• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Orrell RUFC on the brink but going down fighting

R

RoyalBlueStuey

Orrell survival fund

"It would be easy to give up, and with April 21st 2007 marking the date of our last ever appearance at Edge Hall Road, some could say we would be wise to just call it a day. Failure is not in the Orrell dictionary though, and we are all determined to do everything we can to pull through this. Even if we cannot make it to next season, we can at least go down knowing that we gave it our all. And believe me, we will all fight tooth and nail til’ the death." (copied from the Bristol fan's forum)

Its always a shame to see a team in so much trouble.
[/b]

Especially one with such a great heritage. I know the North West isn't a traditional rugby union area but there is still some fine old clubs there. Orrell, Preston Grasshoppers, Waterloo & Liverpool (AKA Liverpool Saint Helens) are all part of the fabric of the game (Remember Dewi Morris & Wade Dooley).

The media seem pretty quiet on this Orrell thing....I think it's 'cause they don't want to spoil their stereotype of lovable Dave Whelan.

Dave Whelan is a w****r for what he has dne to Orrel. Whent to there last ever game as profestional how can a team playing like that go down?

You cant blame Dave Whelan, they were in the shite well before he came on the scene. They all took his money though didn`t they.
They just weren`t up to professional Rugby, when the dark side turned pro. No big crowds, big contracts for players, they just could not afford.

Jeff

I can he promised them money and didn't give it to them he backed down when things got hard.He has destroyed one of the oldest and great profestional clubs in England and made it in use for the great rugby league team, he i just in it for the money you fail good night. God help Wigan if they go down today.

Your talking out your arse, he is just a fookin business man, if your business going ***s up cause he going to pull out, but the point is Orrell were in deep shite BEFORE Dave Whelan took over.

He could of left the club in a better state.What about if he did the same to Wigan Warriors, you wouldn't be a happy chappy? 

It would be beyond my control, would need to win the Euro lottery. But he is not losing money with the Warriors ;)

It could be viewed that he ran them into the ground and then cynically took their assets. I'm all for a bit of cross-code rivalry but this is ridiculous. ;)

Latest posts