• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Treviso

How many did Bowe score?? :p

I would welcome Italian teams in the Magners league, 2-3 regions would be about right I reckon. Would it benefit Italian rugby in the long term as much as getting there domestic league up to scratch would though?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 6 2008, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would welcome Italian teams in the Magners league, 2-3 regions would be about right I reckon. Would it benefit Italian rugby in the long term as much as getting there domestic league up to scratch would though?[/b]

If it happened, hopefully it would draw the Italian players playing in France and England back to the Italian clubs. Realistically, if all the top players, Parisse, Castrogiovanni etc. etc. were playing for one of two regional teams, they'd be there of there abouts in the Magners (mid table?) and wouldn't be the wost in HC.

I think that's what their main priority should be, and if joining the Magners allows them to do that, great. But I wouldn't be happy for them to join if they continue the way they are with 10+ foreigners in their team, who'd that help?

@ Danny, I see where your coming from. I suppose the Italian sides have been falling way behind again in the last few years.

Edit. arg was menna edit that into my other posts, oops.

Sadly it as reached the stage where those teams with Italian opposition in their pool have an advantage over teams in other pools. This is especially relevant when it comes to reaching the quarters when coming second in their pool because of the relative ease of points aganist the Italians.

It may help but there's never been a year as far as I know where both runners-up have come from both Italian pools, makes it easier no doubt but it still hasn't happened as far as I'm aware.

Latest posts