• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v London Irish

Agree that Shanes run was pretty special, came from nowhere!
Should've been a penalty to Irish though, the jump was dangerous and illegal.
Elsom almost got carded for doing to same thing last Autumn.

Also, how stupid are Ospreys for not taking another scrum then?! They just mullered the LI scrum several times on the 5m, but then took a kick at goal! There was a penaly try on the cards there

Just liked seeing Shane run from the ruck, around the defence, again making something out of nothing.
Should have been a penalty try...

Three more points from Biggar to end the half.
Not bad from the boot from him tonight, and Ospreys are gelling together well, as are Irish.
Hopefully the second half is as good as the first :)

Going to miss a bit of the second half, hopefully there will be highlights online or something :(
What was Bowe's try like? I've heard that Hook had some good runs (just tuned in a few minutes back, have to go again...)

17-6 HT to the O's.

It was quality, they spread the ball wide, Hook hit a great line, broke the defense then offloaded in the tackle, then the ball was shipped on to Bowe

lovely try by shane. Ospreys have reinforced that they are a group of awesome individuals however are they a great unified team?

Is it just me, or on the London Irish shirts, do they have a flag of their nation? Just in the middle of the chest

Hook is sensational in attack but tonight I have his tackling quite poor especially in the second half.

This the Ospreys know that a man down in defence (especially Jerry Collins) against Irish is a bad thing, so they're just picking and going for aaaaaaaaaaages

Also, the commentators described Feicarrssins ideal night in earler "Tommy Bowe clamped round his thighs"

my my my that was a cracking game, lots of good individual plays :D :D massive hits from both backrows and of course shane williams showing again that he's still got that spark that others just haven't got. Loved that little brake, just unfortunate that he got clattered by the cover defence :( :( Loved the hurdle :D But that try :D awesome stuff, classic :D cant wait to see that again on youtube :D :D (hoping someone puts it up). gonna be a very interesting weekend :D

p.s Anyone notice Ryan Jones's "I'm Fuc!ed" after he'd just gone off and on to the bench :p :p quite funny :D

Don't think Irish deserved to go home with nothing (losing BP would've been more fitting) but well done to the Ospreys, they were very good tonight. especially when they compeltely shut out all threat from LI when down to 14, made for pretty boring 8minutes, but if they'd've given up possession earlier it could've been a try for LI
Ryan Jones impressed me in the second row as well, and put in a truckload of effort around the field

Last edited:
I have always admired that Ryan Jones no matter where he's playing or who he's plaing against he will always give it his all.

don't know why irish kept going for the corner towards the end; 2 penalties would have been enough for a BP.

Don't think Irish deserved to go home with nothing (losing BP would've been more fitting) but well done to the Ospreys, they were very good tonight. especially when they compeltely shut out all threat from LI when down to 14, made for pretty boring 8minutes, but if they'd've given up possession earlier it could've been a try for LI
Ryan Jones impressed me in the second row as well, and put in a truckload of effort around the field

Don't agree that LI deserved a loosing bonus point. Apart from the last 15mins, they were barely in the game. If the Ospreys hadn't given away the intercept try I don't think LI would have been close, and the Ospreys may have ended up with a winning bonus point. Was good play from Ojo though to go for the intercept, and great strength to drag Hook over the line with him!

Loved the Shane Williams try, he's starting to get back to his best again. Anyone think that the clothes line over the line deserved at least a penalty on restart, if not a yellow card! I thought it was totally uneeded considering Shane was already over the line.

Hook was much better than last week, and is obviously taking a few games to get fully up to speed. Phillips also improving. Biggar was better, but he ****** me off something cronic with his complaining. Saw Hollah at some point giving him a bollocking (after the lineout thing where he tried to keep it in).

It was the Ospreys forwards I was impressed with though. Front row were excellent, good scrum time and Hibbard went well in the lineout. Hibbard had a negative impact on the game this week, instantly messing up his first lineout throw. Bevington was awesome when he came on, looks a great prospect. Alun-Wyn and Ryan Jones were excellent in the second-row, made a good partership and I can see it continuing. Alun-Wyn was excellent in the lineout, Ryan everywhere around the field. Backrow were good, Collins excellent untill his yellow. Hollah was a little quiter than usual, but went about his business well. Jon Thomas was decent again, but nothing special.

Good win, just what the Ospreys needed.

Yeah, we were really good tonight. Definitely the better side, and a fair result.
Still, I ******* hate Dan Biggar.

Lads I'll say it now IF Munster win tomorrow this group will come down to the 2 games between Munster and the Ospreys which will have a super say in what happens this pool.
But I must admit the Ospreys played excellent tonight in some areas and were enjoying to watch.

I haven't seen replays but tell me Shane's try was unbelievably amazing as I made out at the time?!

Saw some bits and pieces of the game. Ospreys played well and Jerry Collins is getting old

Latest posts