• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys 24- 16 Australia

R

Rugby_Cymru

Just wanted to give the boys a great congratulations and to tell everyone the final score for last night's game.
Wasn't exactly a great match, but the Ospres pulled together and ground out a good win.

It may have been Australia 'A' but Ospreys have lost 12 of their players to international duties for the month and when they pull out wins like that against an international squad nobody could call them a second string Osprey side.
We're proving to be an even better club the more we play and the more we come up with "shock defeats".

Ospreys 24- 16 Australia.

Just wondering who watched it and what your views are.
If you didn't watch it, what are your views on the result?

Surprised a bit but not overly, the second string Ospreys went and won at the Rec so they're definitely capable of decent results, this win just proves that.

Not to take anything from the Ofspreys win as it was a fantastic result, but it was hardly a strong Ouzzie side that was out either.

I still expect the convicts to pick up the win in Cardiff at the weekend.

hahah typical

I think the Ospreys lead a start for the weekend!

Althou weekend Australia a certain Geroge Smith played and a very very weak Ospreys side played!

Not to take anything from the Ofspreys win as it was a fantastic result, but it was hardly a strong Ouzzie side that was out either.

[/b]
it was still an international team tho, the best their country could offer. and they got sassed by a club team haha, when did that last happen to one of the top 5 nations?

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
it was still an international team tho, the best their country could offer. and they got sassed by a club team haha, when did that last happen to one of the top 5 nations?
[/b][/quote]

probably the Aussies back in 92 when they lost to Munster in Musgrave Park.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

probably the Aussies back in 92 when they lost to Munster in Musgrave Park.
[/b][/quote]

Ooh, ouch!
That couldn't have gone down too well in the Aus camp, because Swansea recorded a famous victory over them back in 1992 also!
Swansea 21 - 6 Australia.

Not bad for world champions. :p

Scuse me? the best their country could offer? theoretically, but we know in our heart of hearts that this isn't true.

Scuse me? the best their country could offer? theoretically, but we know in our heart of hearts that this isn't true.
[/b]

What do you mean "Heart of hearts?" You don't exactly have to dig deep down inside your soul to find the truth, you merely have to glance at the team sheet to see it was a second rate side.
But they are still internationals. They are still part of the 30 man squad chosen to come over here...so yes, they are some of the best their country has to offer.

But there's no shame in losing to the Ospreys...we're a pretty decent region. :D

The point is a second string international side should still beat a second string franchise, but it did so fair play to the Ospreys, surely there must be some in that team that are pushing for a first team place.

Latest posts