• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

OPS2 Australia has reviewed RC06

Originally posted by Darhf+Jan 11 2006, 10:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Darhf @ Jan 11 2006, 10:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Jan 11 2006, 10:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
-It also suffers from some severe glitches. On two occasions we watched in confusion as an opposition player froze in the middle of the field and stayed there until half or full time (depending on which half it occured)

That may have happened. It didn't do it when we played the game, but nevertheless, it could well have done. Say this happened in 2 out of ever ten matches played, would it really affect the game that bad? [/b]
a player stuck in the middle of the field 2 out every 10 matches played ? hell yes it'd affect the game that bad ! [/b][/quote]
Maybe it was just a freak occurance ? No one else whos played it mentioned it happening. I certainly didnt notice anything happening like that.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 11 2006, 09:12 PM
Im prefectly calm m8, trust me. However I get the feeling you have really taken exception with the fact that I dont like RL2 and have given it a fair old bit of stick. Its only my opinion m8, you dont have to make a crusade of it
<
Touche.
<

Originally posted by locksley+Jan 11 2006, 09:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Jan 11 2006, 09:30 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Boy@Jan 11 2006, 10:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Jan 11 2006, 09:46 PM
There is some tosh written in the gaming world, but BOY does that really take the biscuit.

The guy talks about a 'lack of local content,' so he's probably so enraged at the cheek of Swordfish, an English developer, to focus on the available NH licences instead of SH and particularly Australian licences that he barely even played it.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking! [/b]
I doubt that, as he did say that he suspected the lack of SH content was probably due to EA's "annoying habbit of swollowing up licenses so that no one else can use them"...

yeh, he also mentions that he overlooked lack of licenses in Pro Eve series as well. he tried to for this game but says its too "awful"

Originally posted by myusernameisprettybland@Jan 11 2006, 11:35 PM
yeh, he also mentions that he overlooked lack of licenses in Pro Eve series as well. he tried to for this game but says its too "awful"
The only other thing I can think of is he didnt get a sandwhich from Trevor like me and lox did.... Oh and a bag of crisps
<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 11 2006, 10:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 11 2006, 10:45 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-myusernameisprettybland
@Jan 11 2006, 11:35 PM
The only other thing I can think of is he didnt get a sandwhich from Trevor like me and lox did.... Oh and a bag of crisps
<
[/b]
So what you're saying is... Trev bought you boys off with food?
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 11 2006, 11:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 11 2006, 11:52 PM)</div>
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 11 2006, 10:45 PM

<
<
[/b]
I thought we had all admited to that ages ago ..... **** have I dropped a bollock ?
<

Actually no being serious. He didnt buy us off with food .... we got a drink as well
<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 12 2006, 12:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 12 2006, 12:32 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 11 2006, 11:52 PM

<

<
I thought we had all admited to that ages ago ..... **** have I dropped a bollock ?
<

Actually no being serious. He didnt buy us off with food .... we got a drink as well
<
[/b]
Shhoo and just as i was starting to think you boys where a cheap lay
<

Originally posted by TheBokke+Jan 12 2006, 01:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jan 12 2006, 01:14 AM)</div>
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 12 2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 11 2006, 11:52 PM

<

<

<

<
Shhoo and just as i was starting to think you boys where a cheap lay
<
[/b]
Lox is, and im his manager so if your interested
<

As hes an australian - maybe he is a die hard league fan and hates union so doesnt want the game to do well!

4/10? ... oh dear
<
that's pretty crap as far as game rankings go. A 7/10 and a 4/10 doesn't give us a great average!
<

I've not seen the copy but I really don't think he liked it!

To be fair, if he has played it substantially and really doesn't like it, then he's very much entitled to his opinion and you cannot criticise that.

If he's had a quick one hour play and then slagged it off I would be pretty disappointed.

I did expect to get heavily criticised in SH for not having licensed teams - that's just a fact of life and I could not change that.

I'm not going to comment on each point - the other guys have done that - but I will pick up on the point that Sanzar raised, and it's a good one. RC2006 is not a sim of rugby union. It is certainly more realistic than WCR was and the gameplay has added depth with forward play, but it was never designed to be a simulation. It's meant to be a fun game first and foremost.

I hope you get chance to play it Sanzar. I think this review has put you in 2 minds and it would be good to get an unbiased opinion. Even if you rented it and then posted some comments. With a 4/10 review I'm not sure you're going to get killed in the rush to buy it!

Its what us punters think of it that matters Trev, not one reviewer. 4 very different people on this forum have played it and all said very positive things about it. I would consider that in poll terms 100%.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Jan 12 2006, 02:59 AM
I hope you get chance to play it Sanzar. I think this review has put you in 2 minds and it would be good to get an unbiased opinion. Even if you rented it and then posted some comments. With a 4/10 review I'm not sure you're going to get killed in the rush to buy it!
Don't worry mate
<
. While the review has shaken me a tad, I'll be buying this game regardless, then customizing all the SH teams to make them official. Tell me, does it have the Super 14 in one form or another?

Originally posted by myusernameisprettybland@Jan 11 2006, 10:54 AM
Only features a few European teams due to licenses, so it doesn't feature Aus or NZ.
Yes, a few translates to what:

Celtic League - Licensed
Guinness Premiership - Licensed
French LNR Top 14 - Licensced
RBS Six Nations - Licensed

According to thesaurus.com - there are 33 words to describe this reviewer:

ass, blockhead, boob, booby, cretin, dimwit, donkey, dork, dumb ox, dumbbell, dunce, dunderhead, fool, halfwit, idiot, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, kook, meathead, mental defective, moron, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, pointy head, simpleton, stupid, tomfool, twit, yo-yo

4/10 and below is usually reserved for games that are broken, or unforgivably bad. I dont see how its possible for this game to fall in to either catagory based on knowlsey and locksleys playing time, and on trevs feddback.

Hey, at least he didn't give it a 6/10.

My reasoning being that with a score like 6, then that must mean he found some enjoyment out of it, but accepting the fact that it is a very average game. At least with the 4/10 we don't need to take him seriously, and can pretty much ignore all of what he said.

**** review by the way. Although, for some reason they always are in those "Official" magazines. They are so corrupt. Stupid Los Lover. Stupid Flanders.

i am just loving the lack of gameplay comments
and the passing being bad, but its WCR passing, which IMO is still the most fluid and quickest/most responsive to date

i dont need a simulation...........if JLR was arcady, that'll do me, coz it still the most simulated version of the sport of all time..........its called manual rucks/mauls, controllable kicking game, offloads, and different tackle for different breakdowns (rucks/mauls).

Rugby 2005 some may say is more f a simulation coz of stadiums, liscenses, and not being able to chuck it around willy nilly.

But BLIC/RPIC is the best cricket game since Warnies, and many mnay claim its very arcady...........but its still the best.

As long as i can compare comments to ***les, and ***les with respect (JLR, BLIC), i will be confident, that these reviews are just plain uneducated, coz they loved RL2, so thats 1 flaw from this mob already.

RL2 is good for options/features/content
RC2006 is apparantly not.

I guess they review features and NOT gameplay...........remember now most reviewers will now be younger than us, and thus havent had the joy of JLR, or Rugby2001.

Heck you only gotto go the the RC2006 website to see the explanations of certain gameplay aspects (rucks/mauls, conversions etc) to realise this game has more complexity than Rugby 2005.

JUST BRING IT JABRONIS!!!!!!!

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 12 2006, 09:12 AM
Don't worry mate
<
. While the review has shaken me a tad, I'll be buying this game regardless, then customizing all the SH teams to make them official. Tell me, does it have the Super 14 in one form or another?
I doubt he can even say if it has a form of Super 14 in it.

But I do think there will be a 14 team competition that is loosely based around the SANZAR nations.

this from the rc2006 website

Championship: you can access different European championships, such as the French TOP 14, the English Premiership, the Celtic League (which includes several Welsh, Scottish and Irish teams) and the Super 12 Championship (including Australian, New Zealand and South African teams). You can also create your own, personalised championship, bringing your favourite teams into competition

hmmm...it says super 12 not 14...i hope thats a typing mistake

Originally posted by nik@Jan 12 2006, 05:21 PM
this from the rc2006 website

Championship: you can access different European championships, such as the French TOP 14, the English Premiership, the Celtic League (which includes several Welsh, Scottish and Irish teams) and the Super 12 Championship (including Australian, New Zealand and South African teams). You can also create your own, personalised championship, bringing your favourite teams into competition

hmmm...it says super 12 not 14...i hope thats a typing mistake
That's not though...

Latest posts