• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PC game pads!

B

best_fullback

PC gamers!.....

what is a good pc ps2 type game pad that will work well for rugby 06. had one previously but the sticks didnt respond for games such as fifa when doing right stick moves (that would translate as hand off and sidestep in rugby 06)

cheers guys xx

PC gamers!.....

what is a good pc ps2 type game pad that will work well for rugby 06. had one previously but the sticks didnt respond for games such as fifa when doing right stick moves (that would translate as hand off and sidestep in rugby 06)

cheers guys xx
[/b]

Well the game supports the following:

Gravis® Eliminator Aftershock™
Gravis® Eliminator Gamepad Pro™
Logitech® Dual Action™
Logitech® Rumblepad 2™ - This is what I have, relatively cheap, robust and very close to PS2 pad.
Logitech® Rumblepad 2 Cordless™

The following controllers consist of button configurations that do not match either the controller diagrams or game tutorials.

Belkin® Nostromo N50 Speed Pad™
EMS® Joypad Converter™
Gravis® Gamepad Pro USB™
Interact® Hammerhead FX™
Interact® Axis Pad Colors™
Logitech® Rumblepad Cordless™
MadCatz® PC Control Pad Pro™
Mayflash® Super Dual Box™
Microsoft Xbox 360™ Controller for Windows®
Nyko® Air Flo EX™
Play.com® USB Dual PS2 to PC Convertor XP™
Saitek® P880™
Saitek® P990™
Saitek® P2500 Rumblepad (Cyborg Force Rumble Pad)™
Saitek® P2600 Rumblepad™
Saitek® P2900 Wireless Pad™
Saitek® P3000 Wireless Pad™
Speed-Link® SL-6540 Bullfrog Pad™
Thrustmaster® Firestorm Dual Power 3™
Thrustmaster® Wireless Dual Trigger™
Thrustmaster® Dual Trigger Force Gamepad PS2/PC 3.2™
Thrustmaster® Rechargeable Dual Trigger Wireless 2in1 2.0™

Saitek P880 may not match the set configuration, but it's a quality pad.

I use one and would quite happily recommend it to anyone.

i have a logitech dual action game pad and it does the trick. the thing with it though the right analog stick doesnt get used on the pc for some reason. we have to hold down one of the other buttons. But the right game pad works fine for games like NBA live and NHL on my pc.

i had a nostromo game pad but the configuration on that was stupid to pass left and right i had to use the l1 and l2 buttons and for speed it was r2 and r1 was the button to trigger the sidestep etch

dont mean to be a nuisance but ive had controllers not work very well on me before, i was intending on buying the dual action gamepad, what buttons do you have to press for the special moves???

xx

i think its l2 and one of the face buttons, ill have to get in the game to test it again, i just do it automatically nowdays.

I have a Logitech dual action game pad too, had it for a year & no problems. I also got a Logic3 dual action (which is more or less the same) but with the Logic3, the buttons are numbered up differently to the Logitech pad. This is a pain if you are on a game where you cannot change the control layout (though very rare to not have this option missing nowadays). The logitech pad is numbered correctly.

Like Woosaah said, I played Rugby 05 with the logic3 pad & I had to use buttons 7 & 8 (R1 & R2 on PS2) to pass left and right, which was very confusing. Also kicking out of hand was button 2 (which is Triangle on PS2).

Below is a picture of a Logitech dual action game pad. You can pick up one of these for around £15.

logitech%20gamepad%20dual%20action.jpg

Hey get a ps2 adapter for the pc. Its cheaper than a controller and it works fine. I dont know what stores to get them from because i got mine from an auction site. But yeah thats definantly worth it if you can get one.

Hey get a ps2 adapter for the pc. Its cheaper than a controller and it works fine. I dont know what stores to get them from because i got mine from an auction site. But yeah thats definantly worth it if you can get one.
[/b]
Not all PS2 adapters work. Mine maps the buttons wrongly, so I had to splash out on a Logitech Rumblepad 2. Was a pretty good deal tho, cos I got it for a tenner off Amazon :D

My one worked. All i had to do was install the software and it works perfectly fine.

My one worked. All i had to do was install the software and it works perfectly fine.
[/b]
And all the buttons are mapped to the right commands in the game? With mine, all the kicks were in the wrong places, compared to the PS2 version. Sure you can get used to it over time, but why should you have to play with wrongly-mapped keys?

Latest posts