• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Owen Finegan

A

alijk1989

Where will the great Aussie back rower be going now that Rob Andrew has let him go? Also where will Stuart Grimes and David Walder be going? I know they are not World Class Players but they can still put out good performances.

Heard that he might be on his way to Leinster which would only be about 3 years too late but he wouldn't count as a foreigner so that might sway Cheika to give him one last hurrah.

Owen Finnegan isn't really that "great".

The Newcastle fans nicknamed him 'Melon' at the start of the season.

This changed to 'Lemon' partway through the campaign.

I think it is a bit Harsh on Dave Walder. He has carried the Falcons while 'Jonny' has been crocked, but now he has played a few games he's chucked. What will happen when he breaks down again. Oh yeah, bring in hins brother.(Is HE still there?)

BM

By judging by yesterdays performance Wilko is back to his best
I wouldn't expect anything else but silly comments from Sale fans
Take of your tinted glasses
Move over hodgson the master has returned big style :cheers: :cheers:
Dave Walder dug his own grave when he got subbed against irish in the erc challenge semi ,he just walked straight the pitch and sat in the stands in the huff and spoke to no-one on the bench when subbed
We are well rid of melon,free transfer up for grabs
Any takers???

Melon has been his nickname forever and he was a "Great" player before he retired to NH rugby.

He came with a reputation as a good player but leaves with a reputation as a money grabber
i have seen dead snails play better rugby than him
If he showed the same attitude as Matt Burke (who has signed a new 2 year contract for the Falcons) he would have been okay

I ain't so keen on TOO many SH imports. They just seem to be mercenaries. Take Justin Marshall. I had a bit of respect for him, just like I had for Mehrtens. However that quickly disappeared when he left them! Gypo.

BM

Don't really see why this needs a thread of its own. All Falcons releases have already been mentioned in the Transfers thread.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 7 2006, 10:48 PM
Melon has been his nickname forever and he was a "Great" player before he retired to NH rugby.
i don't think he was a "Great" player, he was a good player but not a "Great" player. Burke was a "great" player not finegan.
Kefu was the last "Great" loose forward australia had not counting George Smith..

I've seen The Lemon play a few times up here, and, particularly against Bath, he was an bloody embarassment. Really gives hard-working ex-southern hemisphere internationals like Burke a bad name. He's either totally passed it, or doesn't care. Or both. Good riddance to him.

Originally posted by Black-Monday@May 7 2006, 11:06 PM
I ain't so keen on TOO many SH imports. They just seem to be mercenaries. Take Justin Marshall. I had a bit of respect for him, just like I had for Mehrtens. However that quickly disappeared when he left them! Gypo.

BM
Once again I ask.

Why do you think New Zealanders go overseas at the end of their carrers?

Because they can't play for the All Blacks when their not centrally contracted may me a point.

Especially when you consider Reihana would rip the **** out of Muliaina.

lol, Reihana is a hack.

The only reason you dumbarses have a hard on for him is because he carves up your so called "tougher" leagues.

If New Zealand could offer the same sort of coin the English and French clubs could I would say at least 70% of players would stay in New Zealand.

Bring Burkey and Finegan back to the SH. Give the force Owen for some 'ardness and Burkey anywhere.

Originally posted by Ripper@May 11 2006, 12:34 AM
lol, Reihana is a hack.
Serious question - have you actually watched him play in recent seasons?

Originally posted by Ripper@May 10 2006, 11:34 PM
If New Zealand could offer the same sort of coin the English and French clubs could I would say at least 70% of players would stay in New Zealand.
Doubt it, the NZ teams are full of Fijians.

I would hardly call 2 Players of Fijian descent (One who came here when he was 5 (Rocokoko) and the Other (Sivivatu) wasn't wanted by Fiji until the AB's became interested) making our team "Full of Fijians."

Does that mean that the 2003 English Team was "full of South Africans" because of Abbot and Mike Catt?

I find it funny how english always neglect the fact that half our international cricket and rugby teams aren't strictly english.

It annoys me somewhat, imagine some foreigner wearing your england jersey if you were up to that level.

BM

Latest posts