• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Paris - Pool 3

A

An Tarbh

Two wins for the Ospreys and they'll become only the second region in Wales to qualify for the knockout stages of the HEC.

A loss against Paris and the situation becomes a lot more tricky, with a dog fight with Sale for a possible runners-up spot.

The Ospreys have been savaged by injuries but have quite a strong squad, however you'd have expected that squad to put in a better performance against Leinster on Saturday so as an Ospreys fan that would certainy have me a tad concerned.

Paris lost a close game here last season so whether that serves as a motivation for them to get the win who knows, what's certainly true is that they'll need to kick their goals in this one as it should be a very tight game.

The Ospreys were playing 5th/6th string players in some positions against Leinster , Then you had a couple of 3rd string players , The only 1st team player ( and it is arguable ) was Brent Cockbain.

The Ospreys team for the game against Stade is:

15 Lee Byrne
14 Shane Williams/ Stefan Terblanche
13 Andrew Bishop
12 Gavin Henson
11 Nikki Walker/ Richard Mustoe
10 James Hook
9 Justin Marshall

8 Ryan Jones
7 Steve Tandy
6 Filo Tiatia
5 Alun Wyn Jones
4 Brent Cockbain
3 Adam Jones
2 Barry Williams
1 Duncan Jones (Capt)

Replacements:

16 Ed Shervington
17 Paul James
18 Mike Powell
19 Andy Lloyd
20 Jason Spice
21 Shaun Connor
22 Stefan Terblanche/ Tal Selley

There are late fitness tests for Nikki Walker and Shane Williams ( I hope they both pass )

Players out of contention are Jonathon Thomas , Ian Evans , Sonny Parker and Huw Bennet there are alot more injuries but the Four I just mentioned are major players.

Never the less I will be down the Liberty supporting my team on Sunday , C'mon the Ospreys!!!!

The Ospreys can win this match. I find their forwards, especially the N°8 stronger than usual for a Welsh side and their halves and backs are very impressive. If they manage to keep the ball more than their opponents the victory will be for them.

I expect Paris to play a forward oriented game a bit à la Munster but not sure this works. Paris don't have this Iron pack they had two years ago when for them home or away was the same.

for f*** sake, we were f***ing robbed by the stuped pink ******** cheating f***ing oap dominici

Tame first half not helped by White's constant whistle blowing and howling errors throughout but much better affair in the second half.

Ospreys by no means out of it, don't know what Sky are talking about to be honest. A win next week puts them on 20 points. Leicester will probably lose and not get a bp next week so that's them stuck on 19 and I don't fancy Wasps to take anything from their trip to France considering their away form this season so no need to panic yet for the Ospreys, bonus point win should seal it, that said I wouldn't back against Sale either, they do need the bp but 20 points could well be enough for them

What is it with the French - they muscle the Welsh around for an hour, build up a decent lead, then watch the Welsh rip them to shreds?

Paul Wallace had it right - Marshall's sniping game changed the attack, and Stade couldn't adjust their defence. If I were in the Stade pack, I'd drag Pichot and Boxis into a ruck and give them a good hammering. Pichot is just annoying, but Boxis is a plank - he made several howling mistakes. Stupid git.

The Sale match is going to be real interesting - I think it's on before Leicester's last gasp.

makes it a little more interesting given that both teams won't exactly know the permutations, should make for quite an attacking, open game.

draw was a fair result imo plus we wouldn't have heard the end of it had the drop goal gone over :p

makes it a little more interesting given that both teams won't exactly know the permutations, should make for quite an attacking, open game.
[/b]

I thought Henson had the drop kick, pity it sailed just wide!
[/b]

Munster v Leicester: ROG isn't the same as Henson - he WILL get the winning dropgoal. :cheers:

I can't wait till the Ospreys come to EP, It'll hopefully encourage some exciting play seeing as both teams need a BP>

Any Ospreys fans making the trip, never been to HEC game, so I don't know?

BM

Latest posts