ruse?!!

Haha, thanks for the greetings. But it's weird, I don't see Biarritz in the 2014-2015 Top 14 fixtures :) Good to see our selfproclaimed "Best Championship in the whole universe of the world of rugby" has followers abroad, we had some Saffies too here, not big names: Rob Linde, Sam Gerber (Danie's nephew), Louis Strydom (a waste of money) , Jacques Deen...
I guess I'll had to make you discover and love one of the most crazy club in Top 14, Bayonne ;)

TigsMan, I heard Tait signed for 2 years in Bayonne. Salvi not yet, but we'll need to compensate the retirement of Dwayne "the Warrior" Haare...

& das, if I say I work in a winyard in Pessac and Talence holded by an american family since the 30's? :p
We were very glad that you took Joe Pietersen off our hands..

Joe, good player but he forgets too often his fellas on the field. He went back SA because of his girlfriend if I remember well...

Bayonne - the club that ruins Rokocoko, turns him into a centre and won't give him back.

But at least you took Tialata from us (and then nicely offloaded to Toulouse). Welcome to the forum!

Bayonne - the club that ruins Rokocoko, turns him into a centre and won't give him back.

But at least you took Tialata from us (and then nicely offloaded to Toulouse). Welcome to the forum!

you can have Tialata back any time.......

Haha, thanks for the greetings. But it's weird, I don't see Biarritz in the 2014-2015 Top 14 fixtures :)

How very dare you raise the long awaited relegation of BO when you lot only just avoided it last term and look likely candidates this time!!!!

Welcome to the site and look forward to hearing lots from you on the Top 14 site and "crossing swords" when (and if) we manage to drag ourselves out of the pit that Budda (not Don Sergio Blancorleone which affords him a status way above his station!!!) has dragged this proud old club into!!

If you have any connection with the Domaine de Chevalier...........you will be even more welcome as it is my favourite wine (although I do tend to go for most Pessacs)!!!

PS I am fully aware that Jo Roko is extremely happy at Bayonne and does not want to go anywhere!!!

How very dare you raise the long awaited relegation of BO when you lot only just avoided it last term and look likely candidates this time!!!!

Welcome to the site and look forward to hearing lots from you on the Top 14 site and "crossing swords" when (and if) we manage to drag ourselves out of the pit that Budda (not Don Sergio Blancorleone which affords him a status way above his station!!!) has dragged this proud old club into!!

If you have any connection with the Domaine de Chevalier...........you will be even more welcome as it is my favourite wine (although I do tend to go for most Pessacs)!!!

PS I am fully aware that Jo Roko is extremely happy at Bayonne and does not want to go anywhere!!!

Well, after 8 years of Purgatory d2 and 10 years of survival (ahem 2010...) in Top16/14 seeing the "galactics" glory from our dark shores of Adour and Nive, hearing our neighbours brag about their ***les, I think I can tickle a little ;)
Smainos (a cross between Smain -humorist who looks like Serge- and Carlos -french singer with the same body-) destroyed all the job made by Martin, giving the keys to the "senators" (Hari, Yach, August, Thion, Brusque) firing coaches after coaches and bad recruitements (I know, we're good at that in Bayonne too). If it werent the city counsil of Biarritz, BO would be in Fed 1 and it grieves me a little.
I look to your comeback too, I miss challenging neighbors, friends, cousins txurigorri supporters. I don't think we'll go down this year, our youngsters seem to be more efficients than outsiders in the past, I have only two regrets this season: I rue the match at LOU and at home against MHR.
No connection with Domaine de Chevallier, will Domaine Clarence Dillon be interesting? :)

we should open a sub forum for all the French winos here...

count me in ! ;)

PS will give Domaine de Chevallier a go then...

anybody ever heard of Chateau Roubine ? :p nobody knows Draguignan !

anybody ever heard of Chateau Roubine ? :p nobody knows Draguignan !

No, but I've celebrated my 25th birthday with crazy Toulonnais and Bandol rosé in floatin' in the swimming pool they just built for my boss. I've lot of friends on "la Rade" ;) My grandfather discovered rugby in Mayol when he was in the army at Frejus \o/

Latest posts