• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Passing Like The Pros

Though if you are passing over anything but a short pop pass, spin can be quite important. It helps keep the ball straight and true, not wobbling all over the place, especially in windy conditions. It'll improve the accuracy of your pass hugely also.

Not to mention it'll also make your passes more predictable to receive for your fellow teams. They won't have worry about how the ball is gonna land in their arms or hands, AND then repositioning the ball in their hands for the pass they might need to make.

The thing about the spin pass is that it takes more time than a regular pop pass, so there are some situations where a simple pass is way better.

Charles is right. Once, my coach noticed that I sent spinning passes every time and told me that not every pass has to spin, especially if your teammate is right behind or next to you.

Charles is right. Once, my coach noticed that I sent spinning passes every time and told me that not every pass has to spin, especially if your teammate is right behind or next to you. [/b]

Longer than 6 or 7 meters i'd spin shorter wrist flick it, especially in the back line.

<div class='quotemain'> Charles is right. Once, my coach noticed that I sent spinning passes every time and told me that not every pass has to spin, especially if your teammate is right behind or next to you. [/b]

Longer than 6 or 7 meters i'd spin shorter wrist flick it, especially in the back line.
[/b][/quote]

That's what you do when you launch the backline or want to pass flat. If you're into a gap, say the 15 comes in between 12 and 13 it'll be much easier and effective to just pop it with 2 hands to the winger, but it depends on how close is the 2nd line defender, of course.

to me is natural each pass go in a diferent technich
[/b]

Maybe that's not such a good thing. Different techniques are intended for different situations.

<div class='quotemain'>
to me is natural each pass go in a diferent technich
[/b]

Maybe that's not such a good thing. Different techniques are intended for different situations.
[/b][/quote]

I want to say that is automatic in difents situation the pass go out in a different way

I want to say that is automatic in difents situation the pass go out in a different way
[/b]

Oh! Sorry about the misunderstanding! Actually that's what it's all about. Practise enough so passes will come out naturally.

<div class='quotemain'>I want to say that is automatic in difents situation the pass go out in a different way
[/b]

Oh! Sorry about the misunderstanding! Actually that's what it's all about. Practise enough so passes will come out naturally.
[/b][/quote]

You don't have to apologize my englsh is too poor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DC @ Apr 11 2008, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
stringers pass is ****.

watch kelleher's his pass is absolute dynomite.[/b]
I'm with you on that one. His balls are as fast and accurate as laser guided rockets, it's awesome to watch. Peter Stringer had indeed not the most desirable pass. If you really want speed and accuracy as scrum half, try to point your entire body to you target, so when you shift your weight and swing your arms, it will always go towards your target. Good luck practising

Spin is the least important thing to concentrate on when passing. Get a good wide stance (feet position has a lot to do with a good pass) and bring your hands across your body with out too much vertical movement and just try and get it accurate. Forget spin, its much more important to have a fast accurate pass.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tomsey @ Feb 2 2010, 04:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Spin is the least important thing to concentrate on when passing. Get a good wide stance (feet position has a lot to do with a good pass) and bring your hands across your body with out too much vertical movement and just try and get it accurate. Forget spin, its much more important to have a fast accurate pass.[/b]
A spin pass Is fast and accurate.

A spin-pass is by far the quickest way to deliver a ball on a set-play/backline move, but the most important thing is the choice of pass. As easy as it is to spin a miss pass wide for speed, it is as easy as well for the opponent to telegraph it and intercept a la Mortlock, JdV.

Sometimes, a pop or messy flipped pass is the best option. Just get it to your pass weighted right and timed well.

Don't bother passing, it's only for them nancy boys in the backline. Up the jumper I say!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 9 2010, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Don't bother passing, it's only for them nancy boys in the backline. Up the jumper I say![/b]
venter-415x275copy.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Feb 10 2010, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A spin-pass is by far the quickest way to deliver a ball on a set-play/backline move[/b]

i disagree. catching the ball and just moving it "hot potato style" has to be quicker as it doesn't involve shifting your hands into position, as spin passing does.

Latest posts