• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Glasgow

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Ospreys.png
Glasgow.png

Ospreys v Glasgow</div>

The Ospreys have included Lions duo Shane Williams and Alun Wyn Jones in the team for the Magners League match against Glasgow on Sunday.

Lee Byrne, Tommy Bowe and Adam Jones have all been rested.

James Hook remains at centre, while Sonny Parker is named as one of the replacments after recovering from a calf injury.

Prop Jon Welsh will make his professional debut for Glasgow Warriors with Kevin Tkachuk dropping out.

"We've talked about being more clinical, about being more ruthless," said Ospreys coach Jonathan Humphreys.

"Although we secured a good win in our last game against the Dragons, we know that there is still considerable room for improvement, so we have been working hard this week on getting that right.

"There'll be plenty of motivating factors for this one, not least is the desire to sign off at home for the season in a positive manner.

"You've got guys playing for a place in the Wales shirt, and you've also got people who haven't had much game time, through injury or whatever, so they are looking to make an impression as well."

Welsh, a product of Whitecraigs, signed for the Warriors last summer and said of his inclusion: "I'm immensely proud to get my first start for Glasgow.

"I'm a Glasgow boy so it's a dream come true to be starting this weekend's game for my professional team.

"It's been a tough year of training and everyone at the club has been really supportive.

"I'm really looking forward to the weekend and playing against an established side like the Ospreys with four British Lions in their squad."

Elsewhere in the Glasgow team, Eric Milligan replaces Dougie Hall and Dan Turner partners captain Alastair Kellock in the second row.

With John Barclay ruled out for the rest of the season, Calum Forrester is moved to openside flanker and Opeta Palepoi is named as blindside flanker.

Ospreys: Gareth Owen; Jonny Vaughton, James Hook, Andrew Bishop, Shane Williams; Dan Biggar, Jamie Nutbrown; Duncan Jones, Richard Hibbard, Cai Griffiths, Ian Gough, Alun Wyn Jones, Ryan Jones (Capt), Marty Holah, Filo Tiatia.
Replacements: Ed Shervington, Paul James, Filipo Levi, Steve Tandy, Rhodri Wells, Sonny Parker, Ashley Beck

Glasgow: Bernardo Stortoni; Lome Fa'atau, Max Evans, Graeme Morrison; Thom Evans; Ruaridh Jackson, Mark McMillan; Jon Welsh, Eric Milligan, Moray Low, Dan Turner, Alastair Kellock (Capt), Opeta Palepoi, Calum Forrester, Kelly Brown.
Replacements: Pat MacArthur, Justin Va'a, Tim Barker, James Eddie, Andrew Henderson, Colin Gregor, Hefin O'Hare

BBC Sport

Pointless match, and it will be a rubbish game. But it's my last at the Liberty for a while as I'm not season-ticketing next year - it being my last year at Uni, so I'll be belting them out. : -
Ospreys by 11.

Was an exciting game until Max Evans got injured and Clancy started going card crazy. Poor Max. :(

Latest posts