• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

One sided refereeing

brummietaff

Academy Player
Unbelievable bias from referees against tier 2 teams.
Clearly would have made no difference to results so far but cards for lesser teams penalty for major teams for same level of cynicality.
Always been the case but needs to stop.

VIDEO: The incredible dive of the All-Blacks not sanctioned by Jaco Peyper!

Savea makes such a big mistake that he raises his arms to apologize, thinking he was going to get booked. But no, for Jaco Peyper, there is no problem! 😅

VIDEO: The incredible dive of the All-Blacks not sanctioned by Jaco Peyper!

Savea makes such a big mistake that he raises his arms to apologize, thinking he was going to get booked. But no, for Jaco Peyper, there is no problem! 😅

I am knighting you, I can do that as I'm English, as the french AIRums

Moaning about refs and South Africa haven't even played yet!
No, no go ahead! I'm sure my Twitter based brethren will sadly join in to this type of behavior imminently… but in the meantime…
Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF

I knew that Wayne Barns was Leinster's 16th man but I didn't know that Jaco Peyper was also going in this direction.

What are you even talking about?

VIDEO: The All-Blacks' incredible dive not sanctioned by Jaco Peyper!

Savea makes such a big mistake that he raises his hands to apologize, thinking he was going to get a warning. But no, for Jaco Peyper, there is no problem!😅

VIDEO: The All-Blacks' incredible dive not sanctioned by Jaco Peyper!

Savea makes such a big mistake that he raises his hands to apologize, thinking he was going to get a warning. But no, for Jaco Peyper, there is no problem!😅

Wtf does that have to do with Leinster

Unbelievable bias from referees against tier 2 teams.
Clearly would have made no difference to results so far but cards for lesser teams penalty for major teams for same level of cynicality.
Always been the case but needs to stop.
Absolutely agree the Fijian match was the most obvious example of this I have seen for a long time. How many times were Wales penalised for cynical play on the defensive line. And he kept saying one more and there will be a yellow and it never happening. It goes down the other end and the fijians do one thing and in the bin. I mean Biggar should have gone 10 minutes for his play alone he was never onside and he impeded a try. That is 10 minutes every normal day in rugby let alone the other 10+ times they were penalised for being offside. Then to top it off the entire team walking so slow back to the kick off that was disgraceful.

Absolutely agree the Fijian match was the most obvious example of this I have seen for a long time. How many times were Wales penalised for cynical play on the defensive line. And he kept saying one more and there will be a yellow and it never happening. It goes down the other end and the fijians do one thing and in the bin. I mean Biggar should have gone 10 minutes for his play alone he was never onside and he impeded a try. That is 10 minutes every normal day in rugby let alone the other 10+ times they were penalised for being offside. Then to top it off the entire team walking so slow back to the kick off that was disgraceful.
The repeat offences yellow is the least consistent aspect of rugby.

It should just be a straight count in the 22 and an automatic yellow. Three or four, whatever amount is deemed appropriate.

Assistant keeps track of the number and it accumulates over the whole game.

The repeat offences yellow is the least consistent aspect of rugby.

It should just be a straight count in the 22 and an automatic yellow. Three or four, whatever amount is deemed appropriate.

Assistant keeps track of the number and it accumulates over the whole game.
That doesn't work either though, because there are cynical pens that prevent certain try's that deserve a yellow straight away, and then ones for marginal offsides that more add to a cumalative.

On the whole I've been happy with this aspect over the last few years, but today was a real step back no doubt.