• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Online rugby games

I play BR too!
I am Bobily in the game and became the NZ U20 manager this season :)
I would advise anyone with a little bit of time on their hands to start playing. It may seem confusing at first but soon you get the hang of it!

I should have looked down here before.

I love Blackout rugby. Played three seasons in the overly populated English league as the imposing Chesterfield Water Birds, a cheesy Manly Sea Eagles knock off, and just started a team in the Aussie leagues, the even worse named Smells Like Teen Sprint...'Cause they run and such.

Another decent game (as in, the only other one out there) is Director of Rugby. However it's a fee to play. Great game though. Relatively new, so many extras are being tweaked and added, but the bonus over Blackout is the use of real players. Hance why I have a Sale team with Muliana, McCaw & Woodcock involved. With Drew Mitchell targeted after I free some wage cap funds up.

As I said though, costs to play, and at the moment results are n more than the score, with a rating out of 100 per player and detail of tries, penalties, conversions and drop goals.

A survey went out to ask about new additions, including trophy cabinets, the chance to buy from Magners and Top 14 teams (you can only buy from GP and SANZAR teams currently, no idea why) and other tweaks like more in depth (Blackout-esque) match stats for players. Which is good, because a player is only as good as how many interceptions are on his record!

Fun game, takes a lot less time to mess around with than Blackout, but it doesn;t have that level of details and managerial skill Blackout has. Plus I like the idea of developing and training my own players, before giving them stupid nicknames.

Anyone with a spare £20 odd a year should try director of rugby. You can cancel the subscription at any time and delete the team.

Oh, one major plus point it has? You can have "closed scenarios." Which means in English: If TRF wanted their own league for us to battle against one another? You start a scenario, and give the code to only TRF folk. They then sign up for the private scenario and it'd be just us against each other in the GP. (I believe they are working on the other leagues being controllable.)

Still, Blackout rugby is number one for me. I'm Hinch and Hinch2 over there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Apr 16 2009, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I remember you bragging about your team being super fit before Prestwick, how often do you LTNT? I have decided to focus on the cup from now on, as I think my team is good enough to win the playoffs and get promoted from 2/3rd place. All that will be for **** if I loose one cup game though, and I have a tough one next week.

I don't have much problem with fitness levels tbh, and most of my boys play 3 games a week. (WNWIM in friendlies, normal in the others) and I only rest my fullback (and Ireland U20's fullback) and my lock in friendlies as they are my most heavily trained players, seems to work quite well :)[/b]

There is a lot of confusion about whether LTNT actually works or is effective as you lose the training bonus. Usually I do LTNT only for cup games and end of season fixtures.

I used LTNT last weekend against the second placed team in my league (I'm first, and unbeaten), and thrashed them 49-5 or something... Couldn't believe it. Used LTNT because man for man they have higher rating players in every position...

I hope it doesn't bite me in the arse this week though as I am playing the current second placed team who also look better on paper...

Great game. I love it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommowins @ Apr 24 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How tired do you guys get when you play LTNT?[/b]

If they start at perfect, I believe they go down to fit. So half their energy will be lost. Unless the team is better than you I wouldn't LTNT. If you are worried they will, PM them and ask to have an agreed WNWIM to save energy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (allyoop @ Apr 24 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommowins @ Apr 24 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How tired do you guys get when you play LTNT?[/b]

If they start at perfect, I believe they go down to fit. So half their energy will be lost. Unless the team is better than you I wouldn't LTNT. If you are worried they will, PM them and ask to have an agreed WNWIM to save energy.
[/b][/quote]

Ok cheers. Its a must win game and they are higher on the ladder than me so I'll go LTNT.

Woosaah I'll be playing our friendly with 'next week in mind' to save energy after todays match, as well as the training benefits.

Dont post often but when BR is mentioned i feel i should ^_^ Currently in Div IV in england after screwing my tactics up in the final last year, however managed to win the WCC cup last year which is good considering some of the opposition, havent lost yet this season and got a very decent side now.
Would suggest that anyone who likes rugby and mangement games should sign up to this and give it a go.

f*** it. Got a thrashing 35-7... Knew using LTNT last weekend was gonna bite me in the arse this weekend.
That and I have crap players in comparison. Don't know how theirs get so good... Ah well, still four points clear.

Well I was in dire straights in 6th place and I used LTNT and beat 2nd place by 30 points.

My youth team were 1st playing the 2nd place. My youth squad all had perfect stamina and with a game against the bottom team next week, I should have set them on LTNT too. I should have known that 2nd was envious of my shiney 1st position and they played on LTNT. I lost by 12 points and I am now third on the youth league!

Next week I am playing some douchebag who hasn't won a game. I'll be saving up energy from last weeks effort.

puts reminder in my phone to log in whne i get home :)

havnt done it for over a week so i have to figure out whats going on with my team :)

Do any of you guys use the viewable engine? (filed and ball) if so what is it like?

Its 2D. Alright, nothing special though. Its impressive for being an online rugby management game. The good stuff in BR is the squad planning, training, transfer market and planning for building, acadmey ect.

Anyone up for a week 10 friendly?

Finished with my upgrades of everything for the moment! Level 3 coach - Level 3 all other trainers - Level 4 Training Facility. Seems like a complete waste of money if you ask me - 970k and literally months of waiting on the staff alone where i should have transferred in a top notch squad! Just not enough of a reward for the time and money spent.
Maybe it's a long term thing instead of short term gains with transfers..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevemagoo @ May 7 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Finished with my upgrades of everything for the moment! Level 3 coach - Level 3 all other trainers - Level 4 Training Facility. Seems like a complete waste of money if you ask me - 970k and literally months of waiting on the staff alone where i should have transferred in a top notch squad! Just not enough of a reward for the time and money spent.
Maybe it's a long term thing instead of short term gains with transfers..[/b]

Honestly, I am not the best at this game, but I've got four teams four experimenting and the conclusion I've come to is: Money goes on players, then the stadium.

Stadium = more players and more stadium.

I tried to test teams which sank money into the academy and tried living off the promoted players. By the time it started to even remotely work, you;d paid triple what you could have to just get a player of the promoted's quality straight off the market.

So now I just play the market and upgrade my stadium. I upgraded my coach to level 2, but the other coaches there's little point. I don't see why earlier on in your team's life. Not until you have a squad you plan to stick with.

I also don;t employ a fitness coach at all. As you end up buying fitter players and using your ind. training on your best players (rather than replacement fodder) I never used him. Ended up cutting him on my main account. Again, he'd be something to build up towards when you are with a squad with a long shelf life.

Congratulations Woldog, you've just posted the link to the game everyone has been talking about :p

Crash Tackle Rugby Game is now available to play online at Tabletopia too. The Discord server link can be found on the Crash Tackle website.

Latest posts