• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

OPS2 Australia has reviewed RC06

ok.. as if this reviewer guy wasent dumb enough. he just added the biggest insult of all rugby gaming time in to the equation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
It's been a long time since I've played Rugby 2004, although honestly I don't recall it being as bad as RC2006.[/b]

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Jan 12 2006, 04:59 AM
I'm not going to comment on each point - the other guys have done that - but I will pick up on the point that Sanzar raised, and it's a good one. RC2006 is not a sim of rugby union. It is certainly more realistic than WCR was and the gameplay has added depth with forward play, but it was never designed to be a simulation. It's meant to be a fun game first and foremost.
what would we all say jlo rugby was?

Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Jan 12 2006, 03:27 AM
As hes an australian - maybe he is a die hard league fan and hates union so doesnt want the game to do well!
I'm a die hard league fan and I am throwing my (considerable) weight behind RC06 because it is excellent and great fun to play!

If anybody is really concerned about no S14, then just edit the Top 14 if you don't want it...

Originally posted by myusernameisprettybland@Jan 11 2006, 09:10 AM
hey just reporting back from the mysterious reviewer "LV". heres his reasons for giving rc2006 a 4. some of them are a bit shifty.

-It doesn't boast the same depth in modes that RL2 does (nothing to match the franchise mode in RL2).
Errr - have have most of the modes mentioned on the website been dropped then??

From what I remember upon booting up RL2, you could only play a SuperLeague season, an NRL season, a friendly, or start a franchise.
Not exactly dripping in "depth of modes". Yes there are state/county of origin and Anzac tests, but you have to unlock those.

From RC2006 site there is, as far as I can see, available in RC2006 from the start:

Training
Friendlies
Career Mode - with injuries, finance, player training, trades - err, so whats not matching the franchise mode here?? Are there not enough random injuries for him????
5 different club tournaments
3 different club cup tournaments
3 different international tournaments
1 tour
5 challenge modes.

Now, Im sorry, but if "LV" have played more than just a single friendly match in RC2006, then I'd like to know how he can say it doesn't boast the same depth in modes.

The only argument I can think he is saying is that in RL2 the franchise mode is based on real competitions, whereas the career mode in RC2006 is a fantasy competition - but as long as they get injured less than in the "real" RL2 world I'll manage to live with it!

If he had even had one sensible thing to say I might have been worried about his 4/10 - but as it is, I still believe the reviews on the forum over this.

@ Quin, BOOM! Headshot...

I was about to post pretty much the same thing, but couldn't really be bothered looking for it. But you hit the nail on the head, to use an old cliche I invented....Trust me. I didi. Honestly..........BAH! You're all wankers anyway...

I'll go there now and get his post... by the way it isn't LV it is LR for Luke Reilly.

The career mode includes elements like coach recruitment, player trading, training and financial/injury managment.
It features the 6 Nations Tournament, Tri-series, English Guinness Premiership, Celtic League and the French TOP 14.

Unfortunately, I just didn't like the gameplay. I thought it was shonky.[/b]

That's it from LR for now...

But wait... what is this? 6 nations tourny then.... the tri series? didn't luke say that you wouldn't find any AllBlacks or Wallabies here???

Originally posted by Jacko@Jan 13 2006, 09:04 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
The career mode includes elements like coach recruitment, player trading, training and financial/injury managment.
It features the 6 Nations Tournament, Tri-series, English Guinness Premiership, Celtic League and the French TOP 14.

Unfortunately, I just didn't like the gameplay. I thought it was shonky.

That's it from LR for now...

But wait... what is this? 6 nations tourny then.... the tri series? didn't luke say that you wouldn't find any AllBlacks or Wallabies here??? [/b][/quote]
There are no All Blacks or Wallabies, but that doesn't mean there's no Australia or NZ... they're just called Aus and NZ and not their nicks and have similar, but not exact uniforms.

sore losers... they locked the thread over at the ops2 forums. couldnt take the heat.

Originally posted by myusernameisprettybland@Jan 14 2006, 09:24 PM
sore losers... they locked the thread over at the ops2 forums. couldnt take the heat.
? Really? Have the link?

That's got him on the run, that's turned him yellow, the cowardly, custardy cad!

It's been a long time since I've played Rugby 2004, although honestly I don't recall it being as bad as RC2006.[/b]

too funny...this guy is a joke

Originally posted by simon from OPS2
I find it really weird that both Laxative and matt_com911 have joined up at around the same time with a deep passion for a game so out of left field, and then are set on disagreeing with LR

matt_com911

-------------

Laxative

<

----------------------

But it was good to see young Jacko sticking it to the man...And holding his own as well...

[edit] Foiled by the blasted word filter!
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 15 2006, 10:46 AM
<
*collapses on the keyboard laughing*

Or perhaps, COTKL
<

I cant believe they locked that thread!! I was about to sign up and start posting! I cant believe this guy! Jacko asked im twice about career mode, and in his responses he mentions nothing. How can he say that RC2006 has nothing to match the deapth of RL2 when he hasnt played career mode, and, it sounds like hes played it for a very short time on easy mode! I wish it wasnt locked! It would be like shooting fish in a barrell.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Jan 15 2006, 10:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 15 2006, 10:52 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Jan 15 2006, 10:46 AM

<
*collapses on the keyboard laughing*

Or perhaps, COTKL
<
[/b]
COTKLMFAO

I must say though, been having good fun with the word filter.... maybe I should use it to remove "4/10" and replace it with "11/10"

Latest posts