• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Online Play?

E

excitation

I guess this rugby 2005 isn't going to be online for PS2... there has been no mention of it anywhere. Why not Online? anyone have a reason for this?

Well, until we are given proof - we don't know that it isn't online, Just its unlikely i think

geez...but wouldnt it be awesome...we would hav a representitive playing for the kiwis against the rest of the world...wcr shouldve had online play as the game sold well and is good to play against other playes across da globe

I would be very, very surprised if it was online, surely that would've been released in the press release.

I just hope that WCR2 has online play.

Why don't you think it is made with online capabilities (PS2)? soccer, football, baseball, hockey, all are ea sports games and all are online...

Well online play is quite a big thing, I'm certain they would mention it in their press release if it was there.

Then again maybe it is possible they were still undecided at the time the press release was made.

If they are using the fifa engine surely they could have added online features. There seems to be some EA sports online server just need rugby 2005 to be added. But you are right if it was a feature EA would make a huge deal about it.

For this version of the game I'd be quite happy to have it play well and keep added features like online play for future releases...

I want them to spend (or have spent) the vast majority (if not all) their time on gettin the basics of the game right before adding extras... if it ain't any good to play, who'll wanna play it at all, never mind playing online!

Raziel, it is true that producing a good game is upmost on the developers mind... but don't you think that if the game is of marginal quality, the online aspect would give it a bit more staying power, and basically a lot more fun?

i agree whole heartedly, online play would add loads to the game - especially if the AI is generally crap and it takes playing against human players to really enjoy it... in that scenario, online play is a must...

BUT... I'd hate to think that gameplay development time was shortened at all, just to try and give them some online capability - which could also end up being below-par

get us a good game first HB/EA, then release it yearly (not every 2 years) and give us Online next March... it'll give us all time to get to grips with it, so us northern hemisphere boys can teach you southern dudes how to play (again!)

The EA Sports Rugby series is being released every 18 months now. Next game after Rugby 2005 should be late 2006.

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Jan 15 2005, 02:27 PM
so us northern hemisphere boys can teach you southern dudes how to play (again!)
Again? the SH teams were by far the better this year - as proven by the NH tour

if R2005 is the same pan of shite that R2004 was... they can forget about every 18 months - this is the last chance saloon as far as I care

... they should put their hands up and say "we tried, we failed, somebody else can have a go" and release all the licenses and walk away

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Jan 15 2005, 02:37 PM
if R2005 is the same pan of shite that R2004 was... they can forget about every 18 months - this is the last chance saloon as far as I care

... they should put their hands up and say "we tried, we failed, somebody else can have a go" and release all the licenses and walk away
To their credit, at least they probably realised it was ****, so thats why they got help from a new engine and stuff... it won't be as bad as 04 but just how good it will be remains unseen

it can't possibly be as bad... nothing could go lower (could it?)

... but I would like some admission from them (Andrew Wilson) to say that they did get it wrong, but have listened to responses, feedback and input and will now try to put it right this time round... theres nothin wrong with makin a mistake and them trying to rectify it...

... I do have a lingering feeling tho, that dude does not really believe they f***ed it up last time round
how could any memeber of that development team actually feel proud of what they made in '03 - c'mon surely some people at HB have integrity and pride in what they do, how in the name of hell did R2004 happen????

... I remem the line from one of the previews for R2004... the "Remember its not Madden" line... look out for any such PR statements like that this time round...

It is amazing that supposedly one of the THE most popular sports in the world can't be produced in SA, NZ, Australia, England, etc.... people that know the game. Why Canada? Better talent, technology, knowhow?

I am almost posotive that it will not be online and I agree with others, they should no way be thinking of online play until there is a solid core of a game there in the first place.

Would everyone flock to play pong online JUST because it was online ?

ALL games should start out as solid 1 player games. 2 + players and online should always come after.

People also have to realise that EA is about making money. They are not concerned with releasing sub standard games because they are so large a company that a poor release is almost irrelevant now. Smaller game companies HAVE to produce quality ***les to gain a solid base in the industry. EA IS the industry.

Im sure EA were very pleased with the development time / income from Rugby 2004. As to if you enjoyed playing the game is of no concern to them at all.

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 16 2005, 02:35 PM
I think it will have LAN play for the PC

Modes of Play
Solo
Local area network

link
Like giving a kid 10 pence in an anything for a pound shop
<

They gotto get the basics right before adding in any online mode

imagine an online mode if it played anything like 2004

the online facility would have no users after 2 weeks of release

and if they had online they would have said it

anything positive to say will and has been said

anything negative to say, wont be said at all, and will be known by us, upon release date.

unless they give an interview with QA time, and someone asks if online is there, we wont know till release...........but i'd put my house on the line that there will be no online play simply coz they havent said its there.
if u got something good to say u say it, if u got bad news, u keep ur mouth shut, and prey people like us BUY it before knowing any bad news ie EA got there $$$.
like 2004 exactly

Latest posts