Paris v Perpignan

Discussion in 'Top 14 & Rugby Pro D2' started by An Tarbh, Jan 31, 2009.

1. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

What the hell is Chris White doing reffing this game?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

surprised that Beauxis isn't starting at 10 today, I know they're billing this one as Carter v Hernandez but surely it's better for Beauxis that he starts at 10 given he's the only fly half in the French squad. They may switch during the game but surely that won't be the case next week.

4. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Can't be arsed to watch it through a faulty feed. Keep us up to date on the Carter v Hernandez battle please, Tarbh.

5. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

to be honest I'm more interested in the form of Beauxis, if his kicks are anything like the last one next week there'll be plenty of happy campers at Croker, that said now he'll probably not miss a thing now,

6. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

or get in for Paris' first try.

7. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

another miss for Beauxis, this time hitting the post from 55m out.

8. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

goodness that was clearly short, no need to go to the video ref there. Wouldn't be a Paris match without a drop attempt from el mago.

9. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Mermoz was lucky not to lose control of that but just about held on, definintely a try.

Game on now. 13-10

10. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

13-13 now. Bastaureaud sent off for a second yellow card.

1 minute left, have we time for a winner?

11. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

no point in trying a drop from that far out Beauxis

12. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Porrical short with the kick but on we play

edit - FT now

13. monkeypigeon

monkeypigeon Guest

Carter played better than Hernandez, then again he's a better 15.

14. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jan 31 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    then again it's pointless comparing any modern player to Carter, there's nobody who can hold a candle to him

15. MunsterMan

MunsterMan Guest

Matt Giteau. Scary to think he could do behind the All Blacks pack.

16. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jan 31 2009, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    don't see the point in even debating this, original point still stands

17. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

wonder how long Carter's holiday to South Africa will be delayed now that he's picked up an ankle injury at the end of today's match.

18. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 31 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    then again it's pointless comparing any modern player to Carter, there's nobody who can hold a candle to him
    [/b][/quote]
    Hernandez comes closest though.
    His form at the WC was unreal; he was magic throughout.

19. KZNSharksFan

KZNSharksFan Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 1 2009, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]
    [/b][/quote]

Come on. Watch 3 games of super 14 where Carter's playing and even on a bad day you'll see that he's magic. Twice the player Hernandez has ever been. I'm not exaggerating, he is way better than Hernandez and more consistent which is possibly more important! He is a rugby genius and possibly the greatest player to ever walk the earth.

20. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jan 31 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    You just did.

21. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jan 31 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]
    [/b][/quote]

Come on. Watch 3 games of super 14 where Carter's playing and even on a bad day you'll see that he's magic. Twice the player Hernandez has ever been. I'm not exaggerating, he is way better than Hernandez and more consistent which is possibly more important! He is a rugby genius and possibly the greatest player to ever walk the earth.
    [/b][/quote]

not an exageration for me, he's certainly the greatest 10 I've ever seen, probably Barry John and Jack Kyle are the only northern fly halves you'd even think about comparing to him, I'd swear to God anyone who mentions sicknote gets a neg rep.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!