• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PC Version?

V99ish

Academy Player
When I saw the News for Rugby 2012 I was absolutely over the moon - finally a new version of the BEST Rugby game ever!

MY exictment though was as quickly shattered as it was started.

Why is there only a PS3 and Xbox 360 logo? Confused I came to The Rugby Forum. I've been lurking around these forums ever since Rugby 08 came out, regularly DLing new faces, kits and roster patches.

Upon searching the forums I still couldn't get a clear answer if the game was coming to PC.
I can only conclude that it isn't coming to PC...

But I ask myself.
Why would HB Studio gets the Rugby Forum onside if there wasn't going to be a PC version?
The whole massive brilliant outstanding modding community that's on this forum mod the PC version of Rugby 06 and 08 right? So why on Earth would you make a new Rugby game that isn't coming to PC?!

Can someone please clear up if there is going to be a PC version or not?
If there isn't... WHY NOT?! :(

It's not looking unlikely because the last versions probably weren't supported by enough people. Much like the new Cricket game coming out later this year, they dropped PC because of lack of people paying for it.

Yeah, I'm going to be annoyed if there isn't a PC version. I have no desire to buy a PS3/360 so it kind of leaves me up **** creek if they don't.

EA, if they are publishing this, have gone all wobbly when it comes to putting their sports games on PC.

I'd like a handheld version, prefrably for DS, please. If not I'll send Filo Tiatia round to HB and he'll sort it out for me.

It's not looking unlikely because the last versions probably weren't supported by enough people. Much like the new Cricket game coming out later this year, they dropped PC because of lack of people paying for it.

true but I would say one of the big reasons HB choose to partner with TRF was probably the continued interest in 08 with all the mods made here for the pc version. like I said in another thread I would probably get it also on console to play with everyone else on TRF.

It's very early days. Games that have started out 360 only have made it to PS3. Some have, some haven't. Sometimes there are what is known as "timed exclusives". At the end of the day, we have to wait and see. 3 weeks ago, there was NO RUGBY GAME ON THE HORIZON. Now I'm astonished at some of the things being asked for. Let's just realise that HB have a lot to decide on and work through and we can't judge, jury and execution them on what has been shown thus far.

There's a long way to go yet before the game is released, I wouldn't worry just yet, but I will try and seek some clarification.

Thanks for the replies guys - I really hope sales are huge for the 360 and PS3 so they will hopefully create the PC version. If they do I'll be one of the first to pre-order it.

The PC versions of nearly all EA ***les have been quashed i think. Too much piracy, and that is kind of our fault.. or the small minority which spoil it for the rest. HB/EA should release the game online only. It's not the modding that's illegal, it's just the copying of the game which negates a sale.

My solution would be to pay a reasonable subscription charge for a proper yearly update of the game, available online from one sole distributor, and only valid paying subscribers will be able to get it. If that was the case, then i'm sure every sale of the game could be 'tagged', and the one(s) that end up as a torrent, will be identified (by someone tracking the piracy of the games), and then tracked to the subscriber.. who they can then take the legal action against.

It's very early days. Games that have started out 360 only have made it to PS3. Some have, some haven't. Sometimes there are what is known as "timed exclusives". At the end of the day, we have to wait and see. 3 weeks ago, there was NO RUGBY GAME ON THE HORIZON. Now I'm astonished at some of the things being asked for. Let's just realise that HB have a lot to decide on and work through and we can't judge, jury and execution them on what has been shown thus far.

To be fair, we're the ones who'll be paying for it, and the last game was crap, and we will have been made to wait four years for the next one when all is said and done.

To be fair, we're the ones who'll be paying for it, and the last game was crap, and we will have been made to wait four years for the next one when all is said and done.

To a certain extent bala fair enough.

Still a few points.

I'll be paying for it too.
If the last game was "crap" then your going too far surely? Crap is like 3 or 4 out of 10 to me. The worst I can say about it is that it was average when compared to how much it was improved from '05 to '06.
No one made you wait four years, many "fans" downloaded '06 to death. You can thank them a lot more than you can EA or HB Studios for the wait and to a certain extent the PC version issue. If more copies had sold of the last couple of games then we'd of had another rugby game by now. So, perhaps take a look at the "fans" maybe? Anyhow, during that four years, I'm sure you weren't waiting in a corner for a rugby game. I bet you had a life with plenty to do. Didn't you? :)

Be aware though folks. We're a polite amicable bunch here on TRF, but we have our own opinions too and our admins and mods are as likely to express them as any other fan.

To a certain extent bala fair enough.

Still a few points.

I'll be paying for it too.
If the last game was "crap" then your going too far surely? Crap is like 3 or 4 out of 10 to me. The worst I can say about it is that it was average when compared to how much it was improved from '05 to '06.
No one made you wait four years, many "fans" downloaded '06 to death. You can thank them a lot more than you can EA or HB Studios for the wait and to a certain extent the PC version issue. If more copies had sold of the last couple of games then we'd of had another rugby game by now. So, perhaps take a look at the "fans" maybe? Anyhow, during that four years, I'm sure you weren't waiting in a corner for a rugby game. I bet you had a life with plenty to do. Didn't you? :)

Be aware though folks. We're a polite amicable bunch here on TRF, but we have our own opinions too and our admins and mods are as likely to express them as any other fan.

It's a rugby game where you get turned over every 3-4 tackles, thus making it impossible to run the ball. Every player on the pitch is concentrated in an area the size of a telephone booth. It is an absolutely crap game.

And of course people are going to download it, everyone knows that. If they have a problem with that they should get another job because that isn't going to change anytime soon.

It's a rugby game where you get turned over every 3-4 tackles, thus making it impossible to run the ball. Every player on the pitch is concentrated in an area the size of a telephone booth. It is an absolutely crap game.

And of course people are going to download it, everyone knows that. If they have a problem with that they should get another job because that isn't going to change anytime soon.

bala, bala, bala, your not going to last here very long if you act like this. If you hate the game that much, then your best going elsewhere. We have had heaps of people say what they don't like about the game. HB have even asked in another thread for a list of the 5 things we thought didn't work about the game.

You though, have been unconstructive, you have made comment which infers piracy is something developers should get used to. Really? So, people who can't afford to buy a game like yourself can have a free one? That's not fair.

As for your other comments.

You don't get turned over every 3 or 4 tackles if your any good. As well as that I might add that if you held onto the ball for 20 tackles, it'd be an automatic try, because it's not realistic in a video game for someone to hold out that long. Jonah Lomu Rugby was recognised as an all time great game, but turn-overs happened there all the time too. Video games are not real rugby, some minor concession (like the number of phases) will always happen.

So even in 3-4 phases, how does that make it impossible to run the ball. What if your move on the 2nd tackle gets you through the line, you suck in the fullback and pass to an unmarked player who scores? How did that make it impossible to run the ball? So, wrong again mate.

Every player on the pitch is concentrated in an area the size of a telephone booth? So when does that happen? From what I see sometimes when you break the line, the players bunch, which is a bit rubbish, but that's hardly the standard for the game. Maybe you hang out in a big telephone booth of your own?

It is an absolutely crap game? You ever realised that you are just one person? Many people on here wouldn't rate Rugby '08 as awesome. I wouldn't. I'd give it about a 7 out of 10. Most people who are harsh on it would give it around 6 and a half out of 10. I've seen a lot of ratings and that's not just my opinion. So, you are......wrong again. You do realise that outbursts and tantrums are what children do? Most grow out of it though.

As for your last comment. That was the funniest. Your in a thread that you obviously went into because you want a PC version and then you tell the developers that everyone will just download it anyway. Well, that'll help a PC version come out won't it? Luckily most people on this forum are not interested in being pirates such as yourself, so there may one day be hope for a PC version.

Anyhow, I've deconstructed your argument on every conceivable level, which was fun. :)

Not sure if I'll be seeing you around as I might have to give you a seven day holiday or more.

Or maybe they could keep their jobs and just focus on the 360 and PS3 version if everybody is going to download it as you say. You clearly want a PC Version yet claim that it will be pirated which sends a message to HB not to make a PC Version.

Or maybe they could keep their jobs and just focus on the 360 and PS3 version if everybody is going to download it as you say. You clearly want a PC Version yet claim that it will be pirated which sends a message to HB not to make a PC Version.

The man has been given a red card, a naughty seat and a week to think about it. Thanks for the common sense reply though Lochsta22.

The man has been given a red card, a naughty seat and a week to think about it. Thanks for the common sense reply though Lochsta22.

Anytime :D. Back to the topic. I bought Rugby 08 first on PS2 within a week of it's release and only bought the PC Version for the sole purpose of better graphics and the ability to mod the game and the incredibly low price :D. Although, I hope for the sake of Faatau and the other keen modders that the game is brought out on PC. If it was released a little bit later after the initial release on PS3 and 360 then it could include some PC-Only features like with GTA 4 and the whole Video-Editing thing.

Bit harsh surely? All he did was say he thought the game was crap and that piracey is inevitable after all.

Bit harsh surely? All he did was say he thought the game was crap and that piracey is inevitable after all.

The guy's off for 7 days, not had his internet cut off. He'll be back. Putting forward the idea that we should a "get used to" piracy is the first step in conversations which inevitably have led to full advocation/promotion of piracy in past threads. We have a hard line against even insinuation that piracy is a normalised part of gaming.

Also, like it or not HB Studios are our valued guests and I'm not interested in them being told they should "get other jobs". Our members are valued too, if they can conduct themselves with any degree of common sense.

Latest posts