goodNumber10

International
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
London Wasps
any thoughts on this? *sorry if this is the wrong place*

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26368211

The Rugby Football Union (RFU) has opened an investigation after a match ticket allocated to Owen Farrell was sold on a secondary ticketing website.

Seems like he didn't know how it ended up there, but could face his allocation being suspended ala Haskell.

Strange,
Really doubt he'd have put it up himself (gets thousands (tens of?) in international match bonuses, doubt a couple of hundred more would've been worth the risk.
More likely he gave it to a mate who then decided to flog it

Haha, pays to read the article first as it does basically say all of that. Doesn't sound like Farrell did anything wrong other than have a greedy friend. Should just suspend his ticket allocation - if any of his family want to watch then I'm sure his dad can pull a few strings...

Last edited:
I think the only trouble with Farrell is he lets himself go over the line a few times . I can understand why he rubs some people up the wrong way in the same way as mike Phillips does

Farrell is a cheap shot merchant, its never a good look.

I think his main problem though is that he's not actually that talented.

Farrell is a cheap shot merchant, its never a good look.

I think his main problem though is that he's not actually that talented.

You don't to be a british lion without a massive chunk of talent... 20 and lining up for England and goal kicking?

come on, the lad oozes talent... just not running (and he's addressing that).

Ford?
Burns last season?
Flood most seasons?

Farrell has very rarely been the best possible option, if at all.

You don't to be a british lion without a massive chunk of talent... 20 and lining up for England and goal kicking?

come on, the lad oozes talent... just not running (and he's addressing that).

There's no shortage of Lions who, compared to everyone else there, were relatively mediocre. Just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

Which is how he ended up starting for Saracens, how he started for England. Luck. There's at least one and possibly two more talented fly-halves than Farrell at Saracens alone. But an injury crisis put Farrell in the driving seat at Saracens, a strong team that made him look better than he was, which means he was in for England consideration when all of the other alternatives were injured as well.

The main thing he's got is determination and composure, although not as much of the latter as commentators will tell you, and being difficult to injure and good in defence. Only one of those is really what people call talent.

I thought Biggar deserved to go on the Lions tour ahead of Farrell. It still boggles my mind that he isn't being picked for Wales.

Let's be honest if it wasn't for his dad he wouldn't be playing for England. Simple as that.

I think the Dad as a coach thing is a bit overstated, remember Mike Catt is also a backs coach and Lancaster has final day on selection. At the time of his first selection Farrell was one of three (along with Flood and Hodgson) sensible options for the EPS. Having his Dad become England coach may have helped him become first choice but I think the fact he has stayed there has less to do with that.

Peat raises a good point about Sarries though. Last Friday against Bath when Goode had to play 10 he was a mile better than I've seen Farrell play this season.

Doesn't sound like Farrell did anything wrong other than have a greedy friend. Should just suspend his ticket allocation - if any of his family want to watch then I'm sure his dad can pull a few strings...

^^This^^ Hard to see any reason why Farrell shouldn't be treated the same as Haskell.

I can't understand why this requires an investigation to be opened. Surely the RFU must record the name of the person the ticket is issued to. If not, then they should start doing so!

Latest posts