• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Opening the .bag

E

edinburgh_gunner

Hey yall, knowsleyrider has sent me 4 .bag kit files from RC2006. Unfortunatley, I haven't a scooby as to how to open them. Does anyone? I've tried a couple of programes, the ones from BLIC don't work and neither do Dragon Unpacker. Perhaps Mr Trev could help us out?

Dang, BLIC editors dont work ? That was my next port of call. Ahh well saved me some time
<

Not sure Trev can help us with this one unless its a bit of helpful info passed on behind closed doors. I think he has said before that any editors, kit templates etc have to be sanctioned by ubisoft.

I cant wait to see a rugby league kit in this game.

Hope swordfish release the six consecutive rucks then a turnover patch for PC soon.
<

Actually the funny thing is, that would have probably been very easy to program. Would have loved that to be in
<

I'm going to ask around a bunch of people I know who can use hex from the pro evo/fifa editing sites, see if I can get it to work in hex. There was a programme that opened most editble game files but the .bag doesn't seem to be recogniseable.

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Jan 27 2006, 05:11 AM
As long as they are uncompressed, I can do them
What if they are compressed ? To be honest I think they may be because I tried compressing them using winrar and it made absolutely no difference to the file size.

Anyway you can always get hold of one of the files from Edinburgh and have a bash.

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Jan 27 2006, 06:28 AM
oh dear.

did you find TeamAndPlayerInfo.bag?
Yeah I dont think it was called exactly that, but it was pretty much the same thing like teamdata.bag or something, was about 60 meg or so though. Then there was a career.bag I think and one called replace.bag. Some serious weight to the files though.

So cant you edit compressed bag files unless Swordfish dished out some serious dirt / utils ?

Bugger !!! Im slowly leaning towards this being a better play than EA06 as well. If it cant be edited thats poo
<

It's possible to extract with hex, but I don't know how to use it. As I said, there was a program called game extractor which seemingly extracted files from all known game archives, save for this one. I'll mail them, ask them if they could perhaps help us out.

I would say Inertia is one of the ones at the forefront of Rugby game editing. Whats the score m8, are we screwed ?

Watto (the guy who wrote the program) replied to me this evening. He's happy to look into the game, and he's amazing at file formats from what I've seen so I think he can crack it. Just need to sit tight for now.

ill be able to do the hex editing 2 if i can get hold of the bag files.

inertias rugby league 2 editor isn't doing any hex editing at all its pretty much picking up the xml file and playing with that (which i have been plyaing with 2) are there any small .bag files? like under a mb? i know what lazy is getting at i think the teamdata.bag being 60mb is not what he is after

Originally posted by woosaah@Jan 26 2006, 10:24 PM

inertias rugby league 2 editor isn't doing any hex editing at all its pretty much picking up the xml file and playing with that (which i have been plyaing with 2) are there any small .bag files? like under a mb? i know what lazy is getting at i think the teamdata.bag being 60mb is not what he is after
This is a kit file sent to me, try hexing to export.

hmmm interesting
<

ill have to find where it starts and ends, it maybe compressed if so it doesnt look like i can do it

i am not to good at kits and images from bags, in the teamdata.bag file is it possible to like open it up in like a hex editor and send the first um.. few lines i may be able to get them.

ill still look at the kit but i dont like my chances

It's not properly done yet. I'll divulge more info when I get the game and can work on it properly.

When is it out?

Originally posted by woosaah@Jan 27 2006, 10:24 AM

yeah that's true for RL 2 but my RL 1 editor was 100% hex
<

I'm serioulsy not interested in editing this game, it's just not worth it.

I was tempted with R2005 for about 5 seconds but when i saw how quickly the mod scene for that died I didn't bother. I haven't played that game in 10 months either.

Some of the .bag files open with "BagImporter.exe", which I managed to get on a BLIC mod forum.

It does open carreer.bag, GameData.bag & Replace.bag.

PlayerHeads.bag crashes.

Other bags ('thoses in /teams') seems to crash.

On the other hand, names can be changed quite easily in the profile savefile. It stores all team names and player names.

Latest posts