Datarock
Justice
Caged Baby
Dr. Lektroluv
Erol Alkan

70 or so more to be announced

Oxegen; Friday 6th, Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th of July
Punchestown, Co. Kildare, Ireland

Tickets go back on sale Friday the 2nd of March.

Yeah im pretty disappointed so far. There'll be more good ones announced out of the 70 more.

<div class='quotemain'>
I would go to watch 11 ish of those bands...
[/b]

I call your 11. Only 9 I'd want to go and see personally. [/b][/quote]

1 Muse
2 Snow Patrol
3 The Killers
4 The Fratellis
5 Daft Punk
6 Arcade Fire
7 Klaxons
8 Razorlight
9 The Kooks
10 My chemical Romance
11 Kings Of Leon

Actually, make it 10 for me. I'd go and see Babyshambles just for an excuse to throw things at them.

I see your 10 and i raise (or is that lower) you 5.

Snow Patrol
The Fratellis
My Chemical Romance
Rzorlight
The Kooks

You missed Muse off your list. I'm pretty sure that's some form of musical blasphemy.

The Kooks wouldn't actually be on mine, I can't stand them anymore - they've been Radio Oned to death.

Snow Patrol
The Killers
The Fratellis
Daft Punk
BabyShambles
Mika
Klaxons
Scissor Sisters
The Kooks
The Goo Goo Dolls
Deep Dish
Booka Shade
Frankie Knuckles
M.A.N.D.Y
Datarock
Justice
Erol Alkan

I'd be most excited about seeing Daft Punk
!

You missed Muse off your list. I'm pretty sure that's some form of musical blasphemy.
[/b]

I've heard endless amounts of praise for Muse - hell, even radio 2 listeners voted them best live band for the Brits...altho i didn't know radio 2 listeners would have even heard of muse - but they just don't float my boat.
A couple of AMAZING songs, i can't deny that.
New Born, Muscle Museum (both of which i ADORE playing on my guitar), but it literally is just a handful of songs that i like.

I'm a bit of a Muse fanboi. I even have a poster. That's how cool I am.

Hysteria has one of my favourite intros of all time. And IMO their new album is arguably the best they've done.

Never got round to seeing them live though, which is a must.

• Muse
  • Snow Patrol
  • The Killers
  • Daft Punk
  • Wu Tang Clan
  • Scissor Sisters
  • The Goo Goo Dolls
  • My Chemical Romance

A solid 7 for me

Muse
Snow Patrol
The Killers
The Fratellis
Mika
Razorlight
Kings Of Leon

So in other words, it's a pretty shitty festival. Almost as bad as Reading 2004. Or any Glastonbury hippie-fest.

Wait!
I didn't initially see Goo Goo Dolls on there.
Ok, you can make mine a cracking 6 now.

it's alrite

Muse
Snow Patrol
The Killers
Interpol
The Fratellis
Daft Punk
BabyShambles
Arcade Fire
Wu Tang Clan
Mika
Klaxons
Razorlight
Scissor Sisters
James Morrison
Kings Of Leon
The Kooks
The Goo Goo Dolls

I'd see all of them and that's just cause i've never heard any of the others and my chemical romance f***in freak twat crap. GIRLS WEAR MAKE-UP!! Do they think they look cool or somethin??

There's gonna b more announced anyway. And there's rumours of radiohead and arctic monkeys.

Besides im goin more 4 the banter than the music. It's meant 2 be UNREAL Banter.

I'd see all of them and that's just cause i've never heard any of the others and my chemical romance f***in freak twat crap. GIRLS WEAR MAKE-UP!! Do they think they look cool or somethin??
[/b]

I do enjoy people criticising MCR purely because they dress like idiots.

I love them, but feel no desire to wear make-up, girls jeans, or any of the other crap they have going on.

The music is some of the best around at the moment, they've produced a couple of superb albums now.

Shame it's in Ireland tho, could have been somewhere better.
[/b]
like wales?? nigs

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I do enjoy people criticising MCR purely because they dress like idiots.

I love them, but feel no desire to wear make-up, girls jeans, or any of the other crap they have going on.

The music is some of the best around at the moment, they've produced a couple of superb albums now.
[/b][/quote]
I disagree. From a musician's point of view emo is just a more solemn equivalent of punk which is just power chords. The simplest type of music to play. No challenge.
I mean MCR are by no stretch of the imagination in anyway memorable. Them, fallout boy, panic at the disco, etc are all just of the same whiny genre of crap. I like my music with a bitta attitude which is exactly what the fratellis are swimming in. Can't wait to see Chelsea Dagger live.
I know snow patrol are a bit whiny, btw, but i just think their music's nicer. easy listenin.

I like the Fratellis and MCR. There is a big difference between MCR and Fallout Boy or PANIC in my mind though.

I can't quite put my finger on it. MCR, although being 'emo' (which I still think is a very vague social group) have more in common with old style rock. Nothing wrong with some good solid power chords.

Muse would still be my number one from that list though, the variation in their music is what really gets me hooked I think.

Wait d'you know who I'd love to see?? The super Furry animals and flaming lips. They're wicked!!!

Latest posts