• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Operettas or the crowd?

Unions try to tart things up by getting singers to come in and try and spice up their nation's boring, dull and perhaps unwanted anthems[/b]

hold on, heres something to discuss.

not to sound like i dont like my country, but nothing bores me more than the anthem at the start of the rugby. its f***ing awful infact.its not like its entertaining, and i swear sometimes we only have it in wait of someone to absolutely butcher it so it can be in the papers (ala 2007) everyone *****es and moans about the haka before the match - at least its got passion. at least its entertaining. not like this moaning shite that they get haley westenrea to sing.

infact, some anthems (cough australia cough) is almost worth switching over, and missing the haka for.

in saying that however - watching the italians, romaninons and georgeons sing at the wc was great, such passion! infact all of the minnows and islanders!

so my opionion of the anthem in general - do it well or dont do it at all.

in saying that however - watching the italians, romaninons and georgeons sing at the wc was great, such passion! infact all of the minnows and islanders![/b]

Yeah, in nations from the former Soviet Bloc, their whole way of exhibiting national pride is completely different to how we see it. They show off by getting loads of blokes together, drink lots of vodka and then have a rousing chorus of the national anthem before vowing to kill any foreigner who dare set eyes on their motherland.

Latest posts