• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paddy Jackson & Stuart Olding Face Rape Charges

Well, in my personal opinion, anybody who speaks like that about a woman or man he/she has had sex with, it's a dirtbag. It's only appropiate to this day and age to talk about someone you banged with a name lesser than human: skank, whore, *****, etc, and then brag about it in whatsapp group, which is childish and ominous but actually quite harmless thing to do. This is the stereotypical anglosaxon knob: going to other places to have sex with some local woman and then brag about it with your mates in a pub when comingback from devastating Mallorca puking evertwhere. I can almost see Paddy Jackson's shrimp tan from here.

But, and here it comes: Paddy Jackson is a hell of a rugby player. A rugby team sacking a competent rugby player seems to me quite wrong. There's no way out of that.

That's the part I have an issue with. They clearly hurt the girl in some way, she may have been eager to do the act initially, but she was not ok with being treated like she didn't exist after. The two players lack basic human compassion in that regard, when someone allows you to be that intimate with them you I believe you do have a duty of care beyond what the law requires to ensure it isn't a negative experience like this. The WhatsApp group is almost immaterial to this, it's just evidence that the claimant was just a body to the accused, it's fair to presume they've treated girls badly in the past as a result and that's what the IRFU don't want to be associated with and fairly so.

I'm going to ignore the bolded because it's misinformed and clearly a personal gripe.

Getting rid of Jackson just adds to the endless evidence that sport is a business, Ireland will make more money without Jackson. If it was Conor Murray, who has been caught up in a similar but less severe event, it may have been different for example. Losing Jackson harms us but because it doesn't make us uncompetitive it doesn't really effect business.

I have no personal gripe with the Irish; I've been to cork, to dublin and Belfast. My favourite island-country by far.
But i was raised in US partly, and this stereotype of english-speaking young adult male (i hope this decription is wide enough) talking like that about girls they've had sex with is just soooo much of a stereotype... Paddy Jackson could be a college boy from his texts. It's not just this particular kind of guy, but is awfully common in English speaking countries.
Then again, I would hire him as a rugby player; just wouldn't like him close to my sister.

Your description is so wide to the point that it's absolute b0llocks. You do realize "English speaking young adult-male" encompasses hundreds of millions (billions?) of people from a wide array of cultures, from all over the world. If you're referencing Irish and British fellas then that's also b0llocks. There are sleazebags and arseholes in all cultures, it's not particular to us and it's not an "Anglo-Saxon" thing (for the record the majority of Irish people are not Anglo-Saxon). I've met plenty of Latino men who are sexist dicks and treat women like shi,t. Do I paint it as a Latino thing? No, because that's generalizing and just a bit stupid. Your comments are a personal vindication on whatever gripe you have with Irish and British people.

Kinda sounds like you're talking about frat boy culture which is really not prevalent this side of the pond.

One of the few French lads I knew last year loved telling me about who he was riding... Other that that I don't know a lot of people who boast about their sex lives, of course neither me, nor any of my friends have ever had sex which is completely normal for a group of 22 year olds according to my priest.

I will be interested as to where they will go. I can't see a club in the UK taking them. France/Italy is a possibility. As is Japan and South African. Not sure about New Zealand or Australia.

Police investigating rape allegation against "major Irish sports star" in Dublin. Hope they get to the truth of it quickly and there are no rugby players involved.

I was gonna say, outside of Ireland the only stars would be McGregor, McIlroy and Rugby players

Gaelic sports, soccer players and boxers.

It also doesn't need to be an A Lister, it was reported as sports person in broadsheets, it was the red tops that wrote "star".

The rumours on twitter are McGregor but then again they would be...

Edit: any active rugby players are more or less safe considering it happened in the wee hours on Monday. If any Ster players were out it'd have been when they got back from Bath the day before and even that is unlikely.

There's a name circulating but it'd be unfair to speculate here. I hope that if the allegations are true, the perpetrator gets a long custodial sentence.

Latest posts