• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Its the 6Nations lets get excited!

French TommyGun

Academy Player
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulouse
As usual I'm well excited about the 6Nations! What a great competition full of pride and tradition and especially great rugby! Oh... and beer,obviously! :D After going to New Zealand for the world cup and seeing my beloved France fall at the last hurdle I'm really excited to see what they're capable of doing this 6Nations. Ok...When I say "fall at the last hurdle" what I should have probably said is fall at the 3rd and 4th hurdle,barely scrape past the 6th hurdle just to finally lose in the final!! :huh:
Right I'm just going to tell you all my predictions for the first rounds of the 6 nations and then hopefully you'll all jump on board, get involved and post what you hope and think is going to happen and we can all get excited and chat about the 6Nations together! :buddies:

1st game i think it'll be France 34 - 11 Italy
Firstly becoz I won't even entertain the idea that France could lose to Italy in Paris! The thought of it alone makes me feel nauseous! But secondly coz I have faith in this promising looking French team. We've got some great world class players, talented new blood and mainly I feel really positive about the new coaching team! France is going to come out all guns blazing hungry for revenge:box: I hope! I do hope Italy get a try in though coz they've made a lot of progress in the last couple years.

For the 2nd game I think it'll be Scotland 16 - 17 England
My head says Scotland will win, they look alright at the moment with Edinburgh doing well in the Heineken cup and when playing in Murrayfield the Scots look particularly confident! But, although England as a team looked really bad at Mike Tindall's stag do... Ooh sorry I must have let that slip! I meant they looked bad at the world cup:p they were out pulling birds, drinking, bungee jumping, jumping off of boats! It looks to me like the players lost sight of what really mattered. Anyways... Lancaster has made it clear that he's going to be high on discipline and is going to bring back pride and respect to the rose!! My heart's telling me that England will win on Saturday coz if they could just scrape together an honest victory in Scotland they'd send out a message! A message saying we're still here! We're still England! We're still a Threat! So watch out world!... Or something a long those lines anyway:rolleyes:

3rd game Ireland 13 - 17 Wales
I think Ireland are a very strong team with some very good players, but BO'D is going to be sorely missed coz he is genuinely world class and can change a games outcome. Wales looked pretty dangerous at the world cup and even tho they lost to Australia a couple times since I think they'll do well in Ireland. That's if they can restrain themselves from trying to break prized wingers necks during the game! You got that Warburton?!?:redcard:
Right I'm done, sorry for my massive rugby rant and thank you to those who read it all to the end. I'm constantly surrounded by Bloody Football Fans and it's just nice to have a good chat about the amazing game of rugby union with like minded people.

Last edited:
all games correct except i think scotland will beat a inexperienced england side and ireland will get revenge against wales.

Latest posts