• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PC Version?

man im gonna be heartbroken if there is no PC version

look at this forum - the massive amount of modding, discusion and posts wouldnt be going on if there were no PC version....bit of a kick in the guts really

man im gonna be heartbroken if there is no PC version

look at this forum - the massive amount of modding, discusion and posts wouldnt be going on if there were no PC version....bit of a kick in the guts really

My thoughts exactly. If it does come to PC I'll definitely be pre-ordering it.

To be honest, a pc version wouldn't sell well in South Africa. True rugby supporters, the rugby game buyers have problems just controlling the mouse...consoles are the industry standerd when it comes to gaming...plus piracy is allot harder...Xbox 360 rocks!

The case for a PC version

Simple as this: Rugby gaming has been kept alive in the PC platform thanks to the tireless efforts of patch makers like Fa'atau82. Us pc gamers have been dreaming of an improved Rugby ***le year after year and we deserve our fix.

I know piracy is a huge let down for pc development, but the new alternatives in the market prove you can thrive with a strong online offer. The best example of this is Mindstorm Studios' Cricket Revolution They cut the middle man by releasing the game through Steam at a very reasonable cost. Since the game requires tu be updated to be played online and updates can only be made through Steam automatically and only when you posses the original game, they have created a very sound, cost effective, PIRACY FREE (I challenge you to find a pirated, fully updated version of CR) business model. Think about it, no more publishers, HB actually gets the biggest chunk in the profits pie.

If anyone at HB is reading this, please contact the guys over at Mindstorm and enquire about their experience with their cricket game. Not only have they made a sensational cricket game, they've built a whole organized playing community around it. Just think about the possibilities here, people are so in need of an online rugby experience that browser-based games like Blackout Rugby have thousands of users from all over the globe. If you can combine that community based environment with an actual rugby game, I can assure you you will have struck GOLD.

Finally, you could use the same game engine with updated rosters and kits but more importantly, keeping improvement of the game through minor yet periodical improvements (an advantage consoles don't support). People have been playing 3-4 year old games with only minor amateur fixes.

My proposal for this: The game comes with all the stuff for 2012 (teams, kits, rosters, tournaments) and then as time goes on you can release official mods like the following season's ANZC or Currie Cup for sums in the $10 range. This would allow you to expand your license base over a period of time rather than being forced to buy them before the game is released. Also, this would give an opportunity for other thriving competitions to get a game. For example, if you see that sales in Spain are doing well then you could release a Liga Superibérica mod for that market. Since the bulk of the work on those mods would be in painting the kits and perhaps some stadium modeling (which could be made easier with the use a tool similar to that used in fifa manager), development costs for these mods which under the conventional business model would be games on their own right that get slammed for being the same with a different name would be reduced greatly.

The idea of buying dedicated content isn't new. iRacing is the hottest new sim. It has a massive user base even when it's expensive as hell (buying the game only gets you a couple cars and like 2 tracks). Yet it's successful because people don't mind paying $10 for a realistic, professionally modeled car or track.

Possibilities are infinite, and I'm sure such an effort will come with a huge reward for the people who dare to take things to the next level. I can only hope HB studios will hear the call and pick up the glove.

PS: I'd love if the people behind the game responded, you can get some awesome feedback from the people in this community who appreciate your past worl and look forward for a smashing hit in 2012.

Last edited:
If you'd like to support the release of a PC version, please got this thread and sign the petition. PC GAMERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!!!!!!!

If they decided to make a pc version I would hope they would not only use steam but gamersgate.com I much prefer gamers gate than steam, much better service.

If they decided to make a pc version I would hope they would not only use steam but gamersgate.com I much prefer gamers gate than steam, much better service.

Yes but a lot more people will have Steam.

I really, really like this idea. Excellent case for HB Studios to think about.
Steam is becoming the new way ship games for the PC.

Bit harsh surely? All he did was say he thought the game was crap and that piracey is inevitable after all.

Pretty much this, it's not our fault other people download it illegally is it? And if you go to Amazon or any other user rating site my appraisal of the game is pretty much the consensus. Way too many turnovers making it impossible to run the ball, players concentrated in a tiny area, terrible defense, just doesn't really resemble rugby at all. Are there any 'mods' on this forum that fix these issues?

bala, bala, bala, your not going to last here very long if you act like this. If you hate the game that much, then your best going elsewhere. We have had heaps of people say what they don't like about the game. HB have even asked in another thread for a list of the 5 things we thought didn't work about the game.

You though, have been unconstructive, you have made comment which infers piracy is something developers should get used to. Really? So, people who can't afford to buy a game like yourself can have a free one? That's not fair.

As for your other comments.

You don't get turned over every 3 or 4 tackles if your any good. As well as that I might add that if you held onto the ball for 20 tackles, it'd be an automatic try, because it's not realistic in a video game for someone to hold out that long. Jonah Lomu Rugby was recognised as an all time great game, but turn-overs happened there all the time too. Video games are not real rugby, some minor concession (like the number of phases) will always happen.

So even in 3-4 phases, how does that make it impossible to run the ball. What if your move on the 2nd tackle gets you through the line, you suck in the fullback and pass to an unmarked player who scores? How did that make it impossible to run the ball? So, wrong again mate.

Every player on the pitch is concentrated in an area the size of a telephone booth? So when does that happen? From what I see sometimes when you break the line, the players bunch, which is a bit rubbish, but that's hardly the standard for the game. Maybe you hang out in a big telephone booth of your own?

It is an absolutely crap game? You ever realised that you are just one person? Many people on here wouldn't rate Rugby '08 as awesome. I wouldn't. I'd give it about a 7 out of 10. Most people who are harsh on it would give it around 6 and a half out of 10. I've seen a lot of ratings and that's not just my opinion. So, you are......wrong again. You do realise that outbursts and tantrums are what children do? Most grow out of it though.

As for your last comment. That was the funniest. Your in a thread that you obviously went into because you want a PC version and then you tell the developers that everyone will just download it anyway. Well, that'll help a PC version come out won't it? Luckily most people on this forum are not interested in being pirates such as yourself, so there may one day be hope for a PC version.

Anyhow, I've deconstructed your argument on every conceivable level, which was fun. :)

Not sure if I'll be seeing you around as I might have to give you a seven day holiday or more.

Nice job, too bad 90% of the posters in this section agrees with me :)

Nice job, too bad 90% of the posters in this section agrees with me :)

Easy to type, hard to prove. The 90% probably consists of the one person you quoted who thought I was "a bit harsh", hmm not "a lot harsh", just a bit. Great stats. I think if your trying to prove a point you should at least have the intelligence to have the reference points to back it up. I'm not going to "glance through the threads in this section, son" as you so condescendingly put it, it's your job to prove your made up stats mean anything at all. Just because people want to improve a game which is considerably old now, doesn't mean they hate or hated it. Poor work boy.

You hate the game so much I'm sure if something like a beta happens, you'll be the first name on HB's/our list. :)

Easy to type, hard to prove.)

A quick glance through the threads in this section will suffice son :).

Also, just as an aside, this is pretty much the most unprofessional moderating staff I have ever encountered on the interwebs. Changing my status? Really? What kind of board is this? I'm very surprised the makers of any video game would sign up to such an amateur forum.

Last edited:
A quick glance through the threads in this section will suffice.

Also, just as an aside, this is pretty much the most unprofessional moderating staff I have ever encountered on the interwebs. Changing my status? Really? What kind of board is this? I'm very surprised the makers of any video game would sign up to such an amateur forum.

Get over it. We're the worst ever. The games were the worst ever. Can I pass you a kleenex so you can carry on bleating about how rubbish everything is? Mind you, if it's all so crap, surely you have better places to be?

Anyhow, get back on topic.

Get over it. We're the worst ever. The games were the worst ever. Can I pass you a kleenex so you can carry on bleating about how rubbish everything is? Mind you, if it's all so crap, surely you have better places to be?

Anyhow, get back on topic.

Yes I'll definitely be leaving this forum now. With such a great domain name I now understand why this forum isn't anywhere near as successful as it should be.

Yes I'll definitely be leaving this forum now. With such a great domain name I now understand why this forum isn't anywhere near as successful as it should be.

Bye then

*3... 2... 1... smart-arse aussie wit in response*

I am 100% sure that HB/EA will port it on to PC as we are all sure they would not let us down! it will just come out a few months later than the console versions, I'm sure that a lot of people on this forum will definitely order their copy on the PC (I will be 1 of them).
As said in the thread HB have joined up with TRF as they see a good thing and the hard work that this forum can show,
I mean look at how much the modders like myself and others have put many hours into making the game look and play better for all of use to enjoy and make it last a little bit longer! Look how long it took FIFA to get where it is today so we must give them that chance to improve bit at a time. . .
Fingers crossed!!! :)

Leave then Bala you sook - if you can't be constructive then **** off.

I would love to see a PC version come out, purely for the sake of ensuring it can be updated regularly!

I am all for this option. I regularly use steam and it is a great service. Keep in mind though that Steam obviously won't be free so HB studios would need to look at the cost involved in using steam. If steam only charges them by taking a small percentage of every copy sold via steam then it is definitely a viable choice, similarly with any downloadable content they might look at throwing in in the future. Releasing a physical copy of the game would still be necessary as some people such as all the pacific islands, which produce a lot of rugby players and for whom rugby is the national sport, do not have cheap, fast internet available to download the game via steam.

And there the arguement goes belly up... If just 1 copy of the game is out there, you can put money on it someone has made a torrent. also, steam is very easily hackable, anyone who played counterstrike source (fully online) before hl2s release can confirm this.

Stopping game piracy is like stopping the sun rising.

Latest posts